Hey, Hey, Hey . . . It's Bill Cosby, Serial Rapist!

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

Hey, Hey, Hey . . . It's Bill Cosby, Serial Rapist!

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gonna have a good time . . . Rapin' some womenfolk!

C'mon, who's gonna defend him?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Re: Hey, Hey, Hey . . . It's Bill Cosby, Serial Rapist!

Post by Lord Jim »

This is one of those situations, (like Joe Paterno...)

Where it doesn't matter how many good things you have done in your life, the evil out weighs it, and you have to be held to account...
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Are you saying that just because 13 different women have accused him of raping them - some of them after he gave them pills - he is guilty?

Just because early in his career in his standup act he joked about giving women pills and taking advantage of them?

Is that all you've got???

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Joe Guy wrote:Are you saying that just because 13 different women have accused him of raping them - some of them after he gave them pills - he is guilty?

Just because early in his career in his standup act he joked about giving women pills and taking advantage of them?

Is that all you've got???
It's because I'm a racist...

I don't like Bill Cosby because he's black...
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

Bing Crosby wan't black!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

But this really isn't funny...

This guy was a serial rapist, and he was smart enough in the way he did it, and enough time has passed, that he'll never be held to account legally....

But his career is over, (his pending projects have all been cancelled, hell, TV Land has even stopped running reruns of The Cosby Show...)

and his reputation has been destroyed...

And he's living long enough to see that happen...

The fact that he's living long enough to see the phony "good guy" persona he so carefully cultivated over so many years destroyed is his punishment...
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Over at USMB it's running about 3:1 in defense of Cosby, with all the tired ignorant rape myths being perpetuated - largely by women posters!!

This is why I'm addicted to this place. Even though we all have our flaws, we are an island of reason in an internet ocean of insanity.
Last edited by BoSoxGal on Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I think lib and rubato may be islands. wesw too. Most others qualify under reason.. just about in some cases. Joe Guy is in no category whatever.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

“Cosby Gets Two Standing Ovations in Florida”
Oh, Florida. Is there nothing you can’t get wrong?
--God https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod/statu ... 8117227521

(edited to make it clear that the above was a quote)
Last edited by Econoline on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

bigskygal wrote:Over at USMB it's running about 3:1 in defense of Cosby, with all the tired ignorant rape myths being perpetuated - largely by women posters!!

This is why I'm addicted to this place. Even though we all have our flaws, we are an island of reason in an internet ocean of insanity.
Granted, I've been offline for a few days...but I missed those threads.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

“Cosby Gets Two Standing Ovations in Florida”
Yeah, a college audience no less... :roll:

It's all well and good to talk about "innocent till proven guilty" but there's way too much smoke here for their not to be any fire. (Plus he settled with one woman ten years ago)

Most of these women coming forward now are doing so at a time when it is too late for them to have any benefit or for him to face any legal punishment. It's tough to see what motive they would have to lie.

One of the most credible is a lady who just came forward in the past couple of days who recounted an incident going back to 1969. What makes her particularity credible is that she doesn't accuse Cosby of raping her; she says he tried to get her to take the pills and when he wouldn't he tried to sexually assault her, but that she was able to get away.

If she was lying, why not make the story worse?

Plus the lady had an extensive history of petty drug arrests (all after the incident with Cosby) that she had to know would be publicized if she came forward.

In fact there's an interesting aspect to that. Cosby's lawyer has been a very busy man lately, having to issue denials on Cosby's behalf almost everyday as new allegations emerge. In this case he issued a press release with her whole legal history almost immediately after she her story appeared in the press.

The speed with which that was done made it look like the lawyer might have known about this woman in advance, so he was prepared when she came forward. This makes me wonder if maybe Cosby has provided his lawyer with a list of his victims, so that he can have his investigators dig up whatever dirt they can find to try to discredit them when they go public.
Last edited by Lord Jim on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

There's always room for ... more
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

My husband asked me why a man like Cosby would need to rape women since he ostensibly could get any woman he wanted. The answer is simple, rape is what gets the jerk's motor running.

His wife should have packed it up years ago when it became public that he had been unfaithful.

Honestly though, he pinged racist to me, not rapist.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

TPFKA@W wrote:My husband asked me why a man like Cosby would need to rape women since he ostensibly could get any woman he wanted. The answer is simple, rape is what gets the jerk's motor running.
Exactly!!

That sentiment [why does he need to rape anybody? he can get laid anytime] is what I've seen posted repeated on USMB about this issue, and I recall seeing it about Kobe Bryant's rape of a young hotel clerk, and other notorious rape cases involving famous men.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:My husband asked me why a man like Cosby would need to rape women since he ostensibly could get any woman he wanted. The answer is simple, rape is what gets the jerk's motor running
Rape is not about sex. It is assault. It is about power.

Maybe Cosby could get (have sex) any woman he wants (I doubt it) but rape and sex are two very different things.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

My husband asked me why a man like Cosby would need to rape women since he ostensibly could get any woman he wanted. The answer is simple, rape is what gets the jerk's motor running.
That's exactly right; just like any other rapist, he got off on the "power" and "control" of it. And he was smart enough to go about it in a way (by drugging them) that would have made it difficult for the young women (some of whom were underage) to give a credible contemporaneous account of what happened.

Apparently he is also arrogant enough to believe if he just ignores this long enough, he can ride it out:
Regarding the accusations, Cosby said, "I know people are tired of me not saying anything, but a guy doesn't have to answer to innuendos. People should fact check. People shouldn't have to go through that and shouldn't answer to innuendos."
http://www.vulture.com/2014/11/bill-cos ... orida.html

I hope the sonuvabitch is wrong. The fact that all the businesses that had professional plans with him are now running from him like he has Ebola indicates that he may be wrong. Despite that appalling reception he got at that college in Florida, a number of other planned appearances have been cancelled:
Five upcoming appearances — in Nevada, Illinois, Arizona, South Carolina and Washington — were canceled Friday, on top of early announcements scuttling a new TV series on NBC, a Thanksgiving special on Netflix, and even reruns of his 1980s sitcom on the cable network TV Land.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/f ... rylink=cpy

Are you saying that just because 13 different women have accused him of raping them
Joe, your numbers are out of date:
The reader comments were split between those outraged at Mr. Cosby and those who doubted the allegations of the 15 women.
http://www.nytimes.com/times-insider/20 ... s-respond/
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

meade meade meade, no man is an island.( sigh)....insurance guys....

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Donne kid me wesw. I know who you really are........ ;)

rubato

Post by rubato »

This story has broken so quickly that I don't know what to think about it. On the whole it is very discouraging whether true or false.

Cosby had provided a bridge across the racial divide for a lot of America and it is destructive if his personal failings will undo some of that.

For the moment I will wait and see what the evidence is.

yrs,
rubato

wesw

Post by wesw »

I agree with rube. cosby made a lot of enemies in the Sharpton crowd. I would not put anything past them....

cnn is a sad excuse for a news network in any case