We can't win

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
MajGenl.Meade

Re: We can't win

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Well, I don't recall liberals becoming Nazi-lovers.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

Copied from other thread: read the history of air power doctrine. I will be back:

by Bicycle Bill » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:41 am

liberty wrote:
Exactly what is that I have posted that qualifies me as an asshole?

I suppose I could start with your repeated insistence that America's military cannot compare to the Red Horde that is just itching for the chance to cross the Arctic Circle and pour down on us from Canada.

Add to that your unwillingness to acknowledge that while it is true that we *DO* not have as large a standing army as do the Rooskies or the Chinese that should the shit hit the fan all that would change in a literal heartbeat, insisting instead that Americans today would lack the moral fiber, courage, patriotism, or whatever to rally to the country's need, or even to accept conscription should it again become necessary. For the record, we couldn't hold a candle to the number of men in uniform or quality of the weapons of war in the German or Japanese armies at the start of WWII, either, but history shows how that ended up. Not to mention that if we were ever to fight an all-out war, it wouldn't be decided by 'grunts on the ground'; they would be basically the mop-up squad, clearing up the odd pockets of resistance after the air strikes, long-range Tomahawks, and other smart weapons had already devastated the largest part of the enemy war machine. Remember the "Shock and Awe" campaign of the Iraqi War, or the way the Israelis and their tanks showed the Arabs who was boss during the Seven-Day War?

And then, just to kind of round it off, how about all those posts belaboring the point about your "people of the steppes" superiority nonsense?
-"BB"-

Bullshit, that has been said before and proven wrong.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Which nation would hypersonic weapons benefit the most?

https://time.com/5652052/russia-nuclear ... arms-race/

News of the nuclear explosion at a military base in the far north of Russia trickled out slowly.
First came the bulletins on state media of at least two people killed in a mysterious accident. Then came news of a spike in radiation in the area, and footage reportedly showing doctors in hazmat suits treating the victims. Finally, on Aug. 13 – five days after the blast – the Kremlin appeared to come clean, confirming that five nuclear scientists and at least two others had died while testing one of the newest weapons in President Vladimir Putin’s arsenal.

“Accidents, unfortunately, happen,” Putin’s spokesman told reporters on a conference call that morning.
Indeed, for nuclear experts and negotiators, there was a sense that this particular accident had been waiting to happen. Putin had promised the world a new type of nuclear missile during his state of the nation address last year, a pledge he illustrated with an animation of a rocket landing with a bang in Florida. But the types of weapons he was bragging about—from nuclear-armed cruise missiles to underwater drones packed with radioactive materials — are notoriously difficult and dangerous to build

"Hypersonic Arms Race Heats Up as U.S. Builds High-Speed Missiles"
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The Village Idiot wrote:Which nation would hypersonic weapons benefit the most?
Presumably one that can manage to build them without blowing themselves up.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Or the one that can sit back and watch while the other nation keeps blowing themselves up while trying to build them.

RayThom

We can't win

Post by RayThom »

But, who's is bigger -- Putin's or Trump's?

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

rubato

Post by rubato »

liberty wrote:Which nation would hypersonic weapons benefit the most?

https://time.com/5652052/russia-nuclear ... arms-race/

News of the nuclear explosion at a military base in the far north of Russia trickled out slowly.
F.... '

Which benefits the most from having a much larger navy with submarines which don't sink themselves? Which country has deployed 5th generation fighters rather than just wishing for them?

yrs,
rubato

liberty

Post by liberty »

Nuclear powered rocket engines may not be possible and if possible may not be practical with current technology. But the US cannot afford to take that chance. And if the US does fail China is also working on ultrasonic technology; I would prefer that Russia win rather than the Chinese. The reasons for this should be obvious to any thinking person.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I would prefer that Russia win rather than the Chinese. The reasons for this should be obvious to any thinking person.
I'm not sure why you should think that. Can you elaborate to help my thinking process? Thanks.

liberty

Post by liberty »

later got a service call to run now.

RayThom

We can't win

Post by RayThom »

liberty wrote:later got a service call to run now.
lib's a busy man. He needs to repair the mangle on his neighbor's Gold Seal Water Witch.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

liberty

Post by liberty »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
I would prefer that Russia win rather than the Chinese. The reasons for this should be obvious to any thinking person.
I'm not sure why you should think that. Can you elaborate to help my thinking process? Thanks.
If you must have a master it is best to have as much in common with him as you can. There is much we have in common with the Russians and much we can claim to have in common with them. We share a common history, language, religion and origin with the Russians; they are Europeans for the most part.

We look like the Russians our children and grandchildren could learn Russian and pass for Russians. That way they could join the ruling class and have a better life.

We outnumber the Russians two to one, but the Chinese outnumber us almost five to one. The Chinese could overwhelm us with Chinese settlers so that anyone that does not look Chinese could not get a good job. The Russians would have a harder time doing that.

Ethnic Chinese settlers, is a tactic China uses to dilute the power of their ethnic minorities