If you want something else to be concerned about

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Darren

Post by Darren »

other than the climate warming scam or the Democrat's impeachment fandango consider the potential failure of Deutsche Bank and the implications. I'm not sure if the guy's a survivalist or something else. I'm considering the message only. For those of you hoping a recession arrives in 2020, this might be good news. Have a Baby Ruth on me.

"Deutsche Bank is the largest domino in Europe’s very shaky financial system. When it fully collapses, it will set off a chain reaction that nobody is going to be able to stop. David Wilkerson once warned that the financial collapse of Europe would begin in Germany, and Jim Rogers has warned that the implosion of Deutsche Bank would cause the entire EU to “disintegrate”…"

http://themostimportantnews.com/archive ... sting-turn
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Darren wrote:other than the climate warming scam or the Democrat's impeachment fandango consider the potential failure of Deutsche Bank and the implications. I'm not sure if the guy's a survivalist or something else. I'm considering the message only. For those of you hoping a recession arrives in 2020, this might be good news. Have a Baby Ruth on me.

"Deutsche Bank is the largest domino in Europe’s very shaky financial system. When it fully collapses, it will set off a chain reaction that nobody is going to be able to stop. David Wilkerson once warned that the financial collapse of Europe would begin in Germany, and Jim Rogers has warned that the implosion of Deutsche Bank would cause the entire EU to “disintegrate”…"
Isn't Deutsche Bank one of the many banks that Trump ran some scamming art of the deal on? They deserve all the problems they get for jumping into bed with the Big Grifter.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Lord Jim

Re: If you want something else to be concerned about

Post by Lord Jim »

Actually this could be good news for Il Boobce...

If Deutsche Bank goes belly up, maybe he can get off the hook for all the loans he has with them that were cosigned by Russian oligarchs...
ImageImageImage

Darren

Post by Darren »

Stranger things have happened. Pennies on the dollar comes to mind. Russian oligarchs ... not so much.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Pennies on the dollar comes to mind. Russian oligarchs ... not so much.
Yeah, you're probably right...

The Russian oligarchs, unlike the bank, aren't likely to accept pennies on the dollar...

But in the way Trump has been dismantling US international influence and otherwise serving the interests of The Russian-Oligrach-In-Chief, Trump's boss Vlad, Trump is delivering them really good value for money, so I'm sure they're happy with their investment...
ImageImageImage

Darren

Post by Darren »

Lord Jim wrote:

The Russian oligarchs, unlike the bank, aren't likely to accept pennies on the dollar...

But in the way Trump has been dismantling US international influence and otherwise serving the interests of The Russian-Oligrach-In-Chief, Trump's boss Vlad, Trump is delivering them really good value for money, so I'm sure they're happy with their investment...
I know Putin was thrilled when Trump refused to accept the Russian invasion of the Crimea.

Same when Trump badgered Merkel into agreeing to build an LNG import facility to compete with Russian gas. What's a half a billion bucks to import American natural gas?

For a country that relies on oil and gas exports for about 50% of its income that was a kick in the nuts for Russia. Add in our newly attained energy independence and Putin should be delirious.

BTW, this is old news. It reminds me of that scene out of The Long Kiss Goodnight featuring Samuel Jackson. Substitute Putin getting caught in bed with Merkel instead of the John with Jackson's boss.

"Last year, following intense lobbying by Mr. Trump, the German government agreed to provide an estimated €500 million ($558.2 million) in funding to build one or more LNG terminals on Germany’s coast.

"The terminals, the first of their kind in Germany, would receive and process shipments of U.S. liquefied natural gas."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/stung-by-t ... 1556623921

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Darren wrote: I know Putin was thrilled when Trump refused to accept the Russian invasion of the Crimea.
Is that like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Darren wrote:
Lord Jim wrote:

I know Putin was thrilled when Trump refused to accept the Russian invasion of the Crimea.

Same when Trump badgered Merkel into agreeing to build an LNG import facility to compete with Russian gas. What's a half a billion bucks to import American natural gas?

For a country that relies on oil and gas exports for about 50% of its income that was a kick in the nuts for Russia. Add in our newly attained energy independence and Putin should be delirious.

BTW, this is old news. It reminds me of that scene out of The Long Kiss Goodnight featuring Samuel Jackson. Substitute Putin getting caught in bed with Merkel instead of the John with Jackson's boss.

"Last year, following intense lobbying by Mr. Trump, the German government agreed to provide an estimated €500 million ($558.2 million) in funding to build one or more LNG terminals on Germany’s coast.

