This an update on my three pet peeves

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
rubato

Re: This an update on my three pet peeves

Post by rubato »

The Mongols also sacked the Middle East, and no, they were neither European nor Caucasian either.

One could argue that Alexander conquered the ME but he was Greek and not from the steppes and his conquests were very short-lived.

The Mongols also threatened Europe after sweeping aside all of the cultures of the steppes like dried grass.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Last edited by liberty on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total. ... on the original post datestamped Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:27 am
Last edited by liberty on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total. ... on his 'I could have sworn..." post datestamped Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm

You realize, liberty, that the only way you can edit your posts without leaving a trace — like the above-noted examples — is if you do it before someone else responded to it or posts something else after it?
You've been hoisted by your own petard.
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:Last edited by liberty on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total. ... on the original post datestamped Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:27 am
Last edited by liberty on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total. ... on his 'I could have sworn..." post datestamped Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm

You realize, liberty, that the only way you can edit your posts without leaving a trace — like the above-noted examples — is if you do it before someone else responded to it or posts something else after it?
You've been hoisted by your own petard.
I don't understand why I should care if I leave a trace or not?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

We've been down this road of idiocy before, and as I said then, lib's "facts" are basically derived from "a racist, antisemitic pseudo-science charlatan who peddles fantasy 'theories' about Atlantis, 'subterranean breakaway civilizations' inside a hollow Earth, 'Illuminati' conspiracies and space-alien origins of select human populations." And on this topic more specifically:
In fact, the Egyptian civilization had its earliest origins in the Stone Age and arose as a "state" culture on the Upper Nile (Kush/Nubia) nearly 6,000 years ago. From its inception, it traded broadly (and was therefore in constant cross-cultural contact) throughout the region -- on both sides of the Red Sea, up and down the Nile and throughout the Levant and interior Africa. By the time of Tutankhamen, the Egyptian empire itself extended from what are now Ethiopia and South Sudan to Syria and Iran. Over the course of 3500+ years, the pharaohs themselves descended from many different genealogical lineages, no doubt bearing traces of many human sub-populations both within and from outside the empire. Who then are "the Egyptians"? What "color" were/are they? In what way is it significant?
GAH!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

What "color" were/are they? In what way is it significant? In what way is it significant?
It's significant because all important advances in human civilization, (whether it's developing written language, creating structures that can stand for 5,000 years, domesticating cattle, or anything else) must be attributed to white people.

This is essential to validating the myth that "Caucasians" are the intellectually superior "race" and thus must be responsible for all human progress, and "proving" that other "races" (particularly the "negroid race") have contributed little or nothing to the development of civilization.

(Sorry for saying the quiet part out loud for you lib... ;) )
ImageImageImage

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Lord Jim wrote:It's significant because all important advances in human civilization, (whether it's developing written language, creating structures that can stand for 5,000 years, domesticating cattle, or anything else) must be attributed to white people.

This is essential to validating the myth that "Caucasians" are the intellectually superior "race" and thus must be responsible for all human progress, and "proving" that other "races" (particularly the "negroid race") have contributed little or nothing to the development of civilization.
B ... b... b ... but whatabout Wakanda????!!!??

GAH!

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

But what about the Caucasians? from the first paragraph in Wikipedia: " The peoples of the Caucasus are diverse comprising more than 50 ethnic groups throughout the Caucasus region." Give one alot to pick from. I guess those who like to think about races of humans have narrowed it down to just one Perhaps? Sort of like 'semetic' has come to signal only Jews, not even other members of the 12 tribes.

But that region has produced the very best, most beautiful, walnut wood.

snailgate.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Lord Jim wrote:
What "color" were/are they? In what way is it significant? In what way is it significant?
It's significant because all important advances in human civilization, (whether it's developing written language, creating structures that can stand for 5,000 years, domesticating cattle, or anything else) must be attributed to white people.

(Sorry for saying the quiet part out loud for you lib... ;) )
Bull shit Jim and I think you know it. At rate you failed to mention the Mongoloid peoples they are not Caucasian or Caucasoid if you prefer but they made major contributions. In my opinion the most significant was the Mongol invasion and conquest of parts of Eastern Europe and the Middle East. That opened up the Silk Road and made trade practical between Europe and China.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Burning Petard wrote:But what about the Caucasians? from the first paragraph in Wikipedia: " The peoples of the Caucasus are diverse comprising more than 50 ethnic groups throughout the Caucasus region." Give one alot to pick from. I guess those who like to think about races of humans have narrowed it down to just one Perhaps? Sort of like 'semetic' has come to signal only Jews, not even other members of the 12 tribes.

