Iran is screwed.

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Crackpot

Re: Iran is screwed.

Post by Crackpot »

Compared to bleach and UV lights?
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Crackpot wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:58 pm
You missed the medical news. Google is still your friend.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Darren wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:37 pm
Crackpot wrote:
Darren, I may be slow on the uptake but it sure appears that almost everyone in PlanB is either ignoring you or humoring you.

What's you take?
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Darren

Post by Darren »

RayThom wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:21 pm
Darren wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:37 pm
Crackpot wrote:
Darren, I may be slow on the uptake but it sure appears that almost everyone in PlanB is either ignoring you or humoring you.

What's you take?
Now that we know hydoxychoroquine works and other treatments do too, there's not much left to support the mediademic. I'm hanging in until the Flynn shit show starts. Once he's exonerated and until the beatings and screaming starts, I'll place the class on hold. Depending on the indictments I may or may not restart.

FWIW Brennan, according to the grapevine, is an asshole just like Flynn but you can use other unpleasantries to describe him.

China's and Iran's problems point to a different future than many would expect or predict. Either way America will benefit.

This a somewhat unique group in its expression. I find the group useful for my ongoing search for insight into human nature. Others groups are the polar opposite. Echo chambers were never my thing. Some need the feedback for reinforcement. I do not.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Darren, that was a somewhat interesting response.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Darren

Post by Darren »

"An attempt by Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani to wrest control of Iraq’s Popular Mobilisation Forces from Iranian-backed factions has ended with the national Shia leader giving a green light instead for the dismantling of the militia alliance, military commanders and officials have told Middle East Eye.

That process began last week when four armed factions associated with Sistani, the most senior cleric in the holy city of Najaf, were disengaged from the Popular Mobilisation Authority, which oversees the PMFs, and placed under tthhe direct command of the head of the Iraqi armed forces.

The four factions which were withdrawn were the Imam Ali Brigade, the Ali al-Akbar Brigade, the Abbas Combat Brigade, and the Ansar al-Marjiyya Brigade.

Their withdrawal is significant because the PMA was established by then-Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki in June 2014 to coordinate the response to a fatwa issued by Sistani calling on Iraqis to join the fight against the Islamic State (IS) group.

Sistani’s fatwa was clear that those fighting IS should do so only under the command of the regular Iraqi security forces.

But Maliki caused controversy by instead creating the PMA and handing over its leadership to two of Iran’s key allies: his national security adviser Faleh al-Fayyad as president, and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the founder of most of the Iraqi armed factions associated with Iran, as his influential deputy."

RayThom

Iran is screwed.

Post by RayThom »

To read the complete article that Darren cut-and-pasted above just click on the link below.

Iraqi Shia leader Sistani moves to break Iran's grip over militia movement
https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/reve ... a-movement

I'm beginning to think Darren has a compulsive need to be recognized. I bet people around him are starting to ignore him, too.

dales

Post by dales »

I'm beginning to think Darren has a compulsive need to be recognized. I bet people around him are starting to ignore him, too.
Doesn't have a lot on his mind.

I suggested a few days ago that Darrin should push himself away from his computer, go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather (wearing a face mask of course).

He seems stuck.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I think Darren has covid induced agoraphobia.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

He doesn't like dancing with others

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Darren

Post by Darren »

Associated Press May 7, 2020, 2:58 PM EDT

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. is pulling two Patriot missile batteries and some fighter aircraft out of Saudi Arabia, an American official said Thursday, amid tensions between the kingdom and the Trump administration over oil production.

The official said the decision removes two batteries that were guarding oil facilities in Saudi Arabia but leaves two Patriot batteries at Prince Sultan Air Base in the Saudi desert, along with other air defense systems and jet fighters.

The decision scales back the American presence in Saudi Arabia just months after the Pentagon began a military buildup there to counter threats from Iran. About 300 troops that staff the two batteries would also leave Saudi Arabia, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive military operations."

RayThom

Iran is screwed.

Post by RayThom »

But wait, there's more.

https://apnews.com/2f2a7fd8afa0faf06edbf9a12c063c60

I think Darren is cutting and pasting lesser news items just to keep his name out there.

