Meghan, Harry and Greta-not

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Guinevere

Re: Meghan, Harry and Greta-not

Post by Guinevere »

Scooter wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:26 am
Yet again America will defeat the British Crown by spilling tea.

-- David Gardner
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Here's the REAL story ......
Queen Elizabeth Disappointed
In New Royal Baby Boy’s
Lack Of Proper Inbreeding

Meghan Markle Reveals Royals Worried Her Son
Wouldn’t Have Family’s Sickly, Rancid Skin
(the rest of the story)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

They weren't so much worried about his skin colour, but that he'd turn out ginger, like his dad and grandfather.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

Guinevere wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:03 pm
Remember, women should be seen and not heard. And preferably not even seen. Especially when they are brown-skinned American members of the royal family. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Your evidence for this? Haven't we heard nothing but Megs and Haz whining on about how hard done by they are?
Guinevere wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:03 pm
What, exactly has the royal family done which make any of you believe them instead of Meghan and Harry? How are they icons of modernity and tolerance?
What have Haz and Megs done to make you believe them? Apart from her having "brown" skin that is? (If I was served tea that "brown" I'd send it back.)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Why do you feel it necessary to mock a woman (and the man supporting her) telling her truth?
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Gob

Post by Gob »

Because "her truth" may be untrue, again, why should I be racist and believe her over others, just because she has "brown" skin?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

What real cruelty did she suffer? I did not watch the interview. According to newspaper reports, She was under house arrest and kept from any outside communication when she began asking about emotional/psychological therapy.

snailgate

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Father Nathan Monk
Last night Tashina and I sat down to watch the Meghan and Harry interview because we were fascinated by the mental health discussion. It’s not everyday that such high profile figures openly discuss self harm ideation and suicide.

What I didn’t expect was to relate to their story so much. I mean, it’s not like I have a whole lot in common with British royalty... other than that Harry and I share similarly gorgeous red beards. I certainly didn’t expect to be filled with waves of emotions like I did. But as I watched for the hour and a half, I couldn’t help but see remarkable similarities to my own life, and the lives of so many of us, even if those things that make us dissimilar are profound and vast.

Harry and I were born in the same year, just a month away from each other, but we’ve lived worlds apart. He grew up in a palace and I grew up poor in the rural South. My family eventually ended up homeless. It sounds much more like the Prince and the Pauper than anything else. However, some of the words he kept using sounded so similar. I recognized that pain. It’s a pain that no amount of palace walls, privilege, or money can spare you from.

Feeling like you are a disappointment to your family.

That is a feeling I’ve felt numerous times in my life. What Harry was describing during that interview is called deconstruction. It’s a process that many of us have had to go through who’ve started a journey of healing. It’s when we have to take apart the pieces of our lives, beliefs, and experiences and decide what is good and beneficial and what needs to go on the burn pile.

I too married a divorced woman and I got bonus points for her being a single mom. Tashina is a white passing Indigenous American. Much like Harry, I stupidly thought the world was going to react a different way. It’s a strange feeling when all of a sudden you realize a conversation with someone has switched. The sick feeling when you realize, that they realize, that she’s what they perceive as different and they begin to treat her with prejudice. That uncomfortable feeling quickly morphs into, “what do I have to do to keep my family safe?”

When Harry talked about the fact that he didn’t realize that he was trapped, I felt that. I didn’t realize I was trapped in religious ideologies either. I didn’t realize how deep that river flowed. Not until I saw that it was literally destroying my wife.

During my teen years, I grew up in the True Love Waits culture. The church my family attended used I Kissed Dating Goodbye like an extension of the gospels. So my wife being a clearly non-virginal divorcee was an issue. One family member described her as being demonic and a succubus. When I ultimately made the decision to step away from the Church, my wife was blamed as pulling me away from my faith.

