So moving along now..

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Guinevere

Re: So moving along now..

Post by Guinevere »

Sue U wrote:
Rick wrote:It rained mud here today
I'm glad to see the tornadoes gave you a miss.
Guinevere wrote:High of 40 degrees again today, with an easterly wind and salt floating about in the air.

More late February than late April. Brrrrrrrrrr.
I was up in your neighborhood today (well, Providence-ish); weather was dreadful.
Hey! I can get there in an hour (or less) from the office. You shoulda called me . . .
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Rick

Post by Rick »

I'm glad to see the tornadoes gave you a miss.
Me too thanks :D
Sometimes it seems as though one has to cross the line just to figger out where it is

Gob

Post by Gob »

The first snowflakes of the year have fallen on the skiing fields of Thredbo with further snow expected in the coming days.

Thredbo communications manager Susie Diver said the mountain resort came to life with the first report of snow about 10.30am on Wednesday.

“The lift manager standing at the top of Snowgums Chairlift called me to say ‘big fat snowflakes' are falling,” she said.

“Recently we’ve been seeing a lot of black cockatoos on the mountain which usually indicates a change in the weather – and hopefully it’s a change that brings plenty of snow!”

Weatherzone meteorologist Max Gonzales said temperatures dropped below freezing at Thredbo about 5am on Wednesday, and snowfall was likely to continue throughout the morning.

“We’ve seen 23mm of precipitation at the mountain since Tuesday afternoon and some of this formed into snowflakes on Wednesday morning,” he said.

Ms Diver said she expected the snow to ease today however more was expected later in the week, especially on Saturday which is tipped to be the coldest day of the year so far, with a top of minus one degree forecast for Thredbo

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/environ ... z30KvmFvq0
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

They low balled us on the heat yesterday; it got up to 86 here...(it hit 90 in some parts of town)

Supposed to hit 78 today...
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

Canberra has smashed a 67-year-old record for the warmest late-autumn fortnight although meteorologists are predicting heavy rain will return to the ACT on Tuesday afternoon.

Weatherzone meteorologist Brett Dutschke said Canberra has reached temperatures of at least 18 degrees every day since May 11 with Saturday being the warmest day at 21 degrees.

“In the fortnight to [Sunday[ the average maximum temperature was 19.3 degrees, which is the warmest fortnight this late in the autumn since the week ending May 23, 1947," he said.

But Mr Dutschke said Canberra is unlikely to beat the warmest May record due to a cold snap at the start of the month that brought frosts and freezing overnight temperatures.

“The warmest May on record was 2005 with an average maximum temperature of 18.4 degrees, while at the moment we’re running at an average of 17.4 degrees,” he said.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... z32n9nwYdy
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

We have had an unusually cool/cold spring. I loved every second of it. Temps are now on the upswing and we are going to have our first humid day today. I hope we have a cool wet June to go with this, that would be wonderful and a nice payback for the gruesome winter we had.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Canberra has limped through the coldest morning of the year with temperatures dropping to a low of -3.9 degrees around 5.40am.

Weatherzone meteorologist Max Gonzalez said July was shaping up to be a colder-than-average month with an overnight average of -1 degree and a daytime average of 11 degrees, which is 0.5c colder than the July average.

“Temperatures have dropped below freezing in Canberra every morning this month with the exception of Thursday and Sunday morning,” he said.

Mr Gonzalez said Monday morning felt so chilly was because it was more than 8 degrees colder than the Sunday low of 4.4 degrees - an exceptionally warm morning for July.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weath ... z36kVz3oYK