I find it interesting

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
liberty

I find it interesting

Post by liberty »

I find it interesting that there are two current events that have not been posted here. The first is the church shooting in of all place white settlement Texas and the other is the killing of the Iranian general. The church shooting was stopped by a church militia before it became a mass shooting and the killing of the Iranian leader was not in Trump’s financial best interest. I reckon these stories didn’t fit the agenda.

Trump should get out of the hotel business; hotels are just too easy of a target. This killing of the Iranian general is proof that Trump does not put his business interest first. This has the potential to bankrupt his hotel business.Who would want to stay at a hotel that is likely to be attacked?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Big RR

Re: I find it interesting

Post by Big RR »

This has the potential to bankrupt his hotel business.Who would want to stay at a hotel that is likely to be attacked?
Serial bankruptcy is the major part of Trump's busoiness plans--always has been. Why do you see this as different?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:
This has the potential to bankrupt his hotel business.Who would want to stay at a hotel that is likely to be attacked?
Serial bankruptcy is the major part of Trump's busoiness plans--always has been. Why do you see this as different?
No matter how good one is at playing the system more money has to come in than goes out or one goes out of business. I think that in the past Trump never had a nation dedicated to his destruction. I think that would be the difference, of course assuming that the Iranian government is intent on revenge. Or are you saying that trump has nothing to fear from the Iranians?
Last edited by liberty on Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

The church had a very well trained ex-deputy and firearms instructor who took out the aggressor with a single shot. In contrast, another congregant with a weapon was shot by the attacker.So the church had, as far as I can tell from the reporting, an unusually effective good guy with a gun. There have been many instances - such as the shooting of Gabby Giffords - where armed attendees did not draw because either they did not have time to react or because they were concerned that they might be identified as attackers.

So no, I don't see one success as being an argument for arming all and sundry.

And as for the "Thank God!" aspect - we heard, for example, the pastor of the church where 26 people were killed a few years ago say:
“That’s why the shooting yesterday was stopped in just a few seconds,” Mr. Pomeroy, now a Republican candidate for the State Senate, said. “Praise God!”
I am confused why we thank God when 'only' three people are now dead. (Quote from the NYT piece.)

As for the shooting of the Iranian general. I have trouble seeing this as a good thing and it will probably escalate the situation. There will be American elsewhere in the Middle East (e.g., the Gulf States) who will die as a result.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Nobody posted about the machete attack on a Hanukkah celebration in NY that was thwarted by tables and chairs either - maybe it’s not about agenda, maybe we all just have compassion fatigue given the frequency of violence in our obviously sick society. Or maybe folks have just been busier than usual given the holidays?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I think that in the past Trump never had a nation dedicated to his destruction. I think that would be the difference, of course assuming that the Iranian government is intent on revenge. Or are you saying that trump has nothing to fear from the Iranians?
Trump? I sincerely doubt he has much to fear; indeed, unless they are complete cretins, they would much rather have a buffoon at the helm of the US than a competent person. And even if they wanted to take Trump out, it would be much easier to hit other targets than him, which is what I bet they will do. I sincerely doubt there is any personal vendetta here, or will ever be one.

rubato

Post by rubato »

I find it interesting that liberty has not mentioned Russia's <<only>> aircraft carrier burning up at the dock?

It's just those diabolically clever Russkis pretending to be weak, incompetent idiots, fools really, to lull us into a false sense of security.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

liberty wrote:" …

No matter how good one is at playing the system more money has to come in than goes out or one goes out of business.... " ?
Or … you just declare bankruptcy seven times and leave the creditors in the lurch.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

or this:

"Floating Dock with submarine sank in Russian Naval Base in Sevastopol"

yrs,
rubato

liberty

Post by liberty »

rubato wrote:I find it interesting that liberty has not mentioned Russia's <<only>> aircraft carrier burning up at the dock?

It's just those diabolically clever Russkis pretending to be weak, incompetent idiots, fools really, to lull us into a false sense of security.

yrs,
rubato
We have had an aircraft carrier to burn. We have even had race riots on our naval ships something that has Russian have never had as far I know. Never underestimate an enemy!