"The terminals, the first of their kind in Germany, would receive and process shipments of U.S. liquefied natural gas."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/stung-by-t ... 1556623921

Darren, if you are going to write things that might be seen as positive about Trump you better ask yourself this question: Am I emotionally tough? Standing up to liberals is good exercise, but it is not for the sensitive.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty, can you give the names of people here who you believe are liberals?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:liberty, can you give the names of people here who you believe are liberals?
Will spelling count?

Darren

Post by Darren »

[quote="liberty"
Darren, if you are going to write things that might be seen as positive about Trump you better ask yourself this question: Am I emotionally tough? Standing up to liberals is good exercise, but it is not for the sensitive.[/quote]

I've always been a fan of cheap thrills. Feel free to point out any errors on my part.

Chances are I've already moved on. TV isn't my forte. If you want to contribute the latest opinion from one of the alphabet TV opinion readers, do it.

Be forewarned the media's continuous cacophony about Trump since 2015 is of no interest. If it makes you feel good or superior and you feel you added a feather to your cap, why not. If high fives from the team are important to you, go for it.

I've been around periodically since the mass move out of Cartalk and the demise of the Chat House. I like to check back in on the cusp of momentous events. One's occurring now with the winnowing of the Democrat candidate field for president. Stay tuned.

Gob

Post by Gob »

You know your bank is in trouble when...
Times change. Once upon a time (2001, in fact), Deutsche Bank was able to book stars like Robbie Williams for its staff Christmas party, with a Spice Girl turning up too just because it was such a great party. Now, according to the FT, Christian Sewing has even cancelled the daytime coffee-and-cake Christmas reception for retired employees.

Today’s young bankers, of course, might consider a room full of people with defined benefit pensions to be a greater display of extravagance and opulence than any pop star private concert. And in the case of some members of Deutsche’s past pension schemes, they might be right. But it’s hard to imagine that the cost of a Christmas party for the oldsters is going to make a measurable difference to the rounding errors on Mr Sewing’s cost reduction targets; when top management teams do things like this, it’s because they want to send out a message.

https://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-e ... tsche-bank
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Darren

Post by Darren »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Darren wrote: I know Putin was thrilled when Trump refused to accept the Russian invasion of the Crimea.
Is that like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Maybe in an alternate reality Trump would be considered a Rodney Dangerfield. I'm thrilled he's not a Gerry "Oops" Ford. A better comparison might be the Energizer Bunny. That's not quite right either even though his energy is surprising.

The scope of his activities go far beyond beating the drum for America.

I'm out for awhile.

I need to go piss on Walter Cronkite's grave. I'm still waiting for Jane to die so I can water the grass over her. I may have to leave a sample for my executor to carry out my last wish. I'm not sure I'll be around to wait in line.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The scope of his activities go far beyond beating America like a drum
FTFY
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Darren

Post by Darren »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
The scope of his activities go far beyond beating America like a drum
FTFY
That's a good one! You get a gold star!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

If you want to contribute the latest opinion from one of the alphabet TV opinion readers, do it.
LOL

That's pretty rich coming from a guy whose posts frequently read like he's channeling Kellyanne Conway, or copying and pasting from White House spin statements... :lol:
ImageImageImage

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Darren wrote:
I know Putin was thrilled when Trump refused to accept the Russian invasion of the Crimea. ...etc, etc, etc,...spin, spin, spin...
The first claim you made, there, regarding Crimea is of course cherry-picked and grossly misleading...

The fact is that Trump has been (as he is on so many subjects) all over the map on Crimea; first saying he would "consider" recognizing the annexation, then later bach tracking, then spouting the Kremlin line that the people of Crimea "want to be a part of Russia" and back and forth, on and on and on...

As for the gas deal, small price to pay (and of course we have no idea how much Russian oligarch shell company money may get invested in the project; making it a money maker for the Russkies...) when compared to this:
Putin’s Payout: 12 Ways Trump has Supported Putin’s Foreign Policy Agenda

The general details of the Russian government’s support for US President Donald Trump in the 2016 election are clear. Russia conducted a massive disinformation campaign targeting American voters; hacked Trump’s opponents’ email and strategically released the information; and used American fronts to funnel money into the American political system to support Trump’s campaign and influence Republican policies.

Considering Russia’s geopolitical position in 2016, this was an incredibly risky campaign to launch. By 2016, the global community had diplomatically sidelined Putin for his actions in Crimea and Donbass; Russia’s economy had stalled amid declining oil prices; and Putin himself faced pressure from his inner circle, themselves facing pressure from US sanctions. Russia and Putin were both vulnerable to an escalation of outside pressure. Given this position, provoking potential retaliatory measures from America and the international community could have put Putin in an increasingly perilous position. His risk-taking succeeded beyond any expectation.

