So I Decided to Order Groceries for Delivery

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

Re: So I Decided to Order Groceries for Delivery

Post by Gob »

I managed to grab a 480 bag of Yorkshire teabags today, (my brew of choice.)

I will survive now.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Why 480? And how long would that last you? I am mystified by the world of tea-drinkers.
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Is there a tradition that teabags are supplied in multiples of 12 (in civilized countries and England)? Please, no discussion of tea-bagging.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Never thought of that before!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

In U.S., a box of 20 is typical (just checked my Twinings and Tazo).

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

see "civilized countries" :D
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

RayThom

So I Decided to Order Groceries for Delivery

Post by RayThom »

My English father usually referred to teabags as "disaster bags." It was almost always loose tea while growing up in my parents house.

Some traditions are hard to break. Rarely do I use the bag but Tetley black tea will work in a pinch. Mostly, however, I like my own personal blend of loose tea. One part Orange Pekoe, one part Earl Grey, and one part Irish Breakfast, and then I mix it all up in my 50 year old Crabtree & Evelyn tea caddy.

Now that's a cup a' tea.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Speaking of uncivilized countries, how much tea do they actually grow in Yorkshire?
GAH!

Gob

Post by Gob »

RayThom wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:41 pm
My English father usually referred to teabags as "disaster bags." It was almost always loose tea while growing up in my parents house.

Some traditions are hard to break. Rarely do I use the bag but Tetley black tea will work in a pinch. Mostly, however, I like my own personal blend of loose tea. One part Orange Pekoe, one part Earl Grey, and one part Irish Breakfast, and then I mix it all up in my 50 year old Crabtree & Evelyn tea caddy.

Now that's a cup a' tea.

Respect dude!

Gob

Post by Gob »

Sue U wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:42 pm
Speaking of uncivilized countries, how much tea do they actually grow in Yorkshire?
Not much, or none actually. But we do grow it here in Cornwall.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I think Saturday I may have hubby drive me out to Amish country and see what we can score meat wise. they have little stores out in the boonies and often know farmers selling other meat items. Cash and carry.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Guinevere wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:24 am
I still can’t get chicken. I’m going to have to venture out to an actual grocery store today. You may not eat my cat if I don’t come back.
I made it back. Got ground lamb, and rib eye steaks, but no chicken. Three stores, one lonely chicken leg among them. The seafood all looked anemic (beyond sad considering where I live), but there was lovely fresh sushi, so that’s lunch today and tomorrow.

I want to make indian butter chicken, but it looks like I’ll be making it with roasted tofu instead (which is probably necessary to balance out the ribeyes and the lamb).
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I also got chocolate digestives and shortbread to go with Gob’s cuppa(s).
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Guinevere wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:04 pm
Guinevere wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:24 am
I still can’t get chicken. I’m going to have to venture out to an actual grocery store today. You may not eat my cat if I don’t come back.
I made it back. Got ground lamb, and rib eye steaks, but no chicken. Three stores, one lonely chicken leg among them. The seafood all looked anemic (beyond sad considering where I live), but there was lovely fresh sushi, so that’s lunch today and tomorrow.

I want to make indian butter chicken, but it looks like I’ll be making it with roasted tofu instead (which is probably necessary to balance out the ribeyes and the lamb).

Stop saying butter chicken! For all that is holy my favorite place is shut down and I am starving for some.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

It’s really easy. Seriously. There are a million recipes on-line and I have taken a little from each and make my own version. Its fabtabulous.

Want some basic recipes?

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

We got plenty chicken here, also a nice-looking side of salmon. Doing something with boneless/skinless chicken thighs and mushrooms tonight. Not really eating mammals anymore as a concession to the youngest daughter, who'd prefer we go full vegetarian.
GAH!

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I eat vegan/vegetarian (depending on where I land on cheese and butter that day) a few days a week. And then I eat flesh.

Mushrooms and chicken thighs is fabu. Try the Nom Nom Paleo sheet pan chicken and mushrooms. You have to find her mushroom seasoning. Its awesome.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Guinevere wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:21 pm
It’s really easy. Seriously. There are a million recipes on-line and I have taken a little from each and make my own version. Its fabtabulous.

Want some basic recipes?
I laugh. I can't really safely stand up and cook. I have this scooter thing that tries to throw me off. I had husband leave me a little cooler of drinks and some snacks that were easily reachable. :cry: I have cooked butter chicken a few times in the past.But thanks for the offer.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Guinevere wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:27 pm
Try the Nom Nom Paleo sheet pan chicken and mushrooms.
Thanks for the tip, looks too easy not to make! I'll let you know how it turns out.
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Guinevere wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:06 pm
I also got chocolate digestives and shortbread to go with Gob’s cuppa(s).
Yes!!!! :ok