Too Much For Words -or- Two Sides Of Human Nature

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
dales

Too Much For Words -or- Two Sides Of Human Nature

Post by dales »

The inhumanity of some small-minded people is beyond my comprehension.

Dying 7-year-old gets shopping spree

Earlier this week SFGate featured a heart-wrenching story about a terminally ill 7-year-old who was mocked on Facebook.

Kathleen Edward goes shopping.
After the story of Kathleen Edward broke in the media, people across the globe reached out to shower her with support, love, and money. This Michigan girl dying of Huntington's disease has received calls and emails from as far away as China, Australia and Sweden.

Yesterday, Edward went on a mega shopping spree at Ann Arbor toy store Tree Town Toys. A white stretch Hummer and a caravan of police vehicles picked her up at her home. When she arrived at the store, she walked a red carpet while a cheering crowd tossed red rose petals.

Store owner Hans Masing told Edward to pick out anything she wanted. The first thing she grabbed was a frog. A gift for her father who likes them.

"She always smiles, but I've never seen her smile like this," Kathleen's grandmother, Rebecca Rose of Trenton, told the Daily Record.

Huntington's Disease is a degenerative brain disorder, which Edward's mother, Laura, has already died from. The little girl made headline news when some people living on her street posted grim depictions of her on Facebook. One photo features Kathleen's face above a set of crossbones.

The neighbors were reportedly angry with the Edward family because they received a late invitation via text message to Kathleen's birthday party.

The toy store has led an effort to raise money for the Edward family and has brought in $17,500. Ten percent will go to the Edward family, some will pay for the shopping spree, and the remaining amount will be used to buy toys for kids at C.S.Mott Children's Hospital at the University of Michigan, kids in hospice, and other kids in the area with Huntington's disease.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfm ... z12TRRuHOl
She's already lost her mother to Huntington's and her so-called neighbors are heaping insults on a 7 year old girl? These reprehensible cretins need a good public caning then tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. Shame on these people, shame, shame, shame, shame. :arg

Here's more:

Trenton - The woman who disgusted people around the world by taunting a dying seven-year-old girl was arrested for assault with a dangerous weapon and dangerous driving after she allegedly tried to use her car to run over another neighbour.

Jennifer Petkov had posted pictures on Facebook showing Kathleen Edward, who is dying from Huntington ’s disease, as the face on a skull and crossbones; as well as a picture of Kathleen’s mother, Laura Edward, in the arms of the grim reaper. Laura died of Huntington ’s disease last year.

Tana Boling was on her way to visit Kathleen’s grandmother, Rebecca Rose, who Petkov has been feuding with, on October 15. She said that, as she crossed the street, Petkov attempted to hit her.

"Her car was in her driveway. I didn't notice if anyone was inside, it's just there. When I got so far into the street, she came speeding out of her driveway right toward me,” she told Fox 2 Detroit. “If I didn't get out of the way she would have hit me, there is no doubt.”

Petkov, 33, is jail pending a bond of $75,000 or 10 per cent paid for release.
A preliminary examination of the evidence against her is scheduled for October 26.

Petkov is also under a six-month probation for disorderly conduct, which began on July 5.
The Petkovs had also placed a truck, painted with tombstones and with a coffin in the back, in the street.

They had their house egged and received death threats after that story became public. They then apologized for their actions, removed the posts, dismantled the coffin and moved the truck out of sight.

Thousands of people expressed support for Kathleen and raised money for her, allowing her to go on a shopping spree at a toy store. Fox 2 also has a video of that online.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/2 ... z12TZL4OVi

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Re: Too Much For Words -or- Two Sides Of Human Nature

Post by Gob »

Humanely putting Jennifer Petkov to sleep would be a good thing...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”