Jarlaxle!

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
RayThom

Jarlaxle!

Post by RayThom »

Jarlaxle... Jarheads? It's easy to wonder if there's a connection. And Jarl is an older rider with a much slower reaction time then when he was a younger man. That's probably the reason why so many of these cyclists died.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Re: Jarlaxle!

Post by BoSoxGal »

Initial reports are that the truck driver collided with them as though he was bowling for bikes with that truck & trailer; I’m not sure how motorcycles in a closely formed procession have many options to choose with whatever limited reaction time they were afforded in this scenario.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Jarlaxle is a Forgotten Realms character (D&D)

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Jarlaxle
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Jarlaxle is on an "Iron Butt Adventure". If you click here and scroll down a bit, you'll see that Jarlaxle posted at this website yesterday (June 24 2019). I'm sure it's the same Jarlaxle because I found the reference to the Iron Butt Adventure in one of his posts and he lists himself as residing in "New England".

He posted
Can we have a roll or two of duct tape shipped to the next checkpoint care of ADVrider? :D
You're welcome,

-Sherlock Guy

P.S. Iron Butt 2019

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Good work, thanks.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Thank you, Sherlock Guy - this gives me peace of mind that Jarl is okey dokey. :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:ok :ok

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Glad he is OK. Once I heard Marines, I was pretty sure he wasn't involved. It was still a horrific accident. The Massachusetts RMV Director resigned yesterday, after the reports came out that the driver's CDL should have been suspended, but wasn't.
Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles notified the RMV that Zhukovskyy had been arrested last month, and that his commercial driver’s license should have been immediately revoked.
But at the same time she said the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicle also made procedural errors when inputting information about Zhukowskyy’s arrest into the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators messaging system, where registries share information. “The online communication sent by Connecticut on May 29 did not contain sufficient information to automatically input Zhukovskyy’s OUI (arrest) into his (Massachusetts) driving record and therefore did not automatically trigger the 7-day notification process for his non-commercial license suspension in accordance with Massachusetts law,” she said.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

BoSoxGal wrote:Lakeville is the next town over from me!

I don’t recall Jarl ever mentioning being a former Marine, and my sense was he and his lady were a bit younger than that crowd - but I could be mistaken.

I’m still worried about Jarl because when I saw that story initially and thought of him, I checked his posting history and realized he’d quit posting mid April with no explanation - not that one is required, but looking back I don’t recall him doing that before. He’s clearly not lurking because he’d have let us know he was okay - he has his moments but he’s not a dick.

Just hoping he & Liz are ok.

Deeply disturbed by that crash; all those lives lost and all the other lives upended irrevocably.
I'm not a Marine (my brother is), I'm as good as I ever am.

RayThom

Jarlaxle!

Post by RayThom »

Jarlaxle wrote:... I'm as good as I ever am.
And my guess is that's much better than not.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

What?

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Jarlaxle wrote:What?
... as good as ever.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BOSTON – The truck driver who killed seven motorcyclists when he crossed a double-yellow line on a highway in rural New Hampshire was high on drugs and claims he was reaching for a drink just before the collision, according to a federal inspection report.  The report from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, obtained by USA TODAY via a public records request, offers the most detailed analysis yet of the deadly June 21 crash.  The Boston Globe was the first to report the findings.

Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, a 23-year-old truck driver employed by Westfield Transport Inc., has been charged with seven counts of negligent homicide.

The report says Zhukovskyy, of West Springfield, Massachusetts, tested positive for a narcotic or amphetamine, making him "incapable of safe operation" when he crashed the 2016 Dodge 2500 pickup truck and trailer.  The report did not specify the drug.  The report also says that Zhukovskyy admitted to investigators that he was reaching for a beverage on the passenger side of the truck at the time of the crash.  It did not say what type of drink.  In addition, the federal inspector found 24 safety violations with Zhukovskyy and the vehicle, including inoperable/defective brakes.  Fourteen of the violations resulted from the collision. (duhhh....)

Melissa Davis, Zhukovskyy's public defender, was unavailable for comment.

Zhukovskyy, who has pleaded not guilty to charges, was allowed to leave the scene of the crash despite a disturbing driving history.  He was arrested three days later in Massachusetts.  Pretrial court proceedings in Coos County Superior Court are set to begin in November.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

WTF????????

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Zhukovskyy, who has pleaded not guilty to charges, was allowed to leave the scene of the crash despite a disturbing driving history.
WTF??? He ploughs into multiple bikes and kills seven people and the cops just say - go on, we've got this, nothing to see here?

BoSoxGal

Re: WTF????????

Post by BoSoxGal »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Zhukovskyy, who has pleaded not guilty to charges, was allowed to leave the scene of the crash despite a disturbing driving history.
WTF??? He ploughs into multiple bikes and kills seven people and the cops just say - go on, we've got this, nothing to see here?
Yeah that really shocked me - in my real world experience of DUI with fatality, cops usually err on the side of detaining the responsible operator.
~ Carl Sagan