The Skidmark Epidemic

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

The Skidmark Epidemic

Post by Joe Guy »

People aren't changing their underwear every day, and social media's judgy
Gael Fashingbauer Cooper

We'll be brief: Your underwear habits should be your own business. But underwear company Tommy John decided to survey 1,000 men and women to see how long they wear their unmentionables before changing them. And when the results came out on the company's site, some readers recoiled at the dirty laundry being shared.

"Just over half of respondents say they change their underwear on a daily basis," the company reported in a blog post. "Forty-five percent admitted to having worn the same pair of underwear for two or more days, while 13 percent claimed to have worn the same pair for a week or more."

The worst offenders are mostly men. The survey showed men are 2.5 times as likely as women to wear the same underwear for a week or more.

Being an underwear company, of course, Tommy John wants you to buy lots and lots of its product. So in a separate survey of 1,000 Americans, the company asked questions about how long Americans keep their undies.

This is the much more boring part of the survey, because really, do people write the purchase date on their underwear? Who remembers this stuff?

The results show Americans are pretty thrifty: 46% of Americans have owned the same piece of underwear for a year or more, and 38% have no idea how long they've had their underwear. This time, men and women were equal opportunity offenders.

Although the survey is a few weeks old, it started to take off on social media late this week, inspiring some people to come clean about their habits.

"They're nicknamed 'briefs' (for) a reason," one Twitter user wrote. "Because you're not supposed to wear or own underwear long. This also why I will go broke." Wrote another: "I pray that no one I know wears the same underwear multiple days in a row."

Maybe it's just Tommy John customers. Maybe their underwear is so expensive guys can only afford one pair.
— Ocular Nervosa (@ocularnervosa) August 16, 2019

wait what the hell i thought we were all changing every day, WHY DOES THE WORLD KEEP GETTING MORE HORRIFYING
— Dan Kapr (@danhasjokes) August 16, 2019

Then again, some people just let it all hang out. Wondered one Twitter user: "Did that underwear survey include folks who don't wear underwear?"

I wear my wife’s so how would you label that?
— GrandMasterB23 (@grand_b23) August 16, 2019
source

RayThom

The Skidmark Epidemic

Post by RayThom »

"I pray that no one I know wears the same underwear multiple days in a row."
I think this would hinge on how thorough one's daily ablutions are. As for me, I wipe -- and WASH -- after every bowl game. I even travel with my hygiene products. Ergo, I'm comfortable with my changing routine.

I haven't owned a pair of "tighty whities" since grade school. I have a drawer full of boxers that I rotate after each weekly laundry -- newest clean on the bottom. At the moment none newer than, at least, a year old. I buy a new package as needed. Fortunately, my waistline stays at a constant 34" so I don't have to adjust for fluctuating weight gain.

Now this is distressing. Check it out.

Toxic masculinity is preventing some men from wiping their bums properly
https://metro.co.uk/2017/10/29/toxic-ma ... ly-7036601
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Re: The Skidmark Epidemic

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

RayThom wrote:I have a drawer full of boxers that I rotate after each weekly laundry -- newest clean on the bottom.
The issue surely is whether the bottom is clean on the boxers?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts