Just for you, Lord Jim!

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

Just for you, Lord Jim!

Post by BoSoxGal »

I've accepted the inevitable and for the good of my country, I'm giving up on Bernie and I'm ready for Hillary . . . well at least unless she somehow drops out before the convention.

Anyway, I've changed my avatar and might change it again because I am not yet quite satisfied with it.

But MOST IMPORTANTLY - I've added a new photo to my signature line JUST FOR LORD JIM! :mrgreen:

eta: Here's the photo, since I've already changed it and this thread doesn't make much sense without it:

I'm going to keep it there for as long as you have that stupid Washington football team's racist mascot in yours. :nana
Last edited by BoSoxGal on Thu May 19, 2016 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Re: Just for you, Lord Jim!

Post by Lord Jim »

I gotta better one for you:

:P
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

How about this one?

This is for you, Jim!!

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Why do so many pick on the Redskins mascot as racist? It does not look near as insulting as the Cleveland Indians logo. The language that is demeaning is tough to keep track of. Was the person image on the buffalo nickel racist? The problem, IMNSHO, is the intent behind the words. As long as hate or elitism remain, what ever word or image is used, it will be racist and insulting. Changing the word or graphic does not change the reality. My college emblem was a hornet. Somehow I never noticed anyone connecting that with insects.

Changing the Washington DC NFL logo to a potato or a spanish peanut, as David Letterman suggested, would not get one more dollar in oil royalties out of the US Department of Interior, which is STILL running in contempt of court over these payments.
snailgate

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

We pretty much gave that dead horse a right thrashing a couple of years ago snail...
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

In the interests of something or other, the Cleveland Indians are phasing Chief Wahoo out. "All deliberate speed" again. But he will go, eventually. They hope if he just fades, some of the rampant 'phobes who love him will keep quiet.

And the objection isn't to the Redskins mascot (or emblem) - it's to the name. That and their crappy play.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

BSG--I like Jim's picture better; Bill is much harder to recognize.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Burning Petard wrote:Why do so many pick on the Redskins mascot as racist? It does not look near as insulting as the Cleveland Indians logo.
True, but no one watches Cleveland Indians games.
GAH!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Yeah, and besides that, nearly everyone in India looks just like the guy on Cleveland's logo.

Image Image

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

The Beasthas many faces:

And what I feel personally represents the whole of her being: LIAR LIAR.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

You just come across as unhinged when you post stuff that digs up the corpse of Vince Foster to attack her.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Scooter wrote:You just come across as unhinged when you post stuff that digs up the corpse of Vince Foster to attack her.
You come across as unhinged when you support this witch.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I don't think about her much one way or another. You act as if you caught her in the act fucking your husband.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I have caught her in the act of fucking the country.

She is no better than Trump and those who support her have nothing on wesw.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

You keep saying that, @w, but honestly, I just don't get it. What is it that you've caught her at? How has she fucked the country? Look, I'm no Clinton fan, but I really don't understand where you're coming from. I'm only asking because I genuinely want to know; I'm not going to argue with you. I don't think you pull your opinions out of your butt as a general rule. So I want to know why a smart woman like you has this particular view.
GAH!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Hey BSG...

I'm thinking of taking down the Warriors image from my sigline and replacing it with this:

Whaddya think? :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Well, honestly . . . no offense to the Warriors, but the Yanks have a better logo. :ok

:nana :fu
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I couldn't be bothered to keep that funny White Thin Skins logo up, I couldn't get it sized right and it kinda bugged me even acknowledging the issue . . . so instead, more BoSox! Solidly in 2nd place, just a smidge behind Baltimore, with the Yanks waaaaaay in the dust behind them. Life is good! :mrgreen:
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Also I couldn't stand looking at Bill & Hill. :lol:
Last edited by BoSoxGal on Thu May 19, 2016 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Just For You, Lord Jim!

Post by RayThom »

BoSoxGal wrote:... Anyway, I've changed my avatar and might change it again because I am not yet quite satisfied with it...
Please, change it quickly. I'm getting ill looking at that young, subtle, BoSox ball girl, with her flat tummy and that come-hither look. Quite frankly, she everything I don't want in a woman. YUK!
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”