Demorat Omar comments on US war criminals

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

Post by liberty »

To Demorats some militias are good if they are hostile foreign militias.

https://saraacarter.com/ilhan-omar-slam ... -incident/
Ilhan Omar Slammed U.S. Involved in ‘Black Hawk Down’ Incident
By
John Rossomando
-
April 22, 2019

The United States Army was the villain in the “Black Hawk Down” incident in Somalia, U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., wrote in a 2017 Twitter post.
Omar, a Somali native elected to Congress last fall, was responding to a tweet that falsely described the 1993 Battle of Mogadishu as the worst terrorist attack in Somali history. The original tweet noted that 19 American soldiers were killed and 73 American soldiers were wounded.

“In his selective memory, [the writer] forgets to also mention the thousands of Somalis killed by the American forces that day! #NotTodaySatan,” Omar wrote while still a Minnesota state legislator.

Omar has repeatedly generated controversy, largely for anti-Semitic statements about Israel which employed old canards about Jewish power and money. House leaders forced her to apologize in February after she tweeted “It’s all about the Benjamins baby,” referring to American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) alleged spending and its purported influence on American policy.

“Losses taken on the Somali side came as a result of their attempts to ambush our ground convoy and flight of aircraft. Our forces, being vastly outnumbered, fought to save their own lives. All the Somali militia had to do was walk away, but they persisted,” Durant said.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Big RR

Re: Demorat Omar comments on US war criminals

Post by Big RR »

The specious charge aside, how is the Somali militia a foreign militia in its own country?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:
The specious charge aside, how is the Somali militia a foreign militia in its own country?
It is a foreign militia to us or at least to me. And who can say how many of that militia are now in this country, maybe some from Omar’s own family. Maybe someone should ask her about that. No no one can’t do that that would be racist to question a black politician.

Now tell me about white privilege for liberal politicians.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

sure, they're all here. right.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

liberty wrote:... It is a foreign militia to us or at least to me. And who can say how many of that militia are now in this country, maybe some from Omar’s own family. Maybe someone should ask her about that. No no one can’t do that that would be racist to question a black politician... Now tell me about white privilege for liberal politicians.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Oh dear - now he's going blind.
liberty wrote: tell me about white privilege for liberal politicians
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Come on now, in a world where the Somali militia, even some members from her family, can be in the US to wreak havoc, she can be white, or green for that matter. Reality, what a concept.

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:Oh dear - now he's going blind.
liberty wrote: tell me about white privilege for liberal politicians
Her privilege is that she can’t be questioned by a white liberal politician or any white without being the white being accused of being a racist. It can’t be asked of her why did your family come to this country. That would be racist. I see nothing racist about asking her if any of her family member were in a Somali militia that killed Americans. Explain to me exactly why that would be racist if you have the balls.

liberty

Post by liberty »

I know that Somali are mixed people and have been for hundreds if not thousands of years; the Arabs have been visiting the area before since ancient Roman times.

Afrocentrics would say that is racist. They claim that the Somalis are an aboriginal people of Africa. But they are a mixture of west Eurasian Caucasians mostly the people we call Arabs and aboriginal Africans.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Uh oh Meade--he's elevated it to the testicular challenge; I'd wait until elevated it from the entry level balls--maybe to stones or even--gasp--cojones. Don't take the bait too quickly.

Or you could use the old Tailgunner Joe McCarthy canard (or should I say, mallard :D )--if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then... to apply to racists

And now, yet another anthropological (and sociological) lesson:
Afrocentrics would say that is racist. They claim that the Somalis are an aboriginal people of Africa. But they are a mixture of west Eurasian Caucasians mostly the people we call Arabs and aboriginal Africans.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:Her privilege is that she can’t be questioned by a white liberal politician or any white without being the white being accused of being a racist. It can’t be asked of her why did your family come to this country. That would be racist. I see nothing racist about asking her if any of her family member were in a Somali militia that killed Americans. Explain to me exactly why that would be racist if you have the balls.
(a) I forgive your error. You meant to say "black privilege" - that's her privilege (you allege). White privilege belongs to white people. Being unable to do something is not a "privilege" but a restriction.

(b) I imagine that she is questioned by persons of all shades of skin tone and political persuasion without anyone accusing the questioners of racism. "How are you?" "Where did you get that beautiful scarf?" So your first sentence above is untrue. Or as Miranda's mother calls it, "a lie".

(c) Of course she can be asked why her family came to the USA. I'm sure she's been asked that question many times in her life and if you ask Dr. Google you will find that she's answered the question. Apparently, she has done so without an accusation of racism being uttered. Over to Miranda's mum to describe the idea expressed in your sentences 2 and 3.

(d) Your sentence 4 expresses your own opinion. I think it's an offensive question to ask but not necessarily racist; it all depends upon the intent (and tone of voice perhaps) of the person doing the asking.

(e) As flattering as your interest in my testes may be, I believe that (b) and (d) above have adequate explanatory power.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

A good rule of thumb, if you have to ask yourself whether something you are about to do/say is racist, it probably is.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

rubato

Post by rubato »

know that Somali are mixed people and have been for hundreds if not thousands of years;

Making them like nearly all human populations in all of the world including Europeans who have large admixtures of northern African and smaller amounts of Neanderthals.

You asshole.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Spot on, rube!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

and smaller amounts of Neanderthals

Some of us have more Neanderthal in us than others....
ImageImageImage

rubato

Post by rubato »

Lord Jim wrote:
and smaller amounts of Neanderthals

Some of us have more Neanderthal in us than others....

Immaterial. There is inadequate evidence that more versus less is better or worse.

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

ImageImageImage

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

And he wonders why people don't get his "jokes"
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

rubato

Post by rubato »

A joke which is based on a false (or unfounded) belief isn't funny.
In addition to the percentage of Neanderthal or Denisovan DNA, direct to-consumer testing reports may include information about a few genetic variants inherited from these ancestors that influence specific traits. Studies have suggested that certain genetic variations inherited from archaic humans may play roles in hair texture, height, sensitivity of the sense of smell, immune responses, adaptations to high altitude, and other characteristics in modern humans. These variations may also influence the risk of developing certain diseases. However, the significance of Neanderthal or Denisovan genetic variants on disease risk is still an area of active study, and most direct-to-consumer test results currently do not include them.

While knowing how much DNA a person has in common with his or her Neanderthal or Denisovan ancestors may be interesting, these data do not provide practical information about a person’s current health or chances of developing particular diseases. Having more or less DNA in common with archaic humans says nothing about how “evolved” a person is, nor does it give any indication of strength or intelligence. For now, knowing which specific genetic variants a person inherited from Neanderthal or Denisovan ancestors provides only limited information about a few physical traits.
yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

rubato wrote:A joke which is based on a false (or unfounded) belief isn't funny.
That was my point too - electric chairs! Huh! :roll: