Coronavirus

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

Coronavirus

Post by RayThom »

That really looks uncomfortable. Whatever happened to the bullet bra?

In retrospect it appears to have become a parody of itself.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

What's that the blonde is wearing around her neck? Is that an inflator hose?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Only PlanB males are bigger boobs.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:14 pm
Just in case you are serious, that's a piece of neckwear known as a 'bolo (or bola) tie' — or 'bootlace tie', as they are known in the UK.  Supposedly invented in the US in the 1940s, they are commonly associated with Western wear and the bolo tie slides and tips in silver have been a part of Hopi, Navajo, Zuni, and Puebloan silversmithing traditions since the mid-20th century.  The bolo tie is the official state tie of Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:41 pm
Only PlanB males are bigger boobs.
You're saying that the PlanB females are all members of the Itty-Bitty Titty Committee?
If so, now I can understand what you-all are compensating for.
(remember, you started it....)
-"BB"-

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

(pssst, Bill...she said "are", not "have"...)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

RayThom

Coronavirus

Post by RayThom »

Joe Guy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:14 pm
Yeah, Joe, in case you're that dense be sure to read BB's explanation and/or admonishment.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

RayThom wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:06 am
Yeah, Joe, in case you're that dense be sure to read BB's explanation and/or admonishment.
I guess I'm partially dense. I didn't know until today that the bolo tie is the official state tie of Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. There must be a lot of women with inflatable boobs in those states.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

YOLO = you only live once

BOLO = ?

dales

Post by dales »

Cop Speak for: "Be On The Look Out".

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

Revealed: Covid-19 outbreaks at meat-processing plants are being kept quiet

Testing has found positive cases at North Carolina facilities, but officials refuse to release the information

A chicken processing facility in western North Carolina reportedly underwent widespread testing for Covid-19 in early June.

Workers at the plant were scared. Several employees had already tested positive and the company, Case Farms – which has been repeatedly condemned for animal treatment and workers’ rights violations – was not providing proper protective equipment.

“We don’t have a lot of space at work. We are shoulder to shoulder,” said one worker, who declined to be identified, during a recent union call. “I’m afraid to go to work, but I have to go.”

The testing turned up 150 positive cases at the facility, the worker said.

On 8 June, the health department for Burke county, where the Case Farms facility is located, reported 136 new Covid cases, a 25% increase in its total caseload. Yet neither the company, county officials nor the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services would confirm whether those cases were connected to Case Farms.

It is just one example of the currently taut relationship between public health and the economy in North Carolina, as the number of Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations rises.

North Carolina is one of the largest pork and poultry producing states in the US, exporting roughly $1.25bn in hogs, chickens and turkeys every year. Health departments in rural parts of the state, areas that often lean on large meatpacking or food processing facilities as primary sources of employment, have so far been tight-lipped about Covid-19 outbreaks in those plants.

In late April, while outbreaks began emerging at meat processing plants across the country, Donald Trump signed an executive order forcing the facilities to remain open. That same month, the US exported a record amount of pork to China, despite industry claims of a domestic shortage.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... h-carolina
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Outbreaks at food processing plants and other places do get reported, but not at length. The health officials must fear, with some good evidence to support it, that if people "hear" that all the cases are at X or Y kind of place, then they don't have to continue with the reasonable safety protocols. Every night I walk my dog around for 30-40 minutes and I see at least two or three house parties of various sizes going on; could be much worse if more people had a false sense of security that they are not at risk (it's those other people that are getting sick).

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Trump will go down in history as The Great Miscommunicator.

RayThom

Coronavirus

Post by RayThom »

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Just for comparison's sake, I'd like to see the relative risk numbers for a doctor or nurse in an ICU which treats COVID patients; and being an employee with customer interactions in a typical supermarket. I'm sure that, with all the precautions they can take, they are still in the 7 to 9 range.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Just saw the heartbreaking news that Nick Cordero passed away after 95 days in ICU fighting covid19. This was a very healthy, lean 41 year old Broadway actor with no underlying health issues, and the virus destroyed his body. He had to have a leg amputated from clotting complications, a pacemaker implanted, and was apparently going to need a double lung transplant had he beaten the virus because it ate holes in his lungs and made them look like he’d been smoking 50 years. I suppose it’s a kind of blessing he passed, except for leaving a devoted wife and a one year old son and losing his talent from this world.

It’s just another cautionary tale of how someone relatively young and healthy can be destroyed by this illness and we all need to be masking and distancing and staying the fuck home when we can.

RIP, Nick. I’m so sorry it beat you.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

ExKA drs and nurses take a lot more precautions and use far more PPE than your usual person on the street. Not to mention they are trained in proper sanitary measures.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.