Since the beginning of Trump’s administration, the White House has demonstrated a clear and consistent pattern of behavior toward Russia by not only calling for better relations with the Kremlin but also actively advancing Russia’s foreign policy objectives. This does not mean the Kremlin explicitly directed or coordinated with the Trump administration on the decisions and actions below. Instead, it shows that Putin’s gamble that a Trump administration would benefit Russia has paid off. The Kremlin has greatly benefited from the election of Donald Trump, a president whose foreign policy decisions and outlook have turned American foreign policy on its head to the great advantage of Putin’s Russia.

There is no clear geopolitical or policy rationale for Trump’s behavior, which often comes at the cost of longstanding American foreign policy interests. As political scientist Ian Bremmer assessed, “No serious foreign policy analyst I know (nor any ex-Trump- Admin official) has a good explanation for why Trump is so singularly enamored with Russian President Vladimir Putin.”

Nor is there a political rationale. Amid Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe and near constant revelations about the Trump campaign’s collusion with Russia, it would almost certainly benefit Trump to distance himself from Putin and dispel rumors that he is beholden to his Russian counterpart. Instead, at every opportunity, Trump has embraced Putin and adopted positions that align perfectly with Russia’s foreign policy goals, often favoring the Kremlin over his own country.

In other words, Putin’s return on investment from Trump’s presidency has been significant.

Here are twelve ways that Putin has received his payout:

1.Putin’s Goal: Weaken and divide the transatlantic alliance.

Putin’s Payout:Trump undermines US relationships with European allies and calls the US’s commitment to NATO into question.

2. Putin’s Goal: Degrade the European Union and foster pro-Russian political movements.

Putin’s Payout:Trump attacks the EU and actively supports anti-EU, Kremlin-backed parties.

3.Putin’s Goal: Disrupt American leadership and dominance of the global economic order.

Putin’s Payout: Trump is eagerly pushing for an all-out trade war with Europe

4.Putin’s Goal: Build global resentment and distrust towards the US and stoke anti-American sentiment.

Putin’s Payout: America’s closest allies are explicitly suspicious and distrusting of the US because of Trump’s rhetoric and actions.

5.Putin’s Goal: Relieve economic and domestic political pressure from US sanctions on Russia.

Putin’s Payout: Trump tries to roll back, impede, and blunt the impact of sanctions at every step.

6.Putin’s Goal: Legitimize his regime in the eyes of the world.

Putin’s Payout: Trump repeatedly praises and defends Putin, lending the credibility of the US presidency to Putin’s standing.

7.Putin’s Goal: Revive Russia’s status as a great power and gain international recognition for its illegal seizure of Crimea.

Putin’s Payout:Trump publicly says that Crimea is part of Russia and calls for Russia to be welcomed back into the international community with no concessions.

8.Putin’s Goal: Continue to sow discord in Western democracies and avoid repercussions for interfering in American and European elections.

Putin’s Payout: Trump dismisses Russian interference and has done nothing to prevent future interference, putting him at odds with his own intelligence community.

9.Putin’s Goal: Soften America’s adversarial stance toward Russia.

Putin’s Payout: Trump is shifting the Republican Party’s generations-long hawkish views on Russia.

10.Putin’s Goal: Destabilize the US from within.

Putin’s Payout: Trump attacks US institutions while driving divisive politics and eroding democratic norms.

11.Putin’s goal: Advance the Kremlin’s narrative to shape global perceptions.

Putin’s payout: Trump has repeatedly, and inexplicably, parroted Kremlin talking points across a range of global issues.

12.Putin’s goal: Undermine international norms and democratic values abroad.

Putin’s payout: Trump has repeatedly failed to respond to human rights violations or support democracy abroad, creating a more permissive environment for autocrats to crack down.

The pattern is clear: Putin has received—and continues to receive—a good payout on his investment in Trump’s campaign
That is of course nowhere near a comprehensive list...

And since it's a year old, it's left out Trump's ceding of Syria to Russia, his efforts to get Ukraine blamed for the email hacking and election interference conducted by the Putin regime, (the exact disinformation line touted by the Kremlin) and his strange obsession with trying to get Russia re-admitted to the "Group Of" organization...

(It's pretty obvious just what part of "Leading Industrial Democracies" Trump doesn't understand. )

Darren, just because you may be a more articulate writer than some of our other Trumpsters around here, doesn't make you any less factually wrong... ;)
ImageImageImage