Another COVID-19 Thread

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

Re: Another COVID-19 Thread

Post by Gob »

If any of the elderly or sick in the village are worried about going shopping or anywhere and they need help getting things. My inbox is always open, send me a message and me or the wife will go and get it for you.
From our village Facebook page. A great number of people, (me included obvs,) have signed up, and now Steve is organising our response.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Guinevere wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:23 am
My crazy conservative uncle has bought into the “China sent this to us because they hate our economic strength” conspiracy theory. :cry: :shock: :roll: :loon :arg :o
Ha! He's 180 degrees wrong and you can prove it!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/insid ... 2020-03-15
As coronavirus cases dwindle in China, and explode across the rest of the world, Beijing is undertaking a campaign to shift blame for the emergence of the disease to a familiar foe — the United States.

The seemingly coordinated effort to, at minimum, sow doubts about the virus’s origin, and, at its most extreme, to directly accuse the U.S. military of creating and spreading the pathogen, has come from Chinese medical leaders, ambassadors and Foreign Ministry spokespersons — not to mention the hundreds of thousands of comments on Chinese social media echoing the conspiracy theories
And for any who still doubt . . . the definitive evidence that USA and Europe are to blame:

https://ewn.co.za/2020/03/15/virus-god- ... e-minister
HARARE – Zimbabwe's defence minister has called the coronavirus pandemic a "punishment" of the US and Europe for imposing sanctions against members of the ruling regime over human rights abuses."Coronavirus is the work of god punishing countries who imposed sanctions on us," said Zimbabwe's defence minister Oppah Muchinguri on Saturday, speaking at a rally in the northern town of Chinhoyi.

"They are now staying indoors. Their economies are screaming just like they did to our economy."
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Fuck you Gob - this guy has in the last few days made apologies for a serial rapist, belittled his victims, and is now tearing on poor people and me for caring about them.

Oh and one of the men here posted very nearly the same sentiments about BB’s disgusting nature and resulting perpetual INCEL status and didn’t get a lecture from you - fucking sexist.

Go into the controls and delete my account - now, today.

Goodbye.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Gob wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:28 pm

If anyone ever posted something here to you even remotely in that vain, you'd have one of your regular screaming fits and leave permanently again, (for the 17 th. time.)

BoSoxGal wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:51 pm
Fuck you Gob - this guy has in the last few days made apologies for a serial rapist, belittled his victims, and is now tearing on poor people and me for caring about them.

Oh and one of the men here posted very nearly the same sentiments about BB’s disgusting nature and resulting perpetual INCEL status and didn’t get a lecture from you - fucking sexist.

Goodbye.
Things you couldn't make up part XXVII.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:53 pm
If any of the elderly or sick in the village are worried about going shopping or anywhere and they need help getting things. My inbox is always open, send me a message and me or the wife will go and get it for you.
From our village Facebook page. A great number of people, (me included obvs,) have signed up, and now Steve is organising our response.
I or the wife . . .
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:

Goodbye.
Since she's leaving — again — I feel I can post this without having her fire off the by-now standard "fuck you" response:
At your age and with your temperament, BSG, just how much are YOU getting these days?

I noticed you were crying poor in one of your posts the other day.  I've heard that there are people willing to pay serious money to be abused, belittled, and ridiculed; maybe you should find a couple of them and go into business for yourself as a dominatrix.  That sounds like something that would be right up your alley.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Guinevere wrote:
My crazy conservative uncle has bought into the “China sent this to us because they hate our economic strength” conspiracy theory. :cry: :shock: :roll: :loon :arg :o
Y'all knew this was coming, right? It's Jewish Conspiracy time already, folks!
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BSG, you and BB should get a room!

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

BoSoxGal wrote:

Goodbye.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: she'll be back.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I hope so. She loves BB more than she hates him.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:06 am

I think she loves you more. She ever reads your posts and responds. No one has gotten as many "fuck you" salutes as you.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I think BSG and I have a love/hate relationship. She loves to hate me. I'm just here for the entertainment.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:31 am
I think BSG and I have a love/hate relationship. She loves to hate me. I'm just here for the entertainment.
I was pretty sure you found her hot tempered.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

You're right. I think most others would agree.

Anyway, I hope she comes back again. She may want to change her name to Boomerang Sometimes Gal, though.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:06 am
Joe Guy wrote:
I think she loves you more. She ever reads your posts and responds. No one has gotten as many "fuck you" salutes as you.
I'm too lazy to go back and count and compare, but I'm sure the number of times she has suggested I engage in the reproductive act runs into the double digits.
Or maybe Joe Guy is right; BSG loves me more than she hates me and the "fuck you" responses were her way of making the initial overture, but I was just too naïve to recognize it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:58 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Joe Guy wrote:
I'm too lazy to go back and count and compare, but I'm sure the number of times she has suggested I engage in the reproductive act runs into the double digits.
Or maybe Joe Guy is right; BSG loves me more than she hates me and the "fuck you" responses were her way of making the initial overture, but I was just too naïve to recognize it.
-"BB"-
She seems to be available. You should go for it.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I heard she likes long walks on the beach, preferably near a lighthouse by Lake Superior.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:04 am
Bicycle Bill wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:58 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
She seems to be available. You should go for it.
Thanks for the encouragement, but I think I'll take a pass on that.... (and I'm sure, wherever BSG may be lurking, that she's glad to know that too)
-"BB"-

Gob

Post by Gob »

Guinevere wrote:
He may be right!! Look to the amazing scientist who knows lots, probably more than anyone else, who is doing bigly, for advice.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Ugh, was there ever a more transparent attempt at deflecting responsibility while pandering to racism and xenophobia? If you can imagine all the worst human tendencies,Trump just exudes them all, constantly. It's revolting.
GAH!