Like his leader he seeks constant recognition and validation.

Darren

Post by Darren »

I'm thinking more of our troops will be coming home soon. Have you read about any rocket attacks on Israel lately?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I also haven't read of any atomic weapons being used in anger in almost 75 years.  Does that mean we can stand down our ballistic missile submarine fleet or the United States Strategic Command (the successor to the Strategic Air Command of the 1950s through 1970s) too?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Darren

Post by Darren »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:57 am
I also haven't read of any atomic weapons being used in anger in almost 75 years.  Does that mean we can stand down our ballistic missile submarine fleet or the United States Strategic Command (the successor to the Strategic Air Command of the 1950s through 1970s) too?
-"BB"-
Trump is already on record as wanting to reduce our involvement overseas. With China ascendant I wouldn't expect the assets you mentioned to be dismantled.

There should be more efforts in the Pacific similar to the discussion to get Europe to bear more of NATO's costs. That's going on with South Korea too. Japan has already been expanding their naval fleet. India has operated aircraft carriers since the 60's and has plans for more.

Trump's visit to India had more significance than the media knew or reported. The ripples from Trump's first two foreign trips are still producing results.

It also makes sense to weed out the incompetence ballooning the defense budget to $700 billion and redirect that money to infrastructure restoration and health care.

The article "Is Iran leaving Syria" just came out. Watch for more demonstrations against Iranian involvement in Iraq.

"At the height of the civil war, Iran, one of the main backers of the regime of President Bashar al-Assad, sent thousands of troops and ferried countless weapons into the war-torn country. Not only was it propping up the regime which was at risk of collapse, under the watchful eye of Soleimani, Iran’s aspirations of regional hegemony almost came to pass.

The death of Solemani, viewed by even Israeli defense officials as an incredible frontline commander and mastermind, was a major strike to Iran’s plans."

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/is-ir ... ria-627265

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

You are aware, I assume, that ever since MacArthur rammed his personally-approved Japanese constitution down the throats of a conquered enemy (especially the provisions of Article 9), the Japanese haven't been allowed to have any military units except for civil protection and homeland defense?  Frankly, I don't think they're going to be of much use against anything more organized than a troop of Japanese girl scouts.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

dales

Post by dales »

They have F-35's, a fairly robust submarine force, and are well-trained.

I wouldn't discount the Japanese Home Defense Forces.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Darren

Post by Darren »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:49 pm
You are aware, I assume, that ever since MacArthur rammed his personally-approved Japanese constitution down the throats of a conquered enemy (especially the provisions of Article 9), the Japanese haven't been allowed to have any military units except for civil protection and homeland defense?  Frankly, I don't think they're going to be of much use against anything more organized than a troop of Japanese girl scouts.
-"BB"-
The Izumo will carry F35s. Their Kongo class destroyers is based on our Arleigh Burke class. The Kongos have the Aegis system. The JMSDF has a fleet of 154 ships and 346 aircraft and consists of approximately 45,800 personnel.

RayThom

Iran is screwed.

Post by RayThom »

Man, that "troop of Japanese girl scouts" are in for a heap o' trouble if diplomacy fails when needed.

Darren

Post by Darren »

RayThom wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:04 am
Man, that "troop of Japanese girl scouts" are in for a heap o' trouble if diplomacy fails when needed.
The Japanese have been steadily expanding their fleet. The latest carrier was not received well by the Chinese.

"TAIPEI - Japan is shaping up as China’s chief rival in the disputed South China Sea because it has a sustained, multi-pronged approach and a unique set of reasons to test Beijing’s growing influence, analysts say.

The country has emerged since 2017 as a force in the sea. It works with the United States on joint naval exercises including one from May 2-8 that also involved warships from India and the Philippines. Japan has separately sent its Izumo-class helicopter carrier to the sea at least four times since 2017. That year it took a three-month tour.

Japan, unlike the United States, is helping Southeast Asian claimants to the South China Sea develop infrastructure and maritime firepower. Japanese officials don’t claim the sea, but a separate territorial dispute with China motivates them to keep a watch on Chinese influence. Japanese citizens tend to support foreign policy targeting China, analysts say.