The good father...

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

The good father...

Post by Gob »

US rapper, actor and TV host TI has prompted revulsion after he revealed he accompanies his 18-year-old daughter Deyjah Harris to a gynaecological exam each year, for her hymen (and therefore virginity) to be checked – a practice condemned as “humiliating and traumatic” by the World Health Organisation.

The rapper is a major celebrity in the US, where he has had seven Top Five albums, three of them reaching No 1. He has had roles in films including American Gangster, Entourage and the Marvel movie Ant-Man and its sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp. He is currently appearing alongside Cardi B and Chance the Rapper in Rhythm + Flow, a talent competition on Netflix.

Asked on the Ladies Like Us podcast about sex education for his children, he said: “Not only have we had the conversation, we have yearly trips to the gynaecologist to check her hymen. Yes, I go with her … I will say, as of her 18th birthday, her hymen is still intact.”

He acknowledged a woman’s hymen can be broken outside of sexual activity, but countered by saying: “So then they come and say, ‘Well, I just want you to know that there are other ways besides sex that the hymen can be broken like bike riding, athletics, horseback riding and just other forms of athletic physical activity’. So I say, ‘Look, Doc, she don’t ride no horses, she don’t ride no bike, she don’t play no sports. Just check the hymen, please, and give me back my results expeditiously.’” The comments have since been edited out of the podcast.

In 2018, virginity tests like these were condemned by three United Nations agencies: the World Health Organisation (WHO), UN Human Rights and UN Women. A statement read: “This medically unnecessary, and often times painful, humiliating and traumatic practice must end … WHO states that there is no evidence that either method can prove whether a woman or girl has had vaginal intercourse or not.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/ ... ck-outrage
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Re: The good father...

Post by TPFKA@W »

I was about to post on this after seeing the story on twitter. There really are no words.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

He is a pig. No debate.

But...what sort of a doctor consents to this unwarranted invasive procedure, and is willing to violate patient confidentiality, by participating in this "hymen intactness reporting"? Doctor should be brought up on charges at the state medical board.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I was thinking the same thing; one thing I would think is that he has written patient consent to report this information to her father, especially now that she is no longer a minor, but I would hope there aren't many gynecologists who would go along with this (although, this might be one who wouldn't check and just tell him it is still intact--we can only hope).

And FWIW, I think that sort of interest on a daughter's sexual activity is pretty sick--perhaps he is saving her deflowering for himself?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Is this equally gross?
A lot of fathers hope their daughters will be virgins until they walk them down the aisle. But some are going a step further—taking pledges to support the girls' commitment to chastity. And formalizing those pledges at what are called purity balls.

Three days before her 15th birthday, Elise Forte is at a formal ball. She's radiant in a spaghetti-strapped white tulle gown. Brilliants scattered in her updo catch the soft light of Colorado Springs' five-star Broadmoor hotel. In between dinner and dancing, Elise sits demurely across from the tuxedoed man who brought her here—her father, Jerry Forte. Elise's mother, Denise Forte, accompanied them and kneels by Elise's side. She hands her daughter a box.

Elise opens it to discover a piece of jewelry she knows well—her mother's confirmation ring. To explain why she's chosen to pass the heirloom along, Mrs. Forte reads Elise a letter.

"Dear Elise. This is the day of the Purity Ball... We are so excited... This ring is made of gold..., a precious metal, and shaped into a heart, and it signifies how precious your heart is to God, to us, and to your future husband, who God is preparing you for... The diamond chip is a sign of purity, a reminder that you are committing to purity in heart, soul, mind, and body until marriage... You will be able to give your husband the gift of purity, rare and precious."

Mr. Forte slips the band onto his daughter's ring finger. With a tender smile, he hands her another box. In it Elise finds a man's ring. Her creamy brow furrows in confusion. Mr. Forte explains that just as Elise now wears a ring representing her promise to be pure until marriage, he will wear one, too, as a sign of his dedication to the same goal. "It is in the form of a shield," Mr. Forte reads, "symbolizing my commitment to protect and shield you from the enemy. Inside the shield is a heart, which is your heart, which I am covering. Across the heart are a key and a sword—the key is the key to your heart, which I will safeguard until your wedding day, and the sword is the protection I pledge to you... On your wedding day, I will give this ring to your husband. I love you, my jewel, my princess. Daddy."

Elise slips the ring onto her father's right-hand ring finger, then falls into his arms, crying. A few minutes later, the family returns to the festivities at the seventh annual Colorado Springs Father-Daughter Purity Ball. During the evening, the girls present white roses before a cross under swords held aloft by two fathers, the attendees watch a "celebrate fathers" ballet choreographed to Natalie Grant's "Always Be Your Baby," and all the fathers sign a covenant that reads:

I, (daughter's name)'s father, choose before God to cover my daughter as her authority and protection in the area of purity. I will be pure in my own life as a man, husband, and father. I will be a man of integrity and accountability as I lead, guide, and pray over my daughter and my family as the high priest in my home. This covering will be used by God to influence generations to come.

The first purity ball took place in 1998 at a nearby Marriott. Randy and Lisa Wilson, a Colorado Springs couple with seven children, hosted about 100 daughters and their parents, primarily from Evangelical Christian churches in the area. In 2006 the National Abstinence Clearinghouse, the ten-year-old nerve center of the U.S. virginity-until-marriage movement, sold 750 packets that outlined how to host a purity ball, and events were held in 48 states: Nearly 200 people attended the one in Tucson, about 150 people gathered in Spearfish, South Dakota, and around 600 fathers and daughters celebrated at a ball in Peoria, Illinois.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Or he is making shit up to try and make himself relevant. His daughter must be so embarrassed.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That is entirely possible @W; he does seems like a pretty big jerk and I wouldn't put it beyond him.

liberty

Post by liberty »

What kind of kind of racism is this? I thought you liberals believed in inclusiveness, I must have been wrong. Maybe you are inclusive only when cultures act in ways you approve of. What gives you the right to condemn someone else’s culture? I am not Moslem and it is not my thing, but I have no right to judge another culture unless it effects me.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

RayThom

The good father...

