The One And Only Thing I Will Miss About This Week...

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Lord Jim

The One And Only Thing I Will Miss About This Week...

Post by Lord Jim »

between Christmas and New Years...

All the Linda Ronstadt musical promos running on CNN for the documentary about her they are airing tomorrow...

What a talent...

I'll give you 10 Lady Gagas for one Linda Ronstadt...
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Re: The One And Only Thing I Will Miss About This Week...

Post by BoSoxGal »

I have to remember to watch or record that; I have such an affinity for Linda Ronstadt, she seems like such a kindred spirit in so many ways. She is now suffering from a Parkinson’s-type illness which is why she retired from music - just more evidence of the random cruelty of life that leaves someone like her silenced while someone like 45* has a megaphone.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Lady Gaga has a fantastic voice. I don't think I'd trade 10 of her for a Linda Ronsdadt but then again I don't own any Lady Gagas.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Lord Jim wrote:between Christmas and New Years...

All the Linda Ronstadt musical promos running on CNN for the documentary about her they are airing tomorrow...

What a talent...

I'll give you 10 Lady Gagas for one Linda Ronstadt...
Gaga is one hell of a singer. The outrageous crap is probably used to get a foothold in an industry that seems to not appreciate talent that is wrapped up in dowdy feathers. Google her oscars performance where she sings a the sound of music medley. She hits every note Julie Andrews did.

rubato

Post by rubato »

Gaga is a genuine talent. I don't have much interest in her pop music but when she was on 60 minutes years ago I said "now that is an interesting intelligence." Since then her duets with other musicians, like Tony Bennett, have proved her a well trained musician with excellent taste. I love Linda Ronstadt and think the world of her work and her career but forcing a comparison with Gaga is of no value.

yrs,
rubato

wesw

Post by wesw »

she is n0 susan b0yle.....