Soon gone in a rush

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Big RR

Re: Soon gone in a rush

Post by Big RR »

Only in America, however, could we turn something like "an absence in the belief of a deity" into "a burning hate against any and all forms of religion".
I don't know, I'm pretty sure that we could see that in many parts of the world, such as in middle eastern countries and, likely, the Vatican; theocracies tend to breed this sort of contempt against any questioning. Indeed, I would think the numbers of Americans actually subscribing to such a belief is small, even among the very religious.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

We can hope that Alex Jones is next.
Nominations for third are now open.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Well it’s just greedy not to include the recently deceased Don Imus.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Trump is going to give Rush Scumbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

BoSoxGal wrote:Trump is going to give Rush Scumbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

:arg :evil: Of course he is.

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I always liked the Grateful Dead version of Bobby Magee but for that line, quoted by Econo and as penned by Kristofferson, they had

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to do

I never understood the line as they sang it.

Of course once I heard Janis's version there was no point in listening to any other.

Somewhere in my basement is that Dead album from 1971. Janis's Pearl is in the car.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

If Trump were looking for one person to thank for his elevation he need to look no further than Limbaugh. For once I can't quarrel with his logic.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:Trump is going to give Rush Scumbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but in light of the fact that Mr. Lamebrain has come out and admitted that he has advanced lung cancer I can't help but consider this to be the SCROTUS's version of a 'parting gift'.

Although as far as parting gifts go, it's a pretty good one.  On the old TV game shows, you only got the home version of the game.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is awarded by the president of the United States "for especially meritorious contribution to (1) the security or national interests of the United States, or (2) world peace, or (3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors".
:barf :arg
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

RayThom wrote:Which begs the question, is an atheist a non-Christian or merely someone who is convinced that Christians -- or any one of the other twelve major organized world religions -- don't have all the answers, if any?

Who is right, and who is wrong? I'm happy with my life choices -- much less misdirection and confusion.

Amen.

Easy. Most of the major and almost all of the minor religions profess to be the "One and true religion". They can't all be right.

They can, however, all be wrong.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Melania gave Rush the medal during the speech. What a crock of shit (on so many levels).

In his honor, I sent money last night to Lizzie Warren and Amy Klobuchar, and also Sarah Gideon (taking on Susan Collins) and Amy McGrath (taking on Yertle).
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:ok :ok :ok :ok

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

A friend just wrote, "Giving the Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh is like giving a culinary excellence award to Jeffrey Dahmer."
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Or making Leopold and Loeb scoutmasters.

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
The Presidential Medal of Freedom is awarded by the president of the United States "for especially meritorious contribution to (1) the security or national interests of the United States, or (2) world peace, or (3) cultural or other significant public or private endeavors".
:barf :arg

What does that have to do with freedom? At least Rush openly opposed the communist in the Cold War.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

At least Rush openly opposed the communist in the Cold War.
and that opposition had exactly what to do with our freedom or security interests? If he had taken the opposite position, what difference would that have made?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Big RR wrote:
At least Rush openly opposed the communist in the Cold War.
and that opposition had exactly what to do with our freedom or security interests? If he had taken the opposite position, what difference would that have made?
Are you saying that the communists were not a threat to our freedom; if they had had their way we still would have been just as free? Were the people of the Soviet Union as free as the people of the United States? Rush’s public opposition to the communist helped to win the war by encouraging others to resist.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

No, I'm saying a radio announcer droning on had nothing to do with the ultimate result of the cold war which was decided because the Russians were nearly bankrupted by the arms race before (but only a little before) we would have been. Rush's rhetoric had nothing at all to do with it.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

He is widely considered to have reinvented and re-energized AM radio. Lots of minuses to go along with the accomplishments. Pretty interesting to look over the prior medal winners. Nearly all hold up well, but there are a few who either weren't so great or were discovered to be the complete opposite of great (Bill Cosby anyone).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_P ... ents#Media

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Is that a cochlear implant or a borg implant on Limbaugh?