Soon gone in a rush

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

Soon gone in a rush

Post by TPFKA@W »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l#comments

A painful, smothery way to go. I am sure he will get the best possible care, but advanced says it all.

Joe Guy

Re: Soon gone in a rush

Post by Joe Guy »

Throughout the years I've listened to him only a few times and thought of him as more of an entertainer and cheerleader for the republican party than a serious asshole. He has said some hateful things and gotten in trouble for it but he has a lot of followers who gobble it up.

I hope he has a miraculous recovery but for now at least he will be able to take Oxycontin legally.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I was very happy to see that news. Yes, that’s terrible. Still true. One less hateful hate mongering piece of shit stirring the ugly up in moron America. :ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:Throughout the years I've listened to him only a few times and thought of him as more of an entertainer and cheerleader for the republican party than a serious asshole. He has said some hateful things and gotten in trouble for it but he has a lot of followers who gobble it up.

I hope he has a miraculous recovery but for now at least he will be able to take Oxycontin legally.
See now, I just think he is the stupidest person possible. I consider my self to be a conservative leaning libertarian, and am unable to understand how anyone could listen to his crap without vomiting or shooting themselves in the head to make it stop. My husband had a coworker who listened to Rush and my husband would come home and say something about what he heard Rush say and I would become irate. He learned quickly not to mention it.

A most foul and disgusting man.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:I was very happy to see that news. Yes, that’s terrible. Still true. One less hateful hate mongering piece of shit stirring the ugly up in moron America.
Is it not hate mongering to express happiness to a group of people that someone has contracted a terminal disease?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’m not encouraging anyone else to think or feel any certain way. Do you not understand what mongering means?

Have you ever listened to Rush? I’m sure you have - just being your usual disingenuous self. :roll:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Mongering - I can't believe it's not butter!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

"Butter! Emails!"

...now THAT'S mongering.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Drive him up the wall. Tell him that liberals are sending thoughts and prayers his way.

RayThom

Soon gone in a rush

Post by RayThom »

If ol' Rush hadn't been so full of vitriol and hate maybe his metabolism would have responded differently and raised some red flags early on. On the other hand, he was/is addicted to oxycodone so maybe his brain never got the message he was in dire straits.

Regardless, I bet few people -- not even one of his four ex-wives and/or children -- are going to miss his smart fuck attitude, and fat ass.

What goes around, comes around.

RIP, Rush.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Always good to read vitriol and hatred from the non-Christians :ok Rejoicing over a person's death speaks volumes. I feel reasonably certain that if it were Obama at death's door, the same people would be shrieking at anyone (a Trumpista, perhaps) who said he deserved it and it was a good thing.

I am quite reminded of Trump's own relish in describing the death of Soleimani... very low class.
You can use the noun monger as a word on its own, although it frequently shows up as a suffix, in words like cheesemonger. Monger can also be used as a verb meaning "to sell or peddle." In both cases, the word is a bit old fashioned, used more often these days to describe a person who promotes something hurtful
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Those that call themselves Christian do it too. Only they are more likely to ascribe any worldly suffering of the subject as the divine and just punishment of god.

Compassion for those who have wronged us (be it real or perceived) is a difficult trait to nurture.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Crackpot wrote:Those that call themselves Christian do it too.
Yes, CP (he typed gently). That's exactly why I wrote "Always good to read vitriol and hatred from the non-Christians :ok"

Those are the same people who regularly post their pride in being "better" than Christians, who are of course whackadoodles. Occasionally that's modified to "some Christians" as a kind of lip service to truth which is not genuinely meant. I expect you merely overlooked the qualification.

Many Trump Christians are among the worst; hard to tell the difference between them and Westboro at times.
Crackpot wrote:Compassion for those who have wronged us (be it real or perceived) is a difficult trait to nurture
True enough. There are many times during which reaching for a baseball bat is a first reaction before the better nature restores sanity.

RayThom

Soon gone in a rush

Post by RayThom »

Which begs the question, is an atheist a non-Christian or merely someone who is convinced that Christians -- or any one of the other twelve major organized world religions -- don't have all the answers, if any?

Who is right, and who is wrong? I'm happy with my life choices -- much less misdirection and confusion.

Amen.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:Always good to read vitriol and hatred from the non-Christians :ok Rejoicing over a person's death speaks volumes. I feel reasonably certain that if it were Obama at death's door, the same people would be shrieking at anyone (a Trumpista, perhaps) who said he deserved it and it was a good thing.

