Got Meth?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

Got Meth?

Post by Joe Guy »

South Dakota’s governor defends ‘Meth. I’m on it’ campaign

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — South Dakota’s new anti-meth campaign featuring people of different ages and races saying “Meth. I'm on it” is prompting online guffaws.

Gov. Kristi Noem on Monday launched the nearly half-million-dollar campaign to increase awareness of South Dakota’s methamphetamine epidemic. The campaign includes a new TV ad, billboards, posters and a website.

The campaign’s motto — “Meth. We’re on it” — is superimposed over the state outline.

One Twitter user posted: “Surprising anti-meth campaign in South Dakota. With the theme ‘Meth. I'm on it,’ what could go wrong?”

Noem says South Dakota’s meth problem is “growing at an alarming rate.”

The Argus Leader reports a Minneapolis marketing agency created the campaign. South Dakota’s Department of Social Services paid the agency nearly $449,000 this fall, according to the state’s finances website.
source

ex-khobar Andy

Re: Got Meth?

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Thath pothibly a meth take.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Here’s one way of looking at it - it’s getting people’s attention for better or worse, which is the primary objective of advertising.

Beyond that, having lived in Montana while it dealt with a huge meth epidemic, the truth is that when a state has a meth epidemic, everyone in the state IS on meth. Montana suffered a fantastically costly surge in child removals and criminal cases due to the meth epidemic and that costs everyone, not just the immediate families of the addicts. It costs and stresses the systems hugely - from schools to prisons and everything in between.

So yeah, the whole state of South Dakota is on meth. Ha ha. Not so much.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Got Meth?

Post by RayThom »

When I wore a younger man's clothes I remember a guy who dabbled in in the partaking of meth who used to be called "tabletop teeth" due to the constant grinding.

Dental crowns corrected much of the damage years later, I understand.

Those were the days my friend. Wouldn't trade the experiences, wouldn't go back.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Methane can also cause problems:

Loud fart gives away suspect's hiding spot, leads to arrest
Story from this summer: https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loud-f ... -to-arrest

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

That's why they have a sniffer dog.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:That's why they have a sniffer dog.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAH!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

BoSoxGal wrote:when a state has a meth epidemic, everyone in the state IS on meth
Precisely. One of the objectives of a campaign such as this is to drill home the message that it isn't just "those" people, whoever "they" are. It could be, and very likely is, someone you know, someone who looks just like you. The corollory of that being the other meaning of "I'm on it" i.e. "it's the responsibility of all of us to deal with it".

And, as BSG said, it certainly got people talking, which is half the battle.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

RayThom

Got Meth?

Post by RayThom »

Gov. Kristi Noem is a Republican. Maybe she's one of the good ones?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”