LEST WE FORGET

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
RayThom

LEST WE FORGET

Post by RayThom »

I am watching the Tony's and I am reminded of an incident that occurred a year ago come midnight. It will probably be the lead story for most of the day even with Trump doing his tweeter thing.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/a-year-a ... -recovery/
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Re: LEST WE FORGET

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

wesw

Post by wesw »

lest we forget who did it

islam hates the gays

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

No more so than christianity, or any other religion or group, does. Hatred is an individual thing we each choose to do, and it can be something we each choose to end. Of course, it's not easy to change, and it's far easier to go on hating.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Lest we forget that the voices of those who said that not enough fags were killed were almost if not exclusively Christian.

And that purveyors of their own type of hatred who try to use this massacre to advance their own agenda are pissing on the graves of the dead.

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

wesw wrote:lest we forget who did it

islam hates the gays
No. It's roughly the Islamofascist cadre whose ecological niche is occupied among Christians by the Westboro Baptists and their fellow travellers. So hatred of gays is very much a far right wing phenomenon the world over.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I know who my enemy is:
A slim majority of Muslims (51%) favor same-sex marriage, but only 34% are opposed; 15% offer no opinion on this issue.
Only about one-third (34%) of white evangelical Protestants support same-sex marriage today, while nearly six in ten (58%) are opposed, including 30% who are strongly opposed.
Only two major religious groups believe small business owners in their state should be allowed to refuse service to gay or lesbian people on religious grounds—white evangelical Protestants and Mormons. Notably, they support this position at the same rate—53%.
Muslims (59%) ... reject a policy allowing religiously based refusals to serve gay and lesbian people.
And the fact that who my enemy is coincides with who has the ear of those in power makes this a dangerous time indeed.

-- Author unknown

rubato

Post by rubato »

Oppression and abuse of gay in Africa is almost entirely the creation of White Evangelical Protestant missionaries.

yrs,
rubato