Iran is screwed.

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Darren

Re: Iran is screwed.

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:34 pm
So you're friends with someone who was embedded with Iranian troops in Iraq. Uh huh.
That's a good point. I never considered that.

I suspect you are correct since he does training and he mentioned they, most likely Iraqis, didn't want to go on ambushes. That rules out the US military.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Ok, so that's a completely different version of the claim you just made.

I suppose it's to your credit that you are such an exceeding bad liar; you must not get much practice.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:50 pm
Ok, so that's a completely different version of the claim you just made.

I suppose it's to your credit that you are such an exceeding bad liar; you must not get much practice.
Would it help you to believe if I told you Doc, his mother, thinks he likes killing people and enjoyed hunting down Shining Path communists?

Granted he's a bit long in the tooth but he still gets the occasional assignments body guarding rich Mexicans and a training foray or two.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Darren, I wished you were right about Iran being screwed, but I don’t so. In the end, Covid 19 will make no difference unless it decides to kill off the Mullahs, which is not going to happen. The Mullahs don’t care how many of the little people die. When this is over they go back to killing people if they ever stopped.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Darren

Post by Darren »

liberty wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:37 pm
Darren, I wished you were right about Iran being screwed, but I don’t so. In the end, Covid 19 will make no difference unless it decides to kill off the Mullahs, which is not going to happen. The Mullahs don’t care how many of the little people die. When this is over they go back to killing people if they ever stopped.
That was the opinion of my friend too. The mullahs do not care about the people. The best that can be expected is maybe a year or two respite from the terror depending on how disrupted their networks are.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

You know it's bad when liberty doesn't even buy your bullshit.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Looks like the Iranian fast boats will be entertaining gunners mates.

We had a small arms locker just off the bridge by radio because of the nukes on board for the ASROC. That was a we can't confirm nor deny.

During the security drills everyone not armed was to freeze in place while the ship was searched by the armed gunners mates

I can envision sailors lining the rails qualifying while the Iranian boats race by.

We mollycoddled the pirates off Somalia except for the ones that attacked the Maersk ship, the Russians did the DRT thing.

"WASHINGTON, April 22 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he had instructed the U.S. Navy to fire on any Iranian ships that harass it at sea, a week after 11 vessels from Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy (IRGCN) came dangerously close to U.S. ships in the Gulf."

https://news.trust.org/item/20200422114308-lxu7g/

liberty

Post by liberty »

Crackpot wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:11 pm
You know it's bad when liberty doesn't even buy your bullshit.
How do you figure I don’t agree with Darren? I agree that the downfall of the Mullahs would be a good thing, but I think he is being overly optimistic. That is the problem with wanting something too much it sometimes affects one perception. It would be nice to have a world of peace with no thugs, but it is not going to happen.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Darren wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:48 pm

I can envision sailors lining the rails qualifying while the Iranian boats race by.
What are they qualifying in?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Darren

Post by Darren »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:10 pm
Darren wrote:

When I made E4 I had to take turns standing petty office of the watch when the ship was in port. During watch I had a .45 with one cartridge in the magazine and the magazine wasn't supposed to be in the handgun unless there was a reason.

At sea they gave us a go with a magazine with three cartridges to fire the .45 into the sea from the fantail.

Firing three shots into the sea was my qualification to carry a .45.

dales

Post by dales »

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I assume that this is what Darren is on about now?
ETA:

...or...Image
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Darren wrote:

Proficiency with small arms or the Ma Deuce.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Darren

Post by Darren »

Germany finally banned the political group of Hezbollah.

"Germany on Thursday completely banned Lebanon's Iran-backed Hezbollah movement from carrying out activities on its soil, as police raided mosques and venues linked to the group."

https://www.france24.com/en/20200430-ge ... ds-mosques

RayThom

Iran is screwed.

Post by RayThom »

Darren wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:30 am
Germany finally banned the political group of Hezbollah.

"Germany on Thursday completely banned Lebanon's Iran-backed Hezbollah movement from carrying out activities on its soil, as police raided mosques and venues linked to the group."

https://www.france24.com/en/20200430-ge ... ds-mosques
Darren, with all your spot on professional, and quasi-political insight, what group do you think is next?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Darren wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:49 pm
ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Darren wrote:

When I made E4 I had to take turns standing petty office of the watch when the ship was in port. During watch I had a .45 with one cartridge in the magazine and the magazine wasn't supposed to be in the handgun unless there was a reason.

At sea they gave us a go with a magazine with three cartridges to fire the .45 into the sea from the fantail.

At school we had a rifle range*: .303 Lee Enfields, bolt action. Last time I shot, Sgt Major Cornelius told me I was wasting ammunition. I've borne that humiliation bravely for 55 years 4 months and 2 days and I privately weep about it now less often than I used to. But I suspect that had my target been the sea from the fantail I might have hit it once or twice, thus bringing a smile to Sgt Major Cornelius' face and he would have awarded me the Marksman badge which I so coveted.

* Post war Britain: you never knew when Jerry might take it into his head to come marching in.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Combined Cadet Force, eh exk-A? Surprised they let you loose with a .303 SMLE that wasn't rejiggered as a .22

I had to wait 40 years to put .303 rounds from one of my own Lees into targets (but I'd already got the badge for the .22 :nana ). Such fun!
Last edited by MajGenl.Meade on Fri May 01, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

Darren wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:49 pm

I didn't even have that. In fact, I never once fired the .45 I carried as POOW. Qualification was basically being able to load the magazine into it without dropping it, as well as being able to operate it enough to prove it wasn't loaded. We did carry a mag with 7 rounds which we had to account for, but not in the weapon. The GMs on the ship said they weren't sure the quarterdeck .45 was even functional, as they'd been in the ship since before it was commissioned 30 years prior. They'd been dry cycled so many times the firing pins were probably seized.

We did shoot a .22 chambered M1911 in boot camp, maybe 7 rounds? At least it was at a target.

On the ship, they did have us do a familiarization fire with the M14 off the flight deck (and yes, the instructions were "hit water"). Many of the sailors did get to do actual training, and even went to the range for a ribbon shoot but I never got that opportunity. It wasn't until I was in the reserves of all places I actually got real firearms training, though by then we had "upgraded" to the M9. So I had quals on the M9, the M16, the .50 M2, the M60, and a Mossberg shotgun.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Iran the country of camel piss and methanol alcohol swigging for killing corona virus. What could possibly go wrong? Iran's population is around 82 million.

"The Iranian regime asserts that there have only been about 94,500 cases and more than 6,000 deaths, although that claim flies in the face of what experts, dissident groups, and even some elements within Iran’s own government have said.

The National Council of Resistance of Iran, a leading dissident group that has advocated for regime change, claims that it has tallied nearly 38,000 deaths associated with COVID-19 since the pandemic began.

Mujahedeen-e-Khalq, which falls under the NCRI umbrella, is viewed as a terrorist organization in Iran and has had members arrested and killed over the years. Officials with the dissident group told the Washington Examiner that they have affiliates all over the country reporting data about the actual numbers of those who have died."