I Doubt That He'll Be Able To Tunnel Out Of Supermax....

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

One illegal alien we're happy to welcome; enjoy Colorado Mr. Guzman:
Mexico begins extradition process to send captured drug lord 'El Chapo' to U.S.

MEXICO CITY — The Mexican government said Saturday it had started the process to extradite captured cartel kingpin Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán Loera to the United States, where he would face organized crime, drug and money laundering charges – and presumably find it harder to escape from prison for a third time.

“With the capture of Guzmán Loera it should start the respective extradition proceedings, which, according to the Extradition Law, has several steps,” the attorney general’s office said in a statement.

The office gave no timetable for the process, though Guzmán, upon being notified, had three days to contest the extradition and 20 days to present evidence in his defense. Guzmán also had the right to seek injunctions against his extradition, but the attorney general’s office says he had unsuccessfully sought similar actions while on the lam for the past six months.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... /78548994/
ImageImageImage

RayThom

FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

Post by RayThom »

The Sinaloa Cartel vs NYC Metropolitan Correctional Center.

This is going to be good.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Re: I Doubt That He'll Be Able To Tunnel Out Of Supermax....

Post by wesw »

Fafhrd

Post by Fafhrd »

So they put him back in the same prison from which he escaped six months ago (evidently by walking out of the front entrance)? What do you want to bet that he'll be out again shortly?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

(evidently by walking out of the front entrance)?
No Faf, his escape was a lot more Hollywood then that...

His gang tunneled from more than mile away to right underneath the shower in his cell...On top of that, they installed a motorcycle on a beam so that he could escape quickly and didn't have to walk the length of the tunnel...

But what I take to be your larger point; that so long as he's held in Mexico he still might be able to escape is certainly a valid one, given the level of corruption in the Mexican legal system.
Last edited by Lord Jim on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

And of course, if the Mexican government does succeed in extraditing him to the USA and the US Dept of Justice tries (and presumably convicts) him on "...organized crime, drug and money laundering charges..."(sic), then the cost of his incarceration — as well as the risk of any retaliation by the Sinaloa cartel — will be on the USA and its taxpayers and Mexico is off the hook.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Don't forget that if Trump is elected, the Don will export all Mexicans to er.... Mexico.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

AN "EL CHAPO" BIOPIC...

Post by RayThom »

... was his undoing. What price vanity?

Sean Penn? I think Luis Guzmán would be better.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Post by wesw »

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Well, DUH!... is anyone surprised?

I wonder how long it will be before his next escape attempt?

Joaquin 'El Chapo’ Guzman, Sinaloa Cartel Leader, Convicted of Running a Continuing Criminal Enterprise and Other Drug-Related Charges
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/joaquin- ... g-criminal

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

He was quoted as saying "They never made the prison that can hold me. I'll get out of here, even if I have to spend the rest of my life doing it."

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Well, well, well... it looks like the aguacates don't fall far from the árbol.

Sons of Joaquin Guzman Loera Aka “El Chapo” Charged with Drug Trafficking
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/sons-joa ... rafficking

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

RR, he may not be able to get out, even dead in a coffin. Many prisons have graveyards on the premises.

snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Burning Petard wrote:RR, he may not be able to get out, even dead in a coffin. Many prisons have graveyards on the premises.

snailgate
Why bury him at all?  Haul him out back with the rest of the garbage and compost him, or mince him and feed him to the guard dogs.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?