Jarlaxle!

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

Jarlaxle!

Post by BoSoxGal »

Where the heck are ya?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Re: Jarlaxle!

Post by BoSoxGal »

Please check in. Thanks!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Similar thought. Horrifying and sad crash - the photo is like a war zone.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Also it’s been more than 2 months since he posted anything, which isn’t his usual pattern. :? He logs incognito, so we can’t see if he’s been lurking.

And he bought another bike.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Guinevere wrote:Similar thought. Horrifying and sad crash - the photo is like a war zone.
They were apparently Marine veterans. :(

Still worried about Jarl. Anyone heard from him lately?
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I wonder if this would be one of those times when it would be considered ok for Gob to use the email Jarlaxle used to register in order to try contacting him.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Guinevere wrote:Similar thought. Horrifying and sad crash - the photo is like a war zone.
I must have missed something. (That's not unusual.)
What horrifying sad crash and photo are you referring to?
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Here: https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/ ... otorcycles
As you can imagine, it was all over the local news last night.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Good God, that really is horrific... :cry:
ImageImageImage

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

As both a motorcyclist and pilot, it seems that every time a plane comes down or someone is hurt on a bike there are people who think it might be me. So far, so good.

I'm sure there are thousands of motor cycle riders in New England. The odds of one of those who were hurt and killed in THAT accident being Jarlaxle are quite slim. Is he a Marine? There are those who say there is no such thing as a former Marine. Even if he is, the odds are still slim.

It is not uncommon for members of this community to take a short (or long) hiatus from time to time. Ask Guin. I'm not worried. He'll turn up if he wants to.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

It made the NBC national news this evening.
Since the truck and trailer went off the left side of the road, I'd bet he was left of center.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

23 year old driver makes it a lot less likely there was a medical event. I’m assuming he died in the fire although reports are unclear. Hopefully they can access his cell phone records and determine if my suspicions are correct, that it’s another horrific crash caused by cell phone related driver inattention.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

According to this article, the driver of the truck survived.
Authorities identified the pickup driver as Volodoymyr Zhukovskyy, 23, an employee of a Springfield, Massachusetts, company called Westfield Transport.  Zhukovskyy survived the accident, did not need to be hospitalized and has not been charged, authorities said, but they didn't address details on his whereabouts.  A phone listing for him couldn't be found.

Dartanyan Gasanov, the owner of Westfield Transport, told The Boston Globe that he planned to talk to investigators Monday and has been unable to reach Zhukovskyy, who has not been answering phone calls.
But based on the names, though, it's better than even odds that Trump will be tweeting about this and tying it in with his personal jihad against Muslims and illegal immigrants... even though there is not a single shred of evidence as yet to indicate that either of the men are Muslim or immigrants.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Have emailed him, requesting he checks in.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Thanks Gob!
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Zhukovskyy
BB, more likely DWNW thinks he's a friend of Putin - "No collision!"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

The victims of the catastrophic crash have been identified as members and supporters of the Marine Jarheads Motorcycle Club: Michael Ferazzi, 62, of Contoocook, N.H.; Albert Mazza Jr., 59, of Lee, N.H.; Desma Oakes, 42, of Concord, N.H.; Aaron Perry, 45, of Farmington, N.H.; Daniel Pereira, 58, of Riverside, R.I.; and married couple Jo-Ann and Edward Corr, both 58, of Lakeville, Mass.
(I don't know Jarlaxle's real name; anyone who does can look through this and let us know if he was one of the victims or if he is lying low for other reasons)

As a side note, the driver has been taken into custody and is being charged with seven counts of negligent homicide.  Massachusetts motor vehicle records show that the driver was arrested for drunken driving in 2013, and received one year's probation and suspension of his drivers' license for 210 days.  He was also stopped by police in East Windsor, Connecticut on May 11th of this year, although details of that incident have not yet been made public.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Lakeville is the next town over from me!

I don’t recall Jarl ever mentioning being a former Marine, and my sense was he and his lady were a bit younger than that crowd - but I could be mistaken.

I’m still worried about Jarl because when I saw that story initially and thought of him, I checked his posting history and realized he’d quit posting mid April with no explanation - not that one is required, but looking back I don’t recall him doing that before. He’s clearly not lurking because he’d have let us know he was okay - he has his moments but he’s not a dick.

Just hoping he & Liz are ok.

Deeply disturbed by that crash; all those lives lost and all the other lives upended irrevocably.
~ Carl Sagan