I am quite reminded of Trump's own relish in describing the death of Soleimani... very low class.
You can use the noun monger as a word on its own, although it frequently shows up as a suffix, in words like cheesemonger. Monger can also be used as a verb meaning "to sell or peddle." In both cases, the word is a bit old fashioned, used more often these days to describe a person who promotes something hurtful
Every time RBG goes to hospital there is an outpouring of rejoicing on the right - where is your head buried? There was rejoicing over Elijah Cummings’s death and has been over the announcement of John Lewis’s cancer diagnosis. For that matter, those evil bastards rejoiced over the death of their own man John McCain.

Rush Limbaugh is a total scumbag responsible for the suffering of many people by his spreading of hatred. He mocked Robin Williams’s suicide. Fuck him! I’ve held him in the strongest contempt for just shy of 30 years; I’d be a massive hypocrite to pretend I gave the least fuck for his wellbeing - I do not.

I am NOT a Christian - no shame visits upon me by calling me a bad one. But in my day to day life from early childhood to now, I have lived and exhibited Christian values better than most of the boastful Christians I’ve known or observed in the media.

Everybody dies. It’s biological. Some people’s deaths are better for the community as a whole than other people’s. That is nothing more than pragmatic reality.

I never said I rejoiced in his suffering - I hope he gets lots of legal Oxy and Fentanyl to ease his passing. But I won’t be sorry when he’s gone. And if there is a hell, I expect he’ll be burning there along with Roger Ailes.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

BoSoxGal wrote:Every time RBG goes to hospital there is an outpouring of rejoicing on the right - where is your head buried? There was rejoicing over Elijah Cummings’s death and has been over the announcement of John Lewis’s cancer diagnosis. For that matter, those evil bastards rejoiced over the death of their own man John McCain
\

What's this about head-burying? I don't think I've overlooked the sins of the Rightists and have denied none of the above. I voted McCain in '08 - the first act of my new citizenship - and I was greatly angered and dismayed by the rubbishing of his life, death and after.

Did I not write, "I am quite reminded of Trump's own relish in describing the death of Soleimani... very low class" and "Many Trump Christians are among the worst; hard to tell the difference between them and Westboro at times"?

I don't care for Limbaugh's method of yellow "journalism". I don't think you're required to care for his well-being. And I know you certainly don't have to be sorry when he's gone.

Perhaps I misunderstand but I never called you a bad Christian; called you a non-Christian which seems to be accurate by your account. A key value of Christ is humility; another is forgiveness; another is not to attack an enemy; another is to believe in Him; another is to obey his commands. It would be wonderful if more of those who claim to be Christians engaged more fully with those; I wish I did so more consistently. It's a struggle, as CP wrote.

F “What a pity that Bilbo did not stab that vile creature, when he had a chance!'
G "Pity? It was Pity that stayed his hand. Pity, and Mercy: not to strike without need. And he has been well rewarded, Frodo. Be sure that he took so little hurt from the evil, and escaped in the end, because he began his ownership of the Ring so. With Pity.”

G "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement"

JD "Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee"
Last edited by MajGenl.Meade on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

liberty

Post by liberty »

What do you think of those people who gathered outside the prison gates the day of an execution is scheduled? I mean the people who come to celebrate the death of a murderer and generally have good an old-time. I think it is reprehensible. People will die and sometimes it is necessary to kill people but if you get pleasure or satisfaction from their deaths then there is something wrong with you.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I have a question: Did the ties sold by Mr. Limbaugh look nicer with a pinstripe suit than the ties sold by Jerry Garcia?

I have a Garcia.

snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:There are many times during which reaching for a baseball bat is a first reaction before the better nature restores sanity.
Would that it were a baseball bat was the only thing people reached for.
A running tally of people killed by gun violence in 2020
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

RayThom wrote:Which begs the question, is an atheist a non-Christian or merely someone who is convinced that Christians -- or any one of the other twelve major organized world religions -- don't have all the answers, if any?
By definition, an atheist, in the broadest sense, is someone who does not possess a belief in the existence of a deity — any deity.  Less broadly, atheism is a rejection of the belief that any deities exist.  In an even narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.  Compare with theism, which, in its most general form, is the belief that at least one deity exists.

Then, just to further muddy the waters, we have the agnostic — someone who holds the view that any ultimate reality (such as a 'God') is unknown and probably unknowable; or more broadly, one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of a deity or deities.

Only in America, however, could we turn something like "an absence in the belief of a deity" into "a burning hate against any and all forms of religion".
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?