But that region has produced the very best, most beautiful, walnut wood.

snailgate.

Cau•ca•sian
(kô-kā′zhən, -kăzh′ən)
adj.
a. Of or relating to a racial group having light-colored skin; white.
b. Of or being a human racial classification distinguished especially by very light to brown skin and straight to wavy or curly hair, and including peoples indigenous to Europe, northern Africa, western Asia, and parts of South Asia. No longer in scientific use.
2. Of or relating to the Caucasus region or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
3. Of or relating to a group of three language families spoken in the region of the Caucasus mountains, including Chechen, Abkhaz, and the Kartvelian languages.
n.
a. A person having light-colored skin; a white person.
b. A member of the Caucasian racial classification. No longer in scientific use.
2. A native or inhabitant of the Caucasus.
3. The Caucasian language family.

liberty

Post by liberty »

I find it interesting that the liberal’s appreciation for science only applies when it validates what they want to believe. While you stubbornly hold on to what you want the truth be I on the other hand want to know what the truth really is. What has become evident to me is that liberals cannot be relied on to provide the truth; they are too consumed by their own world view to be objective. I know that is a broad-brush, but I believe in general it is correct.

The DNA shows that the Afrocentrics are wrong in the claim that the towns and cities of Egypt look like a modern day scene form Harlem New York. It can still be argued just how mixed the ancient Egyptians were but what can’t be argued by any honest person is that the ancient Egyptians where not a black nation. That is settled fact.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

As you can clearly see in the photo below, King Tut was black. It is scientifically overwhelming evidence of the negroid Egyptian race.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Cau•ca•sian
(kô-kā′zhən, -kăzh′ən)
adj.
b. Of or being a human racial classification distinguished especially by very light to brown skin and straight to wavy or curly hair, and including peoples indigenous to Europe, northern Africa, western Asia, and parts of South Asia. No longer in scientific use.
2. Of or relating to the Caucasus region or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
3. Of or relating to a group of three language families spoken in the region of the Caucasus mountains, including Chechen, Abkhaz, and the Kartvelian languages.
n.
b. A member of the Caucasian racial classification. No longer in scientific use.
Looks to me like you buried the lead there, lib...
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Joe Guy wrote:As you can clearly see in the photo below, King Tut was black. It is scientifically overwhelming evidence of the negroid Egyptian race.

Is this picture objectionable? Is it a burned-cork Asian?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

And of course it was the black Egyptians that invented wrap.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Wasn't that Amenhiphop III?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

Lord Jim wrote:
Cau•ca•sian
(kô-kā′zhən, -kăzh′ən)
adj.
n.
Looks to me like you buried the lead there, lib...
Jim that only means that anthropology is a science in which the amateur is better than the professional. The amateur anthropologist can say what he thinks without fear of losing his job, something the professional can’t do; in order to provide for his family he has too stay politically correct. In science truth is everything. The people who did the DNA study did not comment on their results they published what they found and let others comment. Why do you think that was the case?

Since this is true of anthropology why can’t it be true of "climate change" that is also something people are attacked for disagreeing with the orthodoxy?
Last edited by liberty on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Joe Guy wrote:As you can clearly see in the photo below, King Tut was black. It is scientifically overwhelming evidence of the negroid Egyptian race.

It is black face. Who would have suspected that the guy was a racist.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Jim that only means that anthropology is a science in which the amateur is better than the professional. The amateur anthropologist can say what he thinks without fear of losing his job, something the professional can’t do; in order to provide for his family he has too stay politically correct. In science truth is everything. The people who did the DNA study did not comment on their results they published what they found and let others comment. Why do you think that was the case?

Since this is true of anthropology why can’t it be true of "climate change" that is also something people are attacked for disagreeing with the orthodoxy?
Science deals with facts, and I place far more faith in the facts discovered and theories propounded by the trained scientists based on those fact. Yes, those disagreeing and voicing alternative opinions are held to prove their positions by facts and/or experimental evidence, but do you really think the opposite should be true--that every crackpot amateur or professional should given a platform without this? It's been true throughout the history of the development of science, and one can look at the changes in physics in the late 19th/early 20th centuries to see how those propounding the departure from clasical to relativisic physics were held to the same degree of scrutiny. It's not politics, it's the way science progresses; most of the crackpot theories disppear when viewed in this way.

So I am far more likely to accept the view of the anthropology community on whether caucasoid/caucasian is a valid subgroup or not than I am someone who has read a few articles and claims to be an amateur anthroplogist.
Last edited by Big RR on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

:ok Great post, Big RR! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty wrote:It is black face. Who would have suspected that the guy was a racist.
He was well known for his performance of 'My Mummy'.