So moving along now..

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gimcrack

Re: So moving along now..

Post by Gimcrack »

Last Thursday we received a lovely 10" of snow. Tomorrow the high will be 75F. Sunday's forecast is snow.
:arg
Where am I, and why am I holding a handbasket?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Well, variety is the spice of life... 8-)
ImageImageImage

dgs49

Post by dgs49 »

After several days of mid-Spring-like days, they call for 25degrees F tomorrow evening. My neighborhood has many white and pink dogwoods that were just starting to flower. If the forecasters are right, it won't be pretty.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

dgs49 wrote:After several days of mid-Spring-like days, they call for 25degrees F tomorrow evening. My neighborhood has many white and pink dogwoods that were just starting to flower. If the forecasters are right, it won't be pretty.
I'd expect a lot of yipping and howling, if not outright barking. But maybe that is how the dogwoods behave in the West on cold Spring mornings.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

It is freaking snowing like there is no tomorrow. Yesterday it was in the high 70's, day before it was over 80.

rubato

Post by rubato »

One of the great things about Portland is the many varieties of flowering trees esp. in some of the older neighborhoods. Spring and Fall are really 'events' to look forward to each year.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

There's never a duck handy when one is needed.

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Spent last night up Telstra Tower trying to get a snap of th "blood moon", all I got was fucking freezing cold.

http://www.telstratower.com.au/
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

We have had snow, sleet and sunshine in various quantities today, sometimes simultaneously, sometimes a few minutes apart. There is a chill in the air but I cannot complain really. Husband and I are taking time off this week and taking long drives, among other things, so it is good weather for that really.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

65-70 and crazy winds yesterday. Snow tonight/tomorrow morning. Back to January in April.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Don't laugh, this morning I passed workers at a local park "blowing" leaves and loose sticks, all coated in an inch of ice. Then I passed the next set of "lawn" workers trying to rake old leaves, also coated in ice.

Mother Nature, she is a grumpy one so far in 2014.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm. Or not.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

It was absolutely beautiful today, cool temps and lots of sunshine. The rest of the week through the weekend looks stellar.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Cracking day in the offing here, shame I'm at work :(
Forecast for the rest of Thursday
Summary Max 20
Mostly sunny
.Chance of any rain: 5%
Rainfall amount: 0 mm
Canberra area
Mostly sunny. Local early fog patches. Light winds becoming northwesterly in the afternoon and east to northeasterly in the evening.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Rick

Post by Rick »

It rained mud here today
Sometimes it seems as though one has to cross the line just to figger out where it is

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

High of 40 degrees again today, with an easterly wind and salt floating about in the air.

More late February than late April. Brrrrrrrrrr.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

We've got a little warming trend going on...

After some late season rain last week and over the weekend, and some windy chilly weather, ("chilly" being defined here as not getting out of the low 50s) it's 67 at the moment, (hit 71 earlier today) tomorrow we should be in the mid 70's, and Thursday we may hit 80...
ImageImageImage

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Rick wrote:It rained mud here today
I'm glad to see the tornadoes gave you a miss.
Guinevere wrote:High of 40 degrees again today, with an easterly wind and salt floating about in the air.

More late February than late April. Brrrrrrrrrr.
I was up in your neighborhood today (well, Providence-ish); weather was dreadful.
GAH!

Gob

Post by Gob »

Summary
Max 16
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 20%

Canberra area

Partly cloudy. Winds westerly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the early afternoon.