Reality Check

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
RayThom

Reality Check

Post by RayThom »

He's 70 years old today.

I remember the Main Point.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Reality Check

Post by Bicycle Bill »

"Bruce" was the name given to the mechanical shark in Spielberg's classic "Jaws".
You mean it's already been 70 years since they made that movie?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Not to mention Eric Idle who is 76.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

The Secret Jewish History of Bruce Springsteen — on His 70th Birthday

It wasn’t all that long ago when The New York Times misspelled the Boss’s last name as “Springstein,” reminding those of us old enough to remember that, early in Bruce Springsteen’s career, it was commonly thought — or secretly hoped by some — that this rock ’n’ roll messiah was Jewish. That rumor, given further credence in this year’s film “Blinded by the Light,” was put to rest for good once Springsteen’s 1975 breakthrough album, “Born to Run,” garnered him the cover stories of both Time and Newsweek magazines in the same week. Besides fitting Springsteen for Elvis Presley’s fallen crown, the articles revealed little-known biographical facts including, alas, that Bruce was Italian on his mother’s side and Dutch-Irish on his father’s.
more at: https://forward.com/culture/430774/the- ... ringsteen/