Opportunity Knocks

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
MajGenl.Meade

Opportunity Knocks

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I'm actively engaged in pursuing a Ugandan situation but perhaps one of you would like to take advantage of this offer. Sharing soul, ain't I?
My friend referred me to you
Date: Fri, Apr 5, 2019 12:05 pm
I hope my email meets you well. I am in need of your assistance. My name is Daniel Ryan; I am an American soldier stationed here in Aleppo Syria, we have some amount of funds that we want to move out of the country. we need your help to receive this funds on our behalf. Please i hope you are most suitable for this opportunity. You will be rewarded for your help. please contact me by my email: danielryan5874@gmail.com
Thank you,
Daniel Ryan
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Long Run

Re: Opportunity Knocks

Post by Long Run »

Yes, I thought Kelly had the Patton on this sort of thing.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

So, are you gonna help Private Ryan with his savings?

PS I think you mean a Nigerian situation. Ugandan discussions lead elsewhere, according to Private Eye.

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:I'm actively engaged in pursuing a Ugandan situation but perhaps one of you would like to take advantage of this offer. Sharing soul, ain't I?
I hope my email meets you well. I am in need of your assistance. My name is Daniel Ryan; I am an American soldier stationed here in Aleppo Syria, we have some amount of funds that we want to move out of the country. we need your help to receive this funds on our behalf. Please i hope you are most suitable for this opportunity. You will be rewarded for your help. please contact me by my email: danielryan5874@gmail.com
Thank you,
Daniel Ryan
If you are thinking about moving to Uganda you are out of your mind.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Lib: if, based on what he posted, you are thinking that Meade might be thinking of moving to Uganda, you are out of your mind. But then, we knew that already.

RayThom

Opportunity Knocks

Post by RayThom »

MGM, I'm not sure about this but it might be a scam of some sort. I recall seeing something very similar on the Dr. Phil show. Do some research before getting involved, OK? Good luck.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:I'm actively engaged in pursuing a Ugandan situation but perhaps one of you would like to take advantage of this offer. Sharing soul, ain't I?
Sounds like a good opportunity.

Uganda do it?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

First, I'd like to thank young Daniel for his service...

Second, I'd suggest that he invest part of his share in some remedial English classes...

(After he escapes from captivity of course; since if he's "stationed in Aleppo" he must currently be a prisoner of the Assad regime, given that they're the ones who control the city...)
ImageImageImage

liberty

Post by liberty »

Thank you,
Daniel Ryan
As I see it assuming it is not a prank, this guy wants to scam you or make you accomplice in a crime. Either one would be a loser in my opinion. A scam seems much more likely unless you have skills and personal contacts we are unaware of, but don’t listen to me people say I am too suspicious. I have been told by a car salesman I need to be more trusting of people, I think not.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

dales

Post by dales »

D'ya think so? :mrgreen:

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

dales wrote:D'ya think so? :mrgreen:
Liberty might be on to something. It could be someone who doesn’t have Meade’s best interest in mind. It’s hard to believe that someone would be so mean.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Come on Joe; it wouldn't be on the internet if it wasn't true...
ImageImageImage

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Well done ex-k A! I hoped either you or Gob would spot the allusion to PE.

Thank heavens for lib! I was about to surrender all my personal information to Danny-boy, trusting in the US military to thoroughly vet all their personnel so that honesty comes even before loyalty. Just as it does in the dictionary. But now I am warned. . . it could be a scam!

Please friends, don't be like me and get drawn into a scheme that will only end in tears. I could not live with myself if you etc. etc.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts