That’s a felony?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

That’s a felony?

Post by liberty »

That’s a felony? It appeared to me that the rant was directed at the flag not necessarily at the woman. If I take a notion to shit on Puerto Rican flag would that be a crime?

http://www.ktvu.com/news/crime/man-who- ... hate-crime

"There's a culture of bigotry & hate that's been condoned in US, which now feels unleashed to express itself in the most ugly & aggressive ways," he wrote. "In this case, a US citizen questions the citizenship of another US citizen and American law-enforcement just sits back and watches. I don’t care that she is Puerto Rican or wearing a Puerto Rican flag t-shirt just because I'm Puerto Rican. We all should care because we are decent human beings & need to stand up to bigotry & bullies..."
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: That’s a felony?

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Do you read any links that you post (and do you really not understand them)?

Did you understand the unattributed quote that you posted after the link in which you highlighted the evidence of your inability to comprehend in red?
In the video, Trybus can be seen approaching the woman and pointing at her shirt as he berates her.

"You should not be wearing that in the United States of America," he tells her. He also questions her about whether she was an American citizen.
:shrug :loon :roll:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Section 12-7.1 of the Illinois Criminal Code:
A person commits hate crime when, by reason of the actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or national origin of another individual or group of individuals, regardless of the existence of any other motivating factor or factors, he or she commits assault, battery, aggravated assault, intimidation, stalking, cyberstalking, misdemeanor theft, criminal trespass to residence, misdemeanor criminal damage to property, criminal trespass to vehicle, criminal trespass to real property, mob action, disorderly conduct, transmission of obscene messages, harassment by telephone, or harassment through electronic communications as these crimes are defined...
He was charged with two of the underlying crimes that can trigger a hate crime charge (see, I even bolded them for you, assuming you even bothered to read the article after the headline caught your eye).

Here's an article that explains it for you (which you won't read, because why waste time to learn about something when ignorance can excuse hanging on to your prejudice).

What makes a crime a ‘hate crime’? And would the Chicago attack qualify?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

You forgot to bold intimidation
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:Do you read any links that you post (and do you really not understand them)?

Did you understand the unattributed quote that you posted after the link in which you highlighted the evidence of your inability to comprehend in red?
In the video, Trybus can be seen approaching the woman and pointing at her shirt as he berates her.

"You should not be wearing that in the United States of America," he tells her. He also questions her about whether she was an American citizen.
:shrug :loon :roll:
What in heck are you about? I asked one question and I repeat: Is that a felony? What is so hard to understand about that? If being an asshole is a felony why is greasy ass walking around free.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I asked one question and I repeat: Is that a felony?
It is clear that you neither read nor understand what you write:
It appeared to me that the rant was directed at the flag not necessarily at the woman.
Bold, underline and italic added so you might spot where you purposefully ignored what your link stated and what actually happened.

Yes, it calls for a felony charge. A judge might decide it does not really meet the level of "felony" or the prosecutors may reduce the charge or drop it altogether. But you need serious help in understanding that verbal assault on a woman, questioning her right to be in the USA merely because she is from Puerto Rico (a US territory) is serious matter and not just a good ole boy's joke. You and Trump both.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty wrote:That’s a felony? It appeared to me that the rant was directed at the flag not necessarily at the woman. If I take a notion to shit on Puerto Rican flag would that be a crime?
That would be covered by the first amendment as freedom of excretion.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Joe Guy wrote:
liberty wrote:That’s a felony? It appeared to me that the rant was directed at the flag not necessarily at the woman. If I take a notion to shit on Puerto Rican flag would that be a crime?
That would be covered by the first amendment under freedom of excretion.
Don't discount freedom to dissemble

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:What in heck are you about? I asked one question and I repeat: Is that a felony? What is so hard to understand about that? If being an asshole is a felony why is greasy ass walking around free.
Because he's got a lot of money and figures he can do whatever he wants simply because he's got so much money that he can hire lawyers who will either buy off his accusers (Stormy Daniels got how much?) or throw up enough legal roadblocks that it's too expensive and time-consuming to continue to press the issue.
(You were talking about Trumpy-Wumpy, the orange-skinned king of the Oompa-Loompas, right?)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Either Liberty didn't watch the video or he's a complete moron. (it's really anyones guess) that drunken idiot wasn't being an asshole he was being a racist asshole. (an exceptionally stupid racist asshole) To the Woman. A Puerto Rican Flag can't wear itself which is what the bulk of his comments were about. So yes according to the letter of the law the Charge is justified. Wether a conviction is Justified is up to the courts. Personally I don't really think so as There was a cop on the scene and he didn't do shit (even though she was pleading to the cop for help) until the woman's brother got in the guys face (at which point the cop told the brother to back off). The whole shitshow didn't stop until after other cops arrived on the scene. IMO the Drunk should get the maximum penalty the non felony charges allow. And that cop should be fired.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

wesw

Post by wesw »

of course if someone got in my face and called me a white supremacist Nazi, not fit for human society......

liberty, are you a Nazi sympathizer?

liberty

Post by liberty »

wesw wrote: liberty, are you a Nazi sympathizer?
Wes don’t try so hard to suck up so hard it is not seemly. I know that it is an easy thing for me to say. We all like to have friend, but it is not something essential for me if need be I can be the lone ranger.

