I need to keep a supply of these in my car...

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

kristina

Re: I need to keep a supply of these in my car...

Post by kristina »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

May I steal this? I could have used one this morning; I got back to my car after voting and someone had parked diagonally next to me, with about 3" between the cars. Sigh.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I would make one of my own, but in place of the turtle I'd have a picture of a hand with the middle finger aloft. 'Cuz I'm just a bitch that way. :mrgreen:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

kristina wrote:... May I steal this? I could have used one this morning; I got back to my car after voting and someone had parked diagonally next to me, with about 3" between the cars. Sigh.
Here you go, copy this and then enlarge it before printing.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

I've got something like this in my car. For the worst offenders I will fill out a "ticket".

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

That is SO fantastic! I just went to the website and ordered three pads, one for my car and two for my cousins for stocking stuffers this Xmas.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

BoSoxGal wrote:That is SO fantastic! I just went to the website and ordered three pads, one for my car and two for my cousins for stocking stuffers this Xmas.
I printed up a handful of these on yellow stock paper. They almost look official.
Remember, if you issue one of these be sure not to park any where near the offender. It could be a bad move for your vehicle.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

dales

Post by dales »

Remember RayThom:

"A Polite Society Is An Armed Society"

(we have the murder statistics to prove it)

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

RayThom wrote:
BoSoxGal wrote:That is SO fantastic! I just went to the website and ordered three pads, one for my car and two for my cousins for stocking stuffers this Xmas.
I printed up a handful of these on yellow stock paper. They almost look official.
Remember, if you issue one of these be sure not to park any where near the offender. It could be a bad move for your vehicle.
Oh yeah, it’s definitely got to be 1) leave the citation, then 2) leave the area. :lol:
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

dales wrote:Remember RayThom:
Hey, I'm an "always prepared" tough guy... I got me a carry permit. You never know when some punk needs to be taught a 9mm lesson.

“You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? You talkin’ to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin’ … You talkin’ to me? Well, I’m the only one here.”

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

dales wrote:Remember RayThom:
The correct quote (from the SF novel Beyond This Horizon, by Robert A. Heinlein) is “An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”

As I've pointed out elsewhere, Heinlein also wrote (in a different, later, SF novel, Tunnel in the Sky) “One time in a hundred a gun might save your life; the other ninety-nine it will just tempt you into folly.”

(Maybe Heinlein learned something about society in the 14 years between writing those two novels? ...or maybe, as a science fiction author, he was able to imagine the philosophical underpinnings necessary to whatever fictional future and whatever fictional plot his imagination invented.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

dales

Post by dales »

The correct quote (from the SF novel Beyond This Horizon, by Robert A. Heinlein) is “An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Sorry if I did not give the "correct quote".

WGAF?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

dales wrote:WGAF?
I do. You made up your own version of a well-known quote from one of my all-time favorite authors, and got it ass-backwards.

(BTW...If you hadn't put it in quotation marks I probably wouldn't have said anything. :fu )
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

dales

Post by dales »

Did your precious feelings get hurt?

Must be a stranger in a strange land.

:mrgreen:

yrs,
rubato

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

dales wrote:Must be a stranger in a strange land.

:mrgreen:
Or maybe a Starship Trooper...or a Space Cadet? :beam:

:nana
God @The Tweet of God