What I heard Meghan and Harry describing had an equivalency of people leaving a cult. At first they attempted to reconcile their problems within the system and they quickly found themselves shunned, cut off, and ultimately on the run. Without a doubt, they had access that most people don’t. It would be foolish to ignore many of the privileges they had, even in spite of the unique circumstance.

That being said, I couldn’t help but think about how Harry was born into this. Just like we are all born into the ideologies of our families, good or bad. He was trapped in a system and couldn’t see it because it was normalized to him. He didn’t question why he didn’t have access to his passport or money or freedom. It wasn’t until someone who had lived a much more normal life came in and started pointing out those red flags that his eyes were opened.

I think many millennials saw a lot of themselves in this story. The gaslighting, the inability to ever ascend, and the complete control of their lives felt eerily similar. We may not have ever lived in a castle but I think we’ve all had moments where we felt trapped in the dungeon.

The resounding message I heard from the interview was that they didn’t want, “history to repeat itself.” I think that could likely be the mantra of our generation. That we are exhausted by the continued cycles that seem set on a perpetual repeat: racism, war, violence, and oppression. We are exhausted from seeing people marching gleefully back toward some of the darkest parts of our collective history. For so many, all we want to do is escape. We know what it feels like when it feels like the only way out might be death.

I think there were a lot of lessons to be learned from this discussion about mental health, racism, and the deeply imbedded institutions that fear change. But change is going to come because more and more of us are choosing to break out of the systems that bind us.

-- Author unknown

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:44 am
Here's the REAL story ......
Queen Elizabeth Disappointed
In New Royal Baby Boy’s
Lack Of Proper Inbreeding

Meghan Markle Reveals Royals Worried Her Son
Wouldn’t Have Family’s Sickly, Rancid Skin
(the rest of the story)
-"BB"-
What racist said that? So called white skin is not sick skin.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It's from the Onion, moron.

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Lib's concerned because he's heard the Onion is red all over
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Notice how he missed the part about 'inbreeding' and jumped immediately to the 'whiteness' aspect of the article?
Maybe it's because his family tree doesn't fork, either.

♫♪ "Grab your sister, skip to my lou... " ♪♫
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Funny isn't it? A woman who has fallen out with her own family and friends, has now fallen out with her in-laws.

People are surprised at this?

Prince Andrew; "It wasn't me who made the racist remark. I was down the fish and chip shop at the time."

36 year old man complains his father doesn't pay for his lifestyle. Nation grieves in sympathy.

(I'm adding these as I think of them.)

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Meghan told a porky:
Meghan said she and Harry had a secret marriage ceremony with the Archbishop of Canterbury in their “backyard” three days before their royal wedding. “No one knows that – the spectacle was for the world,” the duchess told Winfrey. “But we want our union for us.” She also told Oprah that the marriage certificate that hangs at her home is the one that has the date of the private ceremony.

However it was later clarified that the secret ceremony would be best described as a private exchange of vows rather than a formal marriage.
Color me surprised
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Meghan mangles Menglish:
“What was hard to get over was being blamed for something that not only I didn’t do but what happened to me and the people that were a part of my wedding going to my comms team, saying, I know this didn’t happen”
And Harry blathers in mangular fashon too:
“When you’re head of The Firm there is people around you that give you advice. And what has also made me really sad is some of that advice has been really bad.”
Never thought I'd say Piers Morgan is maybe correct.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:51 am
Meghan told a porky:
Meghan said she and Harry had a secret marriage ceremony with the Archbishop of Canterbury in their “backyard” three days before their royal wedding. “No one knows that – the spectacle was for the world,” the duchess told Winfrey. “But we want our union for us.” She also told Oprah that the marriage certificate that hangs at her home is the one that has the date of the private ceremony.

However it was later clarified that the secret ceremony would be best described as a private exchange of vows rather than a formal marriage.
Color me surprised
I want to see that marriage certificate. Was a Sharpie used to enter the date?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:55 am
Never thought I'd say Piers Morgan is maybe correct.
Yes: it hurts, doesn't it.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

What if they agree with you?