And you are wrong I am not a NAZI sympathizer I am a pragmatist. If the NAZI’s rights are not safe neither are my rights and the same is true of the communist. The only time I would consider restricting either group rights would be in time of war.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Oh dear wes you are starting to suck up to us. next thing you know you'll be saying Hillary should have been president.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Well done, lib. You stand up for the rights of Nazis to abuse darker-hued persons! You're just a soul whose intentions are good.

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:Well done, lib. You stand up for the rights of Nazis to abuse darker-hued persons! You're just a soul whose intentions are good.
I know you are an old fart, but I don’t think you are really that stupid. You know that is not what I was saying. I was saying that everyone regardless who they are should be treated the same. You really think you might never be in the minority and find yourself punished for an opinion.

I never said that the guy should not be punished for something like disorderly conduct, but I don’t think he should go to prison for years for the use of words.

I saw this on the news and I didn’t see him touch her and it appeared to me that his words were directed at the flag she was wearing not her ethnicity.

I had the feeling he got Puerto Rican confused with the Cuban flag. They do look somewhat alike. You communist probably think that should be a capital offense.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:If the NAZI’s rights are not safe neither are my rights and the same is true of the communist. The only time I would consider restricting either group rights would be in time of war.
MajGenl.Meade wrote:Well done, lib. You stand up for the rights of Nazis to abuse darker-hued persons! You're just a soul whose intentions are good.
Sorry, Meade. I have to agree with liberty on this one (and you have no idea how much it galls me to write that; but then I reasoned that just as a broken clock is still correct twice a day, liberty had managed to be in the right this one time).

Our country was founded on the principles of freedom, and these principles included freedom of opinion and the freedom to express these opinions. We are not required to agree with or accept these opinions, but once we start restricting the rights of people whose opinions we disagree with to express them, it's only a matter of time before someone else who disagrees with my opinions — or yours, or Crackpot's, or wesw's, or Scooter's — tries to restrict our rights or otherwise silence our voices.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Founded on the principles of freedom? Look into the history of Rhode Island. Look into the way 'treaties" with to groups who lived here before Columbus are honored today. The US Department of Interior is complicit in the fraudulent theft of oil royalties still today. Freedom grows from the barrel of a gun. This guns can be bought.

The event that prompted this thread was, for me, a patent example of felonious ignorance. "Nobody knows Puerto Rico is in America" was a line from a satirical song lyric by Stephen Sondheim from 'West Side Story' way back in 1957. The song was almost vicious back then. It is only sad today.

I read all the verses of the Stare Spangled Banner and wish I could join NFL football players in kneeling.

I had a 6th grade teacher who believed it was her major duty to teach her students the difference between freedom and 'license" Which she defined as using 'rights or 'freedom' in a way that offended the morality and good manners of the good people of the majority. Did this drunk act in a way that breached the local laws on felonious behavior? That is for the court to decide. Just as no one is allowed to shout FIRE in a crowed theater as an act of free speech, I believe this drunkard acted in a way that violates the Supremes standard of provocation with fighting words.
Just as silent actions may be acts of 'speech' I believe the fighting words standard can be crossed without speaking the Seven Words.

snailgate

wesw

Post by wesw »

no lib, YOU are wrong.

I only asked the question, because I was not sure of the answer.

I never accused you of being a Nazi.

I agree with you and BB on the point of free expression.

let the Nazis scream their hate til they are hoarse from hatred.

I like to know who my enemies are.

same with the black power folks, let them speak of the white devils.

I like to know my enemies.

and yeah, I m just the biggest suck up to ever grace this board

(insert eyeroll here)

I m not on your side liberty.

your little tirade about greasy ass crackhead bitch whores, was just gross.

(so this Italian fella went to the bank to get a loan....

he said..., my I a speaka to the loan arranger , please?

the teller said..., the loan arranger is not in sir....

so the Italian says... wella, ok, in thatta case, let me aspeak to Tonto...)

wesw

Post by wesw »

it was founded on the ideals of freedom BP.

our constitution was built to be amended to enable us to form a more perfect union.

it has freed us, one by one, group by group, slowly and inexorably ., since its inception.

and I do agrre that your "fighting words" argument has merit.

do you agree that it also applies to people screaming "Nazi!", in my face, because I voted for trump?

liberty

Post by liberty »

wesw wrote:n

I m not on your side liberty.

I am not on anyone’s side the side I am on the side of idea and principles. The same guy that is right today can be wrong tomorrow. But my ideals and principles never change.

your little tirade about greasy ass crackhead bitch whores, was just gross.

)
I can be whatever the situation calls for I can kill or I can heal, I can hate or I can love. I can be a bastard or the nicest guy you ever knew it all depends on you (who ever you it may be).