Is Anyone Surprised?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

Re: Is Anyone Surprised?

Post by Joe Guy »

Yup! He must have bought the flakes that were packaged before the conveyor belt was cleaned... 8-)

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

This hypocrisy make me sick the only good republican is a dead republican to you guys
So I guess that means that I want to commit suicide, and everybody else participating in this thread wants me dead...

The hypocrisy that is making me sick, is the hypocrisy of the Vichy Republicans who are playing dead for the Constitution-hating, rule of law trampling, Putin loving, Republican party destroying faux President...

Here are some other hypocrisies that bother me:

People who claim to be strong supporters of the Constitution who have no criticism for a President seeking to undermine the Constitution at every turn....(including claiming that he can negate parts of it by Executive Order...)

People who are worried about farfetched hypothetical breaches of separation of powers by the Legislative branch of government while they express no condemnation whatsoever for the actual efforts to violate separation of powers by the Executive branch, taking place in real time...

People who condemn violence and hate coming only from one side of the political aisle while they are completely silent about all the hate being spewed and fostered by the hater with the biggest megaphone...(the aforementioned faux President, the Hater-In-Chief)

People who insinuate that a whole race of people are afraid to serve in the military while they support a President who we know for an ironclad fact is a physical coward who five times ducked out of military service...(I wonder how many African Americans were able to avoid military service in Vietnam by claiming "bone spurs"? If some "cultures" are producing cowards, then the "culture" on the Upper East Side of Manhattan must be heading the list... )

People who claim to care about honesty but have not one word of condemnation for the most brazen and prolific liar in American political history...

People who say they want to have a foreign policy that "puts America first" but support a President who only cares about putting the best interests of his bank account first...

Yessir, if I want to get riled-up about hypocrisy, those are a few examples at the top of my list...

I don't view as at all credible anyone claiming to genuinely care about any of those things when they have nothing critical to say about the Number One offender in every single one of those categories...
Last edited by Lord Jim on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Only dead republicans? How about dead Democratic presidents? POTUS 22 and 24 did not just grab 'em by the pussy, he fathered a bastard and still won the popular election for president three times. (remember, at that time only men could vote.) Grover Cleveland managed to get his rape victim institutionalized in an effort to shut her up, literally. See the recent book "Bringing Down the Colonel" by Miller. The book describes Cleveland and Maria Halpin only in passing, as an example of Male domination and power as it was in the late 19th century America.

I take this all as evidence that public morality has generally become better and POTUS 45 is an aberration.(perhaps that is irrational exuberance). For further rejection of living Democratic leadership, I refer you to Maureen Dowd, a certified East Coast liberal elitist feminist, and her opinion piece in the Sunday NY Times

"The Clintons refuse to be discarded. It has been their joint project for half a century to be at the center of the public scene and debate. . . Nothing they have done lately suggests that they have learned anything, , , ,
Their pathological need to be relevant in American is belied by a Canadian arena, where stretches of empty seats bear witness to the passing of their relavance."

This was Ms. Dowd's reflection on a recent public speaking event for the Clintons in Canada where tickets were supposed to go for hundreds of dollars and they could not even partially fill the place by giving them away.

snailgate.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Excellent analysis:
What does it tell you that the feel-good events in Washington these days are funerals?
https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-f ... ton-craves
ImageImageImage

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Lord Jim wrote:Excellent analysis:
What does it tell you that the feel-good events in Washington these days are funerals?
https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-f ... ton-craves
Great piece. GHWB, for his flaws, was a good man at heart. Clinton, GWB and Obama as well. The one thing I never really doubted about any of them is that they were decent people who wanted what was best. I disagreed with their politics often, but never doubted the motives.

I don't doubt 45's motives either. He is motivated only by ego and personal gain.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

RayThom

Is Anyone Surprised?

Post by RayThom »

Winning: Trump Memorized The Whole Apostles' Creed And Recited It Quietly In His Head So As Not To Draw Attention To Himself

https://babylonbee.com/news/winning-tru ... to-himself
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

:lol: :ok
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Apostles' Creed? Is this a new Rocky Movie?

RayThom

Is Anyone Surprised?

Post by RayThom »

And then, on the other hand, via Daily Kos...

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”