Coronavirus

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Darren wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:24 pm
As an aside the frat house in Animal House belongs to my fraternity last I checked. Your crystal ball came to life momentarily.
Either you're bull of fullshit or you haven't checked in something like thirty-five years.  From the Oregon Encyclopedia, a project of the Oregon Historical Society:
Universal Studios also made agreements with two fraternities to use their houses, located just off campus in the 700 block of East 11th Avenue.  The Eugene Half-way House, between the two fraternity houses, became the derelict Delta fraternity house.
and
"Delta House" was torn down in 1986 and replaced by another building.  A bronze plaque near the sidewalk marks the site.  The other two locations on 11th Avenue still stand.  The former Sigma Nu house is now Northwest Christian University's School of Professional Studies.  If you peer in the front door, you can still see the staircase where Bluto, irritated by a student singing a folk song, smashed the musician’s guitar, breaking a hole in the wall.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

One of those rare times when you think Covd-19 may be of some value after all.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Pictured above: 2021 Darwin Award nominees.
GAH!

Gob

Post by Gob »

We live in hope.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

So my state opened its vaccine web portal yesterday and I signed up to get my place in line. The state will be administering vaccinations through a number of mass sites (e.g. shopping malls) as well as through local pharmacies (many in supermarkets). Right now, it looks like my priority tier won't be reached til April or so. That's okay, I've gone this long, I can wait a few more months.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I signed up as well and expect to be contacted in the Spring too; since I had it last year (and even still had antibodes in September, when I last donated), I'm not sure if getting the vaccine will give me any more immunity (from what I read, most experts say there is not enough information to make a decision), but I figure it won't hurt.

Gob

Post by Gob »

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

3381673D-5AAE-4A31-9DD6-DDF4931C63F4.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

It's not just the Americans who are getting creative when it comes to trying to get around the COVID restrictions:
Canadian couple fined for breaking curfew
after woman found 'walking' her husband on a dog leash

(https://news.yahoo.com/canadian-woman-walked-her-husband-232213206.html - edited to correct spelling of name in 2nd paragraph)

A couple in Canada have been fined CA $1546.00 each after they were stopped by police with the woman ‘walking’ her husband on a dog lead.

The unnamed wife tried to argue with police that she was not breaking coronavirus rules, as it is permitted to break curfew in order to walk your dog.  “One of them had the other on a leash, and she said she was taking her dog, pointing to her partner, out on a walk, as allowed under the exceptions provided by Quebec’s premier under its curfew law,” said Isabelle Gendron, a spokesperson for the local police department.

The couple are from Sherbrooke, Quebec.  The woman is 24 years old and her partner is 40, according to the Toronto Sun.

The province of Quebec introduced an overnight curfew last Saturday that runs from 8pm until 5am.  During that time, locals are only allowed out of their homes for limited reasons, such as going to hospital or walking their dog within 1km of their home.

The couple were stopped by police at about 9pm on Saturday evening, just one hour after the curfew was first introduced.  Police say the couple attempted to use the ‘dog walking’ excuse to justify their outing and added that the couple was “not cooperative”.  The pair were fined CA $1,546 (US $1216) each for the violation.

When confronted by officers, the couple said it would be a “pleasure” to receive the fines and “it would not stop them from breaking the rules in the future and they would see how many tickets they could get,” Ms. Gendron said.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Doin' it doggy-style? :mrgreen:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:12 am

When confronted by officers, the couple said it would be a “pleasure” to receive the fines and “it would not stop them from breaking the rules in the future and they would see how many tickets they could get,” Ms. Gendron said.
-"BB"-
[/quote]

I say let them get on with it. I'm sure Sherbrooke can use the cash.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

So you can go for a walk at 10 in the morning, when the sidewalks are busier, but not at 10 at night? Or is there some other reason to restrict a healthy activity, other than the bias that "nothing good happens after 10"?

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Spent a heart-breaking 2 hours on zoom last Sunday afternoon discussing the protocol from headquarters as to when my particular faith community will resume regular, face-to-face meetings to worship together. bottom line--probably not til fall, and maybe not then. Econoline, I hope that picture above is an old file photo.

Then I get email this morning from my sister-in-law in Kansas City Missouri area, that they don't see any reason to get the vaccine. [while MISSOURI has some of the worst covid19 stats in the nation.] She is shopping around for a long-term-care facility for my brother because they see growing dementia that will probably require institutionalization within two years. She did have nice things to say about VA facilities in Warrensburg and Cameron Missouri,

snailgate

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

The meme was (supposed to be) a joke: the foreground is the boy (Haley Joel Osment) from the movie "The Sixth Sense" whose memorable line was "I see dead people."
God @The Tweet of God

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

A good piece in The Atlantic about ''The Pandemic's Wrongest Man" - Fox News contributor Alex Berenson. It's one thing to have a different opinion but when someone seems to be just plain wrong so regularly on factual issues, you wonder what his agenda is.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

......with 40 percent of Republicans saying they won’t get a shot
Since these are likely Trumpanzees, I look upon this as a special form of herd immunity in action. Darwin Awards all round!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts