Who did you April fool?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

Who did you April fool?

Post by TPFKA@W »

I yelled at my husband, who was in another room, that Trump and a senator where in a fist fight live on the news. He came running to see it. Sad times that this was so believable.

Guinevere

Re: Who did you April fool?

Post by Guinevere »

I was on a Zoom call with my family (having a virtual tea party on what would have been Mom’s 82nd birthday) and almost convinced my boyz that they were going to have to repeat this year of school.

The adults thought it was pretty funny. The boyz were not amused.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

I changed the little wooden block calendar to read "March 32". That was about it for me.

RayThom

Who did you April fool?

Post by RayThom »

I busted the sutures holding my feeding port to my belly. What to do next? I'm waiting for my PCP/Surgeon to get in touch with me. Thank God for duct tape.

And the hilarity continues.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

RayThom wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:16 pm
I busted the sutures holding my feeding port to my belly. What to do next? I'm waiting for my PCP/Surgeon to get in touch with me. Thank God for duct tape.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

RayThom wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:16 pm

I miss the good old days when we used foley catheters as feeding tubes. So much easier to deal with, out with the old and in with the new in under 5 minutes. It didn't hurt the patient and it didn't require a trio to the ER as yours likely will for more stitches.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Duct tape and super glue belong in every first aid kit. I ain't fooling.

snailgate

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I didn't April fool anyone. I'm not the kind of guy who would make silly attempts at humor at the expense of others.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I'm not the kind of guy who would make silly attempts at humor at the expense of others.
Of course not...Never...Perish the thought... :D
ImageImageImage

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Thank you for your support.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I should have pretended to take Darren seriously.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

:lol: Yeah, that would've been a good one.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

I didn't fool anybody. Mrs Mc and I quit playing April Fools pranks after she was involved in a serious car accident on 4/1/1998. I came back to my desk after lunch to find a pink "while you were out" message saying that she was on her way to the hospital. Yeah right.

I did receive the following from a fellow BMW rider yesterday:

BMW announces takeover of Harley-Davidson

(MUNICH, GERMANY) Norbert Reithofer, CEO of Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, announced today that Harley-Davidson Motor Company has accepted a friendly merger agreement by BMW and will combine their motorcycle manufacturing facilities. Mr. Keith E Wandell, CEO of Harley-Davidson, will become president of the the worldwide motorcycle division, which will include the current BMW Motorrad division, Harley-Davidson, and Husqvarna.

"We have long felt the need to diversify our motorcycle production by adding models more attuned to the cruiser market," Herr Reithofer said. "With our current BMW line, our Husqvarna line, and now the new Harley-Davidson line, we will be able to penetrate all parts of the worldwide motorcycle market."

Mr. Wandell stated that the move, which has taken the motorcycling world by surprise, was accepted by Harley-Davidson as a way to strengthen its capital base, which has never recovered from the 2008 financial meltdown. "We also are looking for ways to streamline our operations by combining research and development, design, and marketing components of our motorcycle lines."

The two men showed off a prototype of the kind of combined work the new combined companies will be capable of by announcing the BMW H1600R, which features a Harley motor in the body of the current K1600GT, suitably modified, with a distinctive orange and blue paint scheme to combine the colors of the two companies.

There was also a clay mockup of a version of the current RoadKing Classic with the iconic BMW boxer motor, which is promised for fall introduction.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

My poor husband has been on the receiving end of my April fool's nonsense since our relationship started. He is far too sweet to stage a retaliation, and I am far to cynical and wiley for him anyway. Usually I start talking it up around February, that April 1st is coming and he talks of moving out of state til after April 2nd. Bless his heart.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Didn't BMW actually purchase Harley-Davidson a few years ago?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:39 pm
Didn't BMW actually purchase Harley-Davidson a few years ago?
It's possible.  There was a period there when H-D was a subsidiary of AMF, which at the time was best known for making bowling pinsetters, pool tables, and other recreational equipment.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?