Post by RayThom »

This dark ages practice creeps me out.

Can incest be best? That's the vibe I get from this vid.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

liberty wrote:What kind of kind of racism is this? I thought you liberals believed in inclusiveness, I must have been wrong. Maybe you are inclusive only when cultures act in ways you approve of. What gives you the right to condemn someone else’s culture? I am not Moslem and it is not my thing, but I have no right to judge another culture unless it effects me.
I really feel for Witchy, having a pervy-assed father like you.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

He's moslem Lib? How do you know (is there a longer article that says this)? And are you really aware that there is a moslem practice to go to a physician for this sort of thing? if there is, then I have never heard of it. Has anyone else?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:He's moslem Lib? How do you know (is there a longer article that says this)? And are you really aware that there is a moslem practice to go to a physician for this sort of thing? if there is, then I have never heard of it. Has anyone else?
I have heard of the practice but it is usually done during marriage negotiations on request of husband’s to be family and performed by old women in the village.

I have no special knowledge about this guy; I am assuming he is Moslem. However, I do know that chastity ls big thing in Moslem cultures. Some cultures go to the extreme of castration of their young girls to ensure it.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Unfuckingbelievable:
He then recalled a specific visit that took place after his daughter's 16th birthday.

"Right after the birthday, we celebrate...usually the day after the party. She's enjoying her gifts. I put a sticky note on the door: 'Gyno, tomorrow, 9:30,'" T.I. continued. "We'll go and sit down, and the doctor will come and talk, and you know, the doctors maintain a high level of professionalism. He's like, 'Well, you know, sir: In order for me to share information...' I say, 'Deyjah they want you to sign this...so we can share information. Is there anything that you would not want me to know?'"

He then said he asked the doctor to "just check the hymen please and give me back my results, expeditiously."
Oh yeah, that sounds like consent that was obtained absolutely freely and without any coercion whatsoever. :loon :loon :loon

Any doctor performing this exam or sharing results with her father under these circumstances should lose their license.

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

According to his Wiki biography this man has 6 kids with three different women, one of whom he was married to.

I'm not going to judge him on that (Mick Jagger has 8 I think by 5 different women) and presumably he has the resources to support them. But creepily insisting on his daughter's 'virginity test' is the height (or depth) of hypocrisy.

And yes - as Scooter says - can a legitimate doctor really do this? Publish this 'doctor's' name soe that his atients have the choice to eave him as their provider.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:Is this equally gross?
What's gross about it?  Or do you think that once a girl becomes 16, she should — if she wants to — spread her legs and become an open house?  I caution you to think before you answer that .... because what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and if you say "yes" then you are also tacitly saying that every male who can get a hard-on should be permitted to try to score as many home runs as possible too, and turning your back on the whole #METOO movement and all the moral outrage against people like Cosby, Epstein, Keillor, and all the others.... including our honorable President, Donald "Grab 'Em By The Pussy" Trump.

You can't have it both ways.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

First, you are conflating a girl engaging in consensual sex with a boy who would be forcing his attentions without consent. Unless you are envisioning a girl who ties boys down to a chair or bed and mounts them against their will.

Interesting that it appears that this ritual is exclusive to girls; do they believe that boys are capable of remaining "pure" without their parents' help and guidance, or do they simply not care if their sons are fucking someone else's daughter? So remind me again about who is guilty of a double standard?

Second, most teenagers are not ready to deal with either the practical or emotional consequences of having sex, and there are a lot of good reasons for encouraging them to wait. So that girls can remain "pure" until they are transferred like chattel to their husband in marriage, is not one of them.

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

that every male who can get a hard-on should be permitted to try to score as many home runs as possible too,
Hoooboy! This is CLASSIC INCEL territory. A lot of shit posted on here now makes complete sense.

RayThom

The gory father...

Post by RayThom »

Can you image a "purity ball" for mothers and their sons? Or how about a trip to the doctor together to see if her boy's penis has any abrasions or friction marks indicating vaginal wall penetration?

I went with honest and open father/child dialogue ever since my daughter was old enough to talk with me in a cogent and coherent manner -- probably by the age of four. Before she became sexually active in high school I told her I wouldn't condemn her so she knew she could ask me ANYTHING.

Her biggest take away? Whenever I told her to "be safe" -- as I did every time we parted ways -- she knew exactly what I meant, and knew the consequences of not following that most important of all caveats.

Communication, and not chauvinistic rituals and rites and/or condemnation, is key. Unfortunately, too many parents are oblivious to this concept, and therein lies the real problem.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

And Sir Lancelot said, "Aaaahgle wah nowahwah"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
BoSoxGal wrote:Is this equally gross?
What's gross about it?  Or do you think that once a girl becomes 16, she should — if she wants to — spread her legs and become an open house?  I caution you to think before you answer that .... because what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and if you say "yes" then you are also tacitly saying that every male who can get a hard-on should be permitted to try to score as many home runs as possible too, and turning your back on the whole #METOO movement and all the moral outrage against people like Cosby, Epstein, Keillor, and all the others.... including our honorable President, Donald "Grab 'Em By The Pussy" Trump.

You can't have it both ways.
-"BB"-
This seems to indicate that you equate sexual assault and predation with sexual activity in general.

That certainly does reveal a lot about what’s under that bicycle seat.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan