Our Mutual Friend

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

Our Mutual Friend

Post by BoSoxGal »

An automated email from Legacy.com reminded me that today is 4 years since we lost Andrew G. Dulaney’s voice permanently from this forum and the world.

I really wish we’d had his thoughtful contributions during these terrible Trump years.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Our Mutual Friend

Post by RayThom »

BoSoxGal wrote:An automated email from Legacy.com reminded me that today is 4 years since we lost Andrew G. Dulaney’s voice permanently from this forum and the world...
I just read his obit. He seemed like he was a true believer in iconoclasm -- my type of guy.

He apparently was a sun worshiper, do you know if he died from malignant melanoma? Wouldn't that be something -- killed by what you enjoyed most.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Sue U

Re: Our Mutual Friend

Post by Sue U »

Has it been so long already? The world is a poorer place for the loss of AGD. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to "know" him, just a little bit, through the interwebs; I consider him one of my most influential teachers and I do miss his insights.
GAH!

dales

Post by dales »

Enjoyed a all too brief FtF with he and others at this home in Antioch, CA.

A class act.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Thanks for the nice reminder of one of the smartest people to contribute here. We were fortunate he joined us here.