Coronavirus

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Coronavirus

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Crackpot wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:36 pm
That part of the mountain is unstable (a collapse there ended the project. Though the attempt and the resulting catastrophic disaster and resultant damage to a historic entity would have a certain poetic justice.
Mountain? What mountain? We don't need no steenkin mountain.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

Coronavirus

Post by RayThom »

Fortunately, there's not enough material at Mt. Rushmore to allow for the Big Grifter's fat, fucking, face to be memorialized.

C'mon 11/03.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

“The virus that we’re talking about having to do, a lot of people think that goes away in April, with the heat, as the heat comes in, typically that will go away in April.” ... Dumb'old Trump, speaking to a meeting of the nation’s governors, February 9th 2020

It is now mid-July.  Temperatures have been in excess of 100° in much of Texas and the southern US, and we even hit the low 90s 'way up here in Wisconsin.  Forget about April or even May; this is all-out, full-blown summer, and the coronavirus is still with us and, if anything, more virulent than ever.

What happened to Trump's assurance that once it started warming up this thing would 'magically' go away?  Could it be that our POTUS was lying to us again?

Let me answer that last question by asking another one.  Does the sun come up in the east?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

1/3 of American museums are expecting not to survive the pandemic.

Some zoos are feeding some of their animals to their other animals to stay afloat and keep their animals from starving.

Congress can’t get its shit together and the evictions are starting in 9 days. A whole lot of people will be getting hungry, too.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

OK, now I've seen it all.

The B.C. Centre for Disease Control added new recommendations for socially distant sex.  One of those tips was to try using a 'glory hole', a hole in the wall or other partition through which people engage in sexual activity (WikiPedia).  So no longer are glory holes just a means to provide anonymous sex, they're also now a medically-approved safety measure ensuring a safe social bubble for their users.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5658567

And just in case you're still unsure on the concept of how to construct one, Amazon (who else?) has got you covered.
How to Build Your Own Gloryhole — Kindle Edition

I wonder — does this mean that I could the money in my HSA to go to Home Depot and purchase the material necessary to build one?
-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

My favorite line from the article:
The tips are direct and clear.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

For the third consecutive day, new cases of Covid-19 cases topped 1,300 in France.

Friday evening’s figures showed an increase of 1,346 confirmed new coronavirus cases in the previous 24 hours and 15 new clusters, taking the total number of clusters currently under investigation to 157.

The number of new cases, which had dropped to several hundred every day at the beginning of July, rose suddenly to top 1,000 a day a week ago, prompting health officials to warn of a resurgence of the virus. Although new cases dropped to just over 500 at the beginning of last week, they subsequently shot up again.

A spike in cases in areas popular with tourists, including coastal resorts, has been labelled the “holiday effect”, by the French press.
Germany records 955 new cases

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 955 to 209,653, data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed on Friday.

The reported death toll rose by 7 to 9,148, Reuters reported the tally as showing.
Tokyo reports 472 new Covid-19 cases

The number of new coronavirus cases confirmed in Tokyo, Japan was around 472 on Saturday, a new record, NHK public television quoted Tokyo officials as saying.
It was the second day in a row that the number of cases in the capital rose by more than 400.

Although the Tokyo governor, Yuriko Koike, has said the city could declare its own state of emergency, the central government says there is still no need to do so nationally despite a record spike in several cities around the nation.

Japan’s Okinawa region declared a state of emergency earlier on Saturday with people asked to stay home for two weeks as the popular tourist destination sees an “explosive spread” of coronavirus cases.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:44 pm
To be fully effective, it should be taped around the Twitter thumbs, too.

Although I suppose that pictured configuration should result in suffocation and death fairly quickly. So that’s good enough.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

(CNN)President Donald Trump criticized Dr. Deborah Birx in a Monday tweet after she warned the pandemic is "extraordinarily widespread" in the US.

While Trump and other top White House officials have publicly attacked Dr. Anthony Fauci, the tweet marked the first time Birx, the coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, publicly drew Trump's ire.

The dust-up comes as the country continues to be ravaged by coronavirus, with more than 150,000 US citizens dead and more than 4 million cases. Trump has consistently lied and misled mostly in attempts to downplay concerns about the virus as he presses for schools and businesses to reopen.

"So Crazy Nancy Pelosi said horrible things about Dr. Deborah Birx, going after her because she was too positive on the very good job we are doing on combatting the China Virus, including Vaccines & Therapeutics. In order to counter Nancy, Deborah took the bait & hit us. Pathetic!" Trump wrote.

Birx sounded the alarms during an appearance on CNN Sunday, telling CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union" that the pandemic has reached a new phase.

"What we are seeing today is different from March and April. It is extraordinarily widespread. It's into the rural as equal urban areas," she said, suggesting that some Americans in multi-generational families should start wearing masks inside their homes.

She did not reject a warning by former Federal Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb that there could be 300,000 coronavirus deaths by the end of the year, saying, "Anything is possible."
I am absolutely not kidding one little bit when I say I wish some very good marksman nutter would take this piece of shit OUT. I would celebrate if he was assassinated today, I truly would. I would not experience even the smallest bit of sadness over it. Our country could not be more fucked up than it is now, anyway - and I honestly believe that if Trump were dead, Pence would do better on following the science and public health guidance than he’s doing now because he’s a sycophant of Trump - but I don’t think he’s a psychopath like Trump.

If there was a God and that God had any compassion for the people of this country, he would strike this abhorrent monster down TODAY with a massive stroke or heart attack that would render him incapable of ever speaking or communicating in any other meaningful way for the rest of his life. And if that God existed and was a just God, he would keep the abhorrent piece of shit alive for another 20 years to be a drain on his family and to sit in his own feces for hours at a time when he finds himself locked away in a nursing facility because he didn’t inspire any real love in his progeny or his spouse, so nobody is willing to keep him home and care for him in person even though there is ample financial resource to do so. THAT is the fate that Trump deserves, NOW.

YES I AM FUCKING ANGRY AND VENTING! 30,000+ American citizens will die this month. Happy August!
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

9F2F5BA3-7349-4BED-AD73-495AAD47036D.jpeg
9F2F5BA3-7349-4BED-AD73-495AAD47036D.jpeg (25.1 KiB) Viewed 1852 times
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

As David Gerrold recently pointed out:
"There is one way Donald J. Turnip could be president-for-life.

He could die before January 20th."
Works for me.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-

Gob

Post by Gob »

Deaths have been below the five-year average for six weeks in a row in England and Wales

There were a total of 8,891 deaths registered in England and Wales in the week to 24 July, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS), 161 fewer than the five-year average of 9,052, PA reports.

This is the sixth week in a row that deaths have been below the five-year average.
Of the deaths registered in the week to July 24, 217 mentioned Covid-19 on the death certificate – the lowest number of deaths involving Covid-19 since the week ending 20 March, when there was 103 deaths.

Figures published on Tuesday by the ONS show that 51,596 deaths involving Covid-19 had occurred in England and Wales up to 24 July, and had been registered by August 1.

Figures published last week by the National Records for Scotland showed that 4,201 deaths involving Covid-19 had been registered in Scotland up to 26 July, while 854 deaths had occurred in Northern Ireland up to 24 July (and had been registered up to July 29) according to the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency.

Together, these figures mean that so far 56,651 deaths have been registered in the UK where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, including suspected cases.
People are staying away from hospitals/health centres, and FAR more good hygiene practices are going on, more social isolation means less communicable disease spreading, and also less trauma injuries, not drinking in pubs means you haven't a chance to ask your mate to "HOLD ME BEER" whilst you head dive off the table down through the cellar door.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

I like how they state COVID was present and do not say it was a COVID death; the U.S. papers conflate the two as does the "official" tally. The only real way to get a reasonable estimate of COVID caused deaths is the excess death analysis referred to in the article. The reason UK may be experiencing fewer deaths than average has less to do with fewer accidental deaths than the virus accelerated the deaths of many people who were going to die in the next six months.