Taking Down (Temporarily) My Redskins Sigline

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I am going to take down my Hail To The Redskins portion of my sigline for now and go back to just having it during the football season (Yeah, I know, technically it's still football season, but the 'Skins season ended in about week 6... :( )

I'm doing this in part as a courtesy to other posters because I believe my sigline is a little too large, and (more importantly) because it seems to me that the battle over the team name has been won, (at least for now) so there's really no need to "fly the flag"...

I am certainly NOT taking it down because I have suddenly found the arguments against the team name to be at all persuasive; in fact my purpose in putting up this post is to make that clear. Nor do I have any interest in discussing or debating the topic; I'm posting this as an announcement and explanation, not as a starting point for another round of that pointless debate.

If others choose to use this thread as an excuse to whip that passed-on pony, I obviously can't stop them, but any such discussion will be without my participation. This is is the one and only post I will put in this thread.

That is all...
ImageImageImage

RayThom

Re: Taking Down (Temporarily) My Redskins Sigline

Post by RayThom »

Lord Jim wrote:I am going to take down my Hail To The Redskins portion of my sigline for now and go back to just having it during the football season (Yeah, I know, technically it's still football season, but the 'Skins season ended in about week 6... :( )

I'm doing this in part as a courtesy to other posters because I believe my sigline is a little too large, and (more importantly) because it seems to me that the battle over the team name has been won, (at least for now) so there's really no need to "fly the flag"...

I am certainly NOT taking it down because I have suddenly found the arguments against the team name to be at all persuasive; in fact my purpose in putting up this post is to make that clear. Nor do I have any interest in discussing or debating the topic; I'm posting this as an announcement and explanation, not as a starting point for another round of that pointless debate.

If others choose to use this thread as an excuse to whip that passed-on pony, I obviously can't stop them, but any such discussion will be without my participation. This is is the one and only post I will put in this thread.

That is all...
OK.

However, had you dumped the Washington team logo without explanation I doubt if anyone would have noticed... or cared.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Noticed what?

I have all sig lines on "hide" anyway. Mine's good but the rest are just annoying :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I wish you’d also resize the Remove Trump image, which I wholeheartedly support but which is still overly large.

Here’s a tool:

https://picresize.com/
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I turned off siglines ages ago because of the large and annoying nature of many of them.

Carry on.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I turned off siglines quite a while ago too. I like my arguments to be commercial free. If anyone wants to rent my signature space, it's available for a reasonable rate.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Lovely LJ! Almost a bit too small now, but most importantly, it’s now symmetrical which soothes my OCD soul.

Thanks!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:I turned off siglines quite a while ago too. I like my arguments to be commercial free. If anyone wants to rent my signature space, it's available for a reasonable rate.

I am interested. How much will you charge for your sig line to read: JOE GUY IS A PAIN IN THE ASS? Is the charge by the letter or by the line, or maybe by the word?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:I am interested. How much will you charge for your sig line to read: JOE GUY IS A PAIN IN THE ASS? Is the charge by the letter or by the line, or maybe by the word?

Do you want the question mark included? I'm not really sure that sig line would get past my censors.

Yeah, I just checked and it won't.

The rate I charge for (acceptable) sig lines is per word but it depends on how many letters are in each word and the amount of lines they take up.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
TPFKA@W wrote:I am interested. How much will you charge for your sig line to read: JOE GUY IS A PAIN IN THE ASS? Is the charge by the letter or by the line, or maybe by the word?

Do you want the question mark included? I'm not really sure that sig line would get past my censors.

Yeah, I just checked and it won't.

The rate I charge for (acceptable) sig lines is per word but it depends on how many letters are in each word and the amount of lines they take up.
Well then, in the interest of censors and economy, what is the going rate for JOE GUY IS A PITA, ?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

You mean something like this?

JOE GUY IS A Image

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

You two should just get a room already.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

What a disgusting thing to say. She's a married woman and I'm an old white privileged asshole.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:What a disgusting thing to say. She's a married woman and I'm an old white privileged asshole.
Meh, she's the asshole Joe. Meanwhile I await your quote on the price though I may change what I want the sig to say at this point.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:You mean something like this?

JOE GUY IS A Image
Ha ha.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Sorry don’t actually read your posts - but can see you are sniffing each other’s asses furiously in this thread. :lol:

I guess you don’t consider Joe Guy your personal stalker anymore, eh @w? :lol:
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:....Meanwhile I await your quote on the price though I may change what I want the sig to say at this point.
I need to work out a rate plan. Per view? Per word? Per message?

Then there are probably some messages that might be free of charge but I don't want to start a sig line war - if you get my drift...

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

BoSoxGal wrote:Sorry don’t actually read your posts - but can see you are sniffing each other’s asses furiously in this thread. :lol:

I guess you don’t consider Joe Guy your personal stalker anymore, eh @w? :lol:
Well if you were seriously not reading the posts you would have no idea whether or not there was any ass sniffing going on. Furious or other wise. Now you have made it abundantly clear that you are a fat, broke and miserable cunt who can't stand to see anyone having a good time. Sorry it has triggered you.

Carry on Joe.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Oooooh, are they being mean to me? How exciting! Their second favorite activity after humping and sniffing each other, and sending each other long PMs sharing their tales of woe. :lol: The mating ritual is ramping up! :mrgreen:
~ Carl Sagan