This bird keeps crapping on my car . .

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Guinevere

Re: This bird keeps crapping on my car . .

Post by Guinevere »

Put the owl on the mirror. Duh.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Or maybe cover the mirror with an old sock. snailgate

RayThom

This bird keeps crapping on my car...

Post by RayThom »

I've never seen a owl on the ground... always in a high perch.

Put Aldi Owl on top of the car roof. Maybe you can double your effort using Aldi's fine, feathered, friend, Freddie Falcon.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Why can’t you park in the garage? (If it’s too full of stuff, maybe it’s time for a yard sale?)
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

rubato

Post by rubato »

My ideas were the best.

Try them.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:Why can’t you park in the garage? (If it’s too full of stuff, maybe it’s time for a yard sale?)
Because then you have to keep opening and closing the garage door, and that will eventually wear out the garage door opener so that someday it won't work.  And of course, Murphy's Law says that *that* will happen at the worst possible time, like when you're already running late for something.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Actually, your ideas aren’t the best. Especially the one about playing a peregrine or other prey bird call - because there are a host of songbirds and other prey nesting right now in the area and such tactics disturb all of them, not just one robin who is making a bit of mess that soap and water can solve.

Human convenience put ahead of the rest of the natural world is what is ruining Creation.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

dales

Post by dales »

About electric garage door openers...……...

If I'm not mistaken.....can't electric garage door openers be operated in the "manual mode"?

If I recall there's a little rope attached to the door ass'y just in case the need arises.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

dales wrote:About electric garage door openers...……...

If I'm not mistaken.....can't electric garage door openers be operated in the "manual mode"?

If I recall there's a little rope attached to the door ass'y just in case the need arises.
I don't have one so I don't know, but I was thinking about something like the motor burning out or the chain or track breaking or jamming or something like that that would prevent the door from opening, even by brute force.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

rubato wrote:My ideas were the best.

Try them.
So you want me to get a phone with a Turdus migratorious ringtone, place it in the car and keep watch. When said little vandal approaches the car, I dial the phone. (What with? My phone's in the car.)

If I'm keeping an eye on the car all morning I might just as well throw a beanbag at him. Probably more effective and won't eat up my minutes.

I can't put the car in the garage because I'm drywalling it. (See post 1 in this thread.) Should be done in a week or two.

dales

Post by dales »

Two Words...

CAR COVER

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

Your wife does not have a phone? You don't have a landline? You can also just play the robin's song on your phone while holding it up to an adj. window. I've done this with songbirds in the yard and I usually get an interesting response.

Who pays for minutes?

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Is there no other place to park?

dales

Post by dales »

Ebenezer : But have they no refuge, no resource? Spirit of Christmas Present : [quoting Scrooge] Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? First Collector : At this festive time of year, Mr. Scrooge, it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the poor and destitute.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
BoSoxGal wrote:Why can’t you park in the garage?
Because then you have to keep opening and closing the garage door, and that will eventually wear out the garage door opener so that someday it won't work. 
But isn't that the idea of having a garage. . . to park the car in it? Do you live outside your house to avoid wear and tear on the doors? :lol:

Anyway, I've yet to see a garage that doesn't have a regular door, either to the outside (if detached garage) or the house (attached garage) - so if the garage opener fails, it's easy to access and pull that little red handle thingie to by-pass the mechanism and go manual. From my experience, failure of the spring/track is a damn nuisance but a relatively easy fix, if somewhat language-improving, and happens with both manual and automatic doors.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Just to bring you up to date. He's stopped crapping on my car. I tried the sock on the mirror thing: didn't work because he sees his reflection in the window and is just as pissed.

Sock plus owl seemed to work for a while but I was never sure whether he had just lost interest - found a mate, or at least developed a fondness for the opposite sex. Now I have finished drywalling the garage so it's not a problem any more.

I put the owl on the back porch to keep the coyotes away. SFSG until I checked today while I was mowing the back. See below. I think he's messing with me now.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

This bird keeps crapping on my car . .

Post by RayThom »

CHECKMATE!
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage