Is he lying?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

Is he lying?

Post by liberty »

Is she lying? How do you know she is lying?

Kansas City Chiefs cut player Kareem Hunt after video shows him shoving, kicking woman
By Staff Reuters

as City Chiefs released running back Kareem Hunt on Friday evening, hours after TMZ released a video showing Huntshoving and kicking a woman during an offseason hotel disturbance in Cleveland.
“Earlier this year, we were made aware of an incident involving running back Kareem Hunt,” the team said in a statement. “At that time, the National Football League and law enforcement initiated investigations into the issue. As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately.”

The team’s statement came less than an hour after the NFL announced in a statement that the league placed Hunt on the commissioner’s exempt list.

Multiple outlets reported that the Chiefs sent Hunt home from the facility after learning the video had been released. Additional reports indicate the NFL and Chiefs have been aware of the existence of the video, but it is not known whether the league or team viewed the footage. However, the league released a statement Friday evening which called the video, “new information.”

“The NFL’s investigation, which began immediately following the incident in February, will include a review of the new information that was made public today,” the statement read in part.
ESPN reported the league made “multiple attempts” to obtain the video, but the hotel rebuffed its attempts due to corporate policy and the Cleveland Police Department would not provide the video.
The incident occurred at The Metropolitan at 3:22 a.m. on Feb. 10, 2018, and involved then-19-year-old Abigail Ottinger from Berea, Ohio.

In the video, Hunt appears to come around a corner outside his rented room to confront Ottinger with a hard shove. The woman hits him in the face and Hunt becomes enraged.
Hunt‘s entourage comes to help and attempts to hold him back. At one point, Hunt sends one of his friends and the woman flying into a wall.

Ottinger was on the ground appearing dazed and started to get up. Hunt saw her and delivered a kick to knock her back on the ground.

According to TMZ, law enforcement obtained the video from the hotel. Prosecutors reviewed the footage and decided not to file charges.

Ottinger, who reportedly attends Kent State, told police that the incident started because she refused to have sex with a member of Hunt‘s entourage.
Members of the entourage told police Ottinger called Hunt the N-word and physically hit a female member of the entourage.

Hunt was also involved in an offseason incident in which he was accused of punching a man. No charges were filed in that case either and there was no discipline from the NFL for either incident.
Chiefs owner Clark Hunt defended the running back’s character in August.

“Kareem is a young man, second year in the league, obviously had a very big year on the field last year,” Clark Hunt told reporters. “I’m sure he learned some lessons this offseason and hopefully won’t be in those kind of situations in the future.”
If suspended, Hunt wouldn’t be the first running back to be disciplined without being charged with a crime.

Ezekiel Elliott of the Dallas Cowboys received a six-game suspension for a domestic violence incident in 2016 in which no charges were filed. He appealed the ban and it was upheld and the NFL Players Association took the issue to the legal system and the courts eventually ruled against Elliott.
The NFL policy on domestic violence requires a minimum six-game suspension as the baseline in cases of obvious misconduct. The rule was changed in 2014.
Elliott served the penalty during Weeks 11-16 of the 2017 season.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Crackpot

Re: Is he lying?

Post by Crackpot »

Just found out that my cousin has been charged with
three counts of felonious assault, carrying a concealed weapon, carrying under the influence and impersonating a public officer
Apparently he thought it a good idea to return to a bar he’d been drinking at with a loaded gun while claiming he was an undercover operative for an anti terrorism task force in order to accost some patrons he had some dealings with earlier. After pointing a gun at and threatening multiple bar employees the was disarmed and arrested.

The only info I have is from a local paper. I don’t want to trouble my dad about it. My mom is an unreliable source the reason I went looking in the paper is I heard a much different story from my mom which in truth may or may not be a completely different incident or not (she just got the facts completely wrong). And I really don’t want to ask my cousin until I’m sure he’s back on the wagon. The only option I have is looking up his ex wife who I believe has been remarried.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Crackpot, I only wish this works out with some happiness for you. We don't pick our family.

snailgate

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Truth be told he's not a bad guy just someone who has been put through more shit than anyone deserves. When he was sober it was a testament to the resiliency of the human spirit even despite his flaws I just hope he can regain his sobriety and perspective.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.