Some GOOD Weather News...

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

Re: Some GOOD Weather News...

Post by liberty »

Lord Jim wrote:Looks like somebody's been hittin' wes's hootch... :?
Thinking about making my own. Good for drinking and good for starting fires.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:My money is on a hot dry summer and Al-Qaeda and their weather balloon launched time delayed fire bombs. If they tried hard enough they could burn down entire state that would make for some entertaining news reports.
Japan already tried it back during WWII.  With a marked lack of any real success.
Between November 1944 and April 1945, the Japanese military launched more than 9,000 of the pilotless weapons in an operation codenamed “Fu-Go”.  Most of the balloons fell harmlessly into the Pacific Ocean, but more than 300 of the low-tech white orbs made the 5,000-mile crossing and were spotted fluttering in the skies over the western United States and Canada — from Holy Cross, Alaska, to Nogales, Arizona, and even as far east as Grand Rapids, Michigan.  In March 1945, one balloon even hit a high-tension power line and caused a temporary blackout at the Hanford, Washington, plant that was producing plutonium that would be used in the atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki five months later.  None of the balloons, however, had caused any injuries — until Reverend Archie Mitchell’s church group came across the wreckage of one on Gearhart Mountain (near Bly, Oregon).
https://www.history.com/news/attack-of- ... -years-ago
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

liberty wrote:My money is on a hot dry summer and Al-Qaeda and their weather balloon launched time delayed fire bombs. If they tried hard enough they could burn down entire state that would make for some entertaining news reports. Now that would be entertainment. I need to stock up on popcorn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It might be possible to launch the balloons from off shore and never enter US territorial waters.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
liberty wrote:

Lib apparently thinks that 40 million people dying in a firestorm would be absolutely hilarious...

Don't quit your day job...
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Judges 15

3...Samson said to them, “This time I will be blameless in doing harm to the Philistines.” 4 Then Samson went out and caught three hundred Fox anchors. And he took torches, turned them tail-to-tail, and fastened a torch between each pair of tails. 5 Then he lit the torches and released them into the standing grain of the Philistines, burning up the piles of grain and the standing grain, as well as the vineyards and olive groves.…
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

Lord Jim wrote:
liberty wrote:My money is on a hot dry summer and Al-Qaeda and their weather balloon launched time delayed fire bombs. If they tried hard enough they could burn down entire state that would make for some entertaining news reports. Now that would be entertainment. I need to stock up on popcorn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It might be possible to launch the balloons from off shore and never enter US territorial waters.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
liberty wrote:

Lib apparently thinks that 40 million people dying in a firestorm would be absolutely hilarious...

Don't quit your day job...

Who is talking about killing people I am referring to economic warfare, not death but poverty. You know what I mean, living on the streets, wearing rages and eating out of garbage cans. That is what liberals deserve since that is what they want to do to us with their Green New Deal.

I am sorry that some innocent people would be hurt, but how do you make war without hurting some innocents? And at any rate it is not our decision we carry no blame if your enemy hurts you.
Last edited by liberty on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The Village Idiot wrote:leaving on the streets, wearing rage
Those remedial English classes don't seem to have done you any good, stick with what you know, speak Cracker like yo' mamma raised you.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Now they are living on the streets (good) but wearing rages (not so good).
Last edited by liberty on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Third time lucky, I hope.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Still digging out . . .

Tioga Pass Update
June 17, 2019
Road crews are patching potholes, cleaning ditches and road side debris and forestry is wrapping up immediate hazard tree work that needs to be done. The Avalanche Team performed one final blast on Olmsted to primarily charcoal the upper section.
Yesterday we were able to work each end of Olmsted to narrow this area down to about 100 yards wide and you can now see each vehicle pass through the zone from each end. The west bound lane is still acting as the toe of the snow remaining on the slope so we are not able to remove at this time. The area is finally beginning to melt out but it needs to reduce in volume/depth before we can change to just a no stopping zone. We are hoping that by early next week we will see dramatic difference in snow levels with the water running off the slope.

RayThom

Some GOOD Weather News...

Post by RayThom »

I will assume that the bike rider is the one who is taking this photo.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

RayThom wrote:I will assume that the bike rider is the one who is taking this photo.
It is a bit of a spring, early summer, bicycling thing in the west to ride highways that are closed due to snow; no vehicle traffic, weather pretty good, clean road until you get to end of the road.