Meghan, Harry and Greta-not

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
MajGenl.Meade

Meghan, Harry and Greta-not

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Fish-wrapper reports
MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry could have to speak with President Donald Trump to help ensure they receive US taxpayer-funded Secret Service protection according to reports.

Meghan and Harry may have no choice but to speak with President Trump to ask if they can have “diplomatic protection” in the US according to the Mail Online. The POTUS now holds the power to decide whether to grant the Sussexes security agents for their new Hollywood lifestyle.

As of the 31 of March, Meghan and Harry will no longer be classed as 'international protected' as the pair complete their step down as senior royals. If the pair had remained part of the royal family, they would have been entitled to secret service agents that are allowed to carry weapons. However, as Harry and Meghan will be quitting the firm, the lines are blurry as to whether they are permitted that privilege any longer.

A source told the Mail: “It will be down to Harry or his Met Police protection officers to ask for help.

“There is a reciprocal agreement between the US that allows protection officers to carry their weapons. But Harry is no longer a serving royal and that is why his protection in Canada from the Mounties was withdrawn. Someone is going to have to ask the State Department, and ultimately the decision rests with Donald Trump, for assistance. Harry cannot live in the US without armed protection.”

The move to America has surprised many after Prince Harry’s latest comments on president Trump where he accused the president of having “blood on his hands”. Harry who fell for a prank call by Russian hoaxers, claimed the POTUS is one of the “sick people” running the world. The Duke believed that he was speaking to Greta Thunberg and her father on the phone when it turned out to be two famous hoaxers.

Harry said: “I think the mere fact that Donald Trump is pushing the coal industry is so big in America, he has blood on his hands.... Unfortunately the world is being led by some very sick people so the people like yourselves and the younger generation are the ones that are going to make all the difference.”

Meanwhile, Meghan previously suggested she wouldn’t move back to LA while Trump is president. Back in 2016 ahead of the election, Meghan blasted Trump as “divisive” and a “misogynist” on Comedy Central’s “The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore.”
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/12 ... yal-family
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Re: Meghan, Harry and Greta-not

Post by BoSoxGal »

If they get one thin dime of US taxpayer funded security - well FUCK those two spoilt entitled assholes. Their poor little kid, surely to be raised to also be a spoilt entitled asshole. FUCK THEM. People are dying for want of medical care in this country by the tens of thousands every year, and they have a perfectly secure ‘cottage’ (mansion to the rest of us) sitting empty for them in Windsor. Go the fuck home and let the security apparatus there protect you, and grow a fucking skin to ‘cope’ with a little bit of nasty press. Or, break into your own TENS OF MILLIONS fortune and PAY YOUR OWN WAY!!!!!

Fucking spoilt entitled grifters.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I really hope they ask Trump and I pray he gives them the middle finger in response.

Gob

Post by Gob »

I wouldn't mind giving Meghan the middle finger...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I basically agree with BSG on this (though perhaps with less colorful language 8-) )

With no foreign government status, they are nothing but visiting wealthy celebrities when they come to this country. Elton John doesn't get tax payer funded secret service protection when he visits the US, why should they?

If they have any decency, they wont even have temerity to request Secret Service protection. Let them pay for their own security like any other wealthy celebrities would.
ImageImageImage

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Another question - how did they get to the U.S. after the Canada-U.S. border was closed to non-essential travel? There was certainly no reason associated with an essential business that caused them to leave B.C.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Scooter wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:54 pm
Another question - how did they get to the U.S. after the Canada-U.S. border was closed to non-essential travel? There was certainly no reason associated with an essential business that caused them to leave B.C.
Supposedly they got out before the border closed:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/27/prince- ... -12464351/
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I'm curious about Harry's visa status. Obviously Meghan is a US citizen so he can get a green card as her spouse although AFAIK he has to wait in line and it can take months for the application to go through. Sports personalities and ballet dancers and Elton John get a P (as in Performance) visa. Harry despite having attended one of the most exclusive schools in the world has two A levels - a B in Art and a D in Geography and as far as I know does not sing or dance or play an instrument so I don't think he'd get a P visa. It may be that when he gave that speech to JP Morgan (for half a mill by some accounts) he was still 'Royal' so maybe he had a diplomatic visa (A). I don't think he'd qualify for one now: so he's SOL until he gets the visa. Meghan has to sponsor him and he is allowed to reside in the country but he is not allowed to work until the visa comes through.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Couldn’t he get a genius visa like Melanoma did?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Trump did indeed give them the middle finger.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:21 pm
Couldn’t he get a genius visa like Melanoma did?
They do both have naked pictures of themselves all over the internet.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Two independent items that bear on this issue: 1) MEGHAN MARKLE is a natural born US citizen, born at Los Angeles CA. 2) POTUS is a suck up to any who have Royal connections. The first is interesting because The Duchess of Sussex did surrender her USofA passport and renounce her US citizenship as a condition of becoming a Royal. But as of April Fool's Day, she will not be. Perhaps she will quietly have her US passport restored.
On the second, POTUS is perfectly predictable. Meghan is a good looking babe. Trump would do anything for a selfie with her and picture of Trump together with her on the front page of The National Enquirer.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!

3:00 PM - Mar 29, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

104K people are talking about this

Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Or something like that.

Anyway, while it was a no brainer Trump because he’s challenged deserves credit for getting it right.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

They never asked for U.S. public funding for their security, and already had private security in place. This was a non-story, but it distracted us for a few seconds from the big issues of the day, you know, watch Ozark first, or wait until we've gotten through Brooklyn 99.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

They milked the Canadian taxpayers and were sending Mounties out to pick up their coffee - so I think it was a legitimate concern.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:30 pm
Obviously Meghan is a US citizen so he can get a green card as her spouse although AFAIK he has to wait in line and it can take months for the application to go through.
And as Meade pointed out:
The Duchess of Sussex did surrender her USofA passport and renounce her US citizenship as a condition of becoming a Royal.
I had completely forgotten that. I haven't seen it mentioned in the stories about them moving to US.

We need a little light relief.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Upon further review . . .

She announced her intention to obtain UK citizenship and started the process. But it takes usually around 3 years and one of the criteria is living in Britain with a few days allowed off for good behavio(u)r. According to The Sun (which is always right) the application has been dropped.

Assuming that to be the case, Harry could apply for a green card as a family member - although of course Trump has been trying to stamp out that practice unless it can be used to further his own interests.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Looks as if he'll have to apply and then wait for 10-12 months for the process to be completed.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Probably, but while the application is pending he will be admitted to the US and can even get a work permit (although I don't know what work he can do, or even has done). I've represented people in a number of these applications, and 10-12 months is likely a good prediction fo the processing time, especially in light of the current slowdowns due to coronavirus.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Can anyone explain this photo from the official SussexRoyal website? I’ve looked at it several times and am still at a loss as to what is that wire hanging over and appearing to be touching Harry’s hat (not sure it actually is)? :shrug (The only guess I came up with is it’s the horsewhip from the carriage driver, but if so why on earth would they use this picture rather than dozens of others without that flaw?)
~ Carl Sagan