Anyone Here Want To Visit Some Exotic Land?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
dales

Anyone Here Want To Visit Some Exotic Land?

Post by dales »

The countries still reporting zero COVID-19 cases, as of Monday morning, are:

