Coronavirus

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
ex-khobar Andy

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

From NYT this morning, in a piece discussing Trump's refusal to accept any thing as truth if it does not benefit him. He has successfully politicized the vaccine approval process, among a host of other things. Trump's tweets have, to use an awful sexist word but I can't tnk of an alternative, emasculated FDA.
The absurdity of the situation distills to this: Pharmaceutical executives, who have pledged not to seek authorization for a vaccine until adequate scientific evidence is gathered, are now acting as a check on federal regulators rather than the other way around.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

So I volunteered for the Russian Vaccine Trial for Covid-19, here, at Sunnybrook Hospital. It's been kept very quiet for security reasons. I received my first shot and wanted to let you know that it’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

liberty

Post by liberty »

As I drive around north Louisiana, I see very little mask compliance except for Wal-Mart and some liberal communist cities like Ruston. I have asked myself is it over when looking around, and not see not a single person wearing a mask. It is like it is a political test if one is a liberal communist one wears a mask, but if one is a conservative or other anti-communist American, one doesn’t wear a mask. I think that is crazy; don’t get me wrong I am America first, but health decisions should be based on facts and caution, not politics. People look at me strangely sometimes when I am wearing all my safety gear, but I don’t care; I am going to continue with my safety plan until the threat is over.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I see quite a few people without masks walking the streets around here but indoors every place I've been, all people have been wearing masks.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Joe Guy wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:03 am
I see quite a few people without masks walking the streets around here but indoors every place I've been, all people have been wearing masks.

That don’t appear to be the case here.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

dales

Post by dales »

Generally speaking, people who refuse to wear a mask are self-centered idiots.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

liberty wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:30 am
some liberal communist cities
"Liberal communist" is a contradiction in terms. You clearly have no fucking clue as to what each word means.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

You just figured this out? Age must be catching up with you old man
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Interesting fact in cases per million population Louisiana leads the country in cases of infection at 35,627 cases per million New York meanwhile has just over 25,000 cases per million. And that was the highest rated “blue” state
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Crackpot wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:30 pm
Interesting fact in cases per million population Louisiana leads the country in cases of infection at 35,627 cases per million New York meanwhile has just over 25,000 cases per million. And that was the highest rated “blue” state
Those are cumulative numbers and tell us little about new case rates. Both Louisiana and New York have high overall numbers due to their initial mistakes (New York staying "open" for 2-3 weeks after other states shut down, and then forcing nursing homes to take infected people; and Mardis Gras in New Orleans). New cases in both states have dropped significantly.

I do agree that for some people mask wearing is a statement. While we have generally excellent compliance in indoor spaces, most people in my uncrowded neighborhood do not wear a mask while out walking, running or riding a bike, and for good reason as there is zero benefit to wearing a mask in this typical situation. In other neighborhoods, you see a majority wearing masks while moving about outside even though there is no benefit, it is almost like a peer pressure thing. People who wear a mask while alone in their car are a whole other topic.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Gob wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:46 pm
liberty wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:30 am
some liberal communist cities
"Liberal communist" is a contradiction in terms. You clearly have no fucking clue as to what each word means.
I know what liberal meant at one time, but times change. I am not saying that it applies all people that think of themselves as but it is too many.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Long Run wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:23 pm
In other neighborhoods, you see a majority wearing masks while moving about outside even though there is no benefit
For me it's a convenience thing. I can't leave my home without wearing a mask because by law I can't walk through the common areas of my building without one. I would then have to take it off when I got outside, only to put it on and take it off again every time I entered and exited any establishment or public transit station or vehicle along my route. As soon as at least one of my hands isn't free, that becomes awkward, to say nothing of the potential of contaminating my face with whatever I have been touching unless I pull out my hand sanitizer each and every time.

So I just put on the mask before I walk out the door and leave it on until I get home. Since it doesn't bother me in the slightest to be wearing it, it costs me nothing.

-- Author unknown

dales

Post by dales »

So I just put on the mask before I walk out the door and leave it on until I get home. Since it doesn't bother me in the slightest to be wearing it, it costs me nothing.
I follow the same idea.

Wearing a mask is of no inconvenience for me whatsoever.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

liberty wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:03 pm

I know what liberal meant at one time, but times change. I am not saying that it applies all people that think of themselves as but it is too many.
liberal
favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.

(often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.

of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
communism

a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.

(often initial capital letter) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.

(initial capital letter) the principles and practices of the Communist Party.
I'm sorry, but if you cannot see that the two positions are diametrically opposite, then you should refrain from using them.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

People who wear a mask while alone in their car are a whole other topic.
People who concern themselves about others wearing their mask in their cars are a whole new topic as well. I see this a great amount on chatter pages on the book of faces. I guess it comes from deep seeded needs to control others by shaming them publicly to force them into compliance of the complainer's particular standards. Fuck that noise, wear your mask while driving if that is what you want.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

D78D19AA-01D4-4D7B-BE34-07F24F7B9B9D.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan