Coronavirus

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
BoSoxGal

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BoSoxGal »

Are we better off if the covid19 gets Trump and Pence runs in November? Or better off with Trump heading the 2020 ticket?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I don’t know how much do you think Pelosi can fuck up in the meantime?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

RayThom

Coronavirus

Post by RayThom »

Crackpot wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:55 pm
Is Pelosi running for president now?

How has she become a spoiler in a Biden / Big Grifter match-up?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

If trump and Pence Go she’s next in line.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Oops misread thought she was opining that both go out

rubato

Post by rubato »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:22 pm
Are we better off if the covid19 gets Trump and Pence runs in November? Or better off with Trump heading the 2020 ticket?

The Republican nominee will run. It may not be Pence who is very namby pamby.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

Crackpot wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:55 pm
she will be far better than Trump although she will only serve until the next inauguration in January,

yrs,
rubato

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

but the inauguration of who?

RayThom

Coronavirus

Post by RayThom »

Crackpot wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:54 pm
There are now over 80,000 deaths so far from the lack of White House leadership.

I'm guessing with a body count that may exceed 120,000 deaths by November 3rd, the Acting President will not be too popular. The majority of those being killed by our Orange Mussolini are mostly older citizens. The very same people who probably would have voted for him had he shown more effective leadership by stemming the COVID tide early on.

I'm really excited knowing that there's a good possibility that he'll be exposed to this virus. I pray the Big Grifter will continue to forego mask wearing. The irony is so sweet.

Die you bastard.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

dales

Post by dales »

Die you bastard.
We don't need a martyr on our hands.

There enough terminally stupid people who would want to see him canonized.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

RayThom

Coronavirus

Post by RayThom »

dales wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:27 pm
Die you bastard.

I suppose you're right. I be OK if he merely stroked out.

He could then atone for his sins.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Crackpot wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:54 pm
So long as it isn't Trump, does it matter?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

dales wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:27 pm
Die you bastard.

There have been eight presidents who have died in office:
  • William Henry Harrison — died of what is generally assumed to be complications from pneumonia, 1841
  • Zachary Taylor — died of 'cholera morbus', or acute gastroenteritis (confirmed after exhumation and scientific analysis in 1991), in 1850
  • Abraham Lincoln — assassinated, 1865
  • James A. Garfield — assassinated, 1865
  • William McKinley — assassinated, 1901
  • Warren G. Harding — died of congestive heart failure (or in common terms, a heart attack), 1923
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt — died of cerebral hemorrhage (stroke), in 1945
  • John F. Kennedy — assassinated, 1963

Of these eight, only Lincoln — and possibly Kennedy — would fit the category of being considered a 'martyr'.

Trump would perhaps become a figure around which his racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, homophobic, white supremacist minions would rally, of course, much as the American Nazi party rallied around George Lincoln Rockwell or the Nation of Islam/Black Muslims elevated Malcolm X to 'martyr' status within their own ranks, but that's about it.  Future history books will define his presidential "legacy" by the way he further polarized the country, and for his lies and his impeachment.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

Four presidents assassinated while in office? Couldn't you just go for one more, it's not like its uncommon.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Please, no - I cannot stomach a gold-crusted state funeral for that monstrous pig! Bad enough when he dies of natural causes.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

RayThom

Coronavirus / DC Comics Division

Post by RayThom »

There’s One Big Reason the U.S. Economy Can’t Reopen
There’s a strong sense that the White House knows the amount of testing we need is far more than we have right now,” he said, though senior Trump officials have insisted that the country’s testing supply is adequate. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the country’s foremost public-health agency, has been almost “totally useless” on testing, he said. “It is really stunning and disappointing.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... ket-newtab

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

My orthopedic surgeon and I just discussed this - my surgery’s delayed two days because of shortage of rapid tests at local hospitals - a 2-5 day test is useless in many applications. We also talked about the error rate of many of the tests utilized at present. False negatives are very dangerous with these stakes.

Trump is a malignant narcissist who simply doesn’t care about the well being of anyone outside his own family - and I believe his feelings toward even them are transactional, because he’s a psychopath. He doesn’t want testing because testing would reveal how sick America is. He isn’t going to get his recovery because far too many people are too afraid to do anything discretionary in the absence of testing telling them it’s safe.

I’m not happy about my fractured wrist, but I’m glad to have a decent excuse to take a leave of absence from my elderly client who likes to eat out. He’s going to go out the minute the governor oks it, and I have zero desire to join him - the places we go are cozy little family places that aren’t really able to make themselves Covid19 safe - a sit-in restaurant, surrounded by unmasked people talking and breathing and eating without much air exchange - no thanks! I’ll eat out again in 2022.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

...and by "WARRIORS" he means "EXPENDABLE" :fu
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God