Welcome to 2020

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
wesw

Re: Welcome to 2020

Post by wesw »

oyster fritters are popular in these parts as are raw oysters

i like the batter on the fritters but the actual oysters are greenish grayish and better off nibbled around and then discarded

depends on how hungry you are , i guess....

i have pulled a few mussels from the marsh and they are tasty, but scrubbing the beards off is a pain in the butt

fresh clam strips, battered and LIGHTLY fried are delicious, cok them too long and they are like chewing leather, still tasty tho

the local macdonald s has a delicious filet o fish .

RayThom

Welcome to 2020

Post by RayThom »

wesw wrote:... the local macdonald s has a delicious filet o fish.
And it's almost 90% fish byproduct.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Actually Ray, I recall once reading that it is mostly fish (pollock as I recall, and there are some problems with the sustainability of this fish, which is caught and immediately processed on factory ships), but it is the deep frying in the MDonald's oil (which is worse than a lot of oils used for frying) that gives it the high calories (something like 400-500 calories for a single sandwich).

rubato

Post by rubato »

NOLA has great food but the oysters are not part of it. They are YUGE but have a very 'muddy' flavor. I would never order them again. Tomales Bay and points north have lovely oysters as does Carnac and St Malo France.

Maybe I should give them another chance?

yrs,
rubato

wesw

Post by wesw »

yes, it is pollock. fillets.

very tasty.

i like to put a few fries on it as well

it goes very well with a small hi C orange drink, but they don t carry the hi-c anymore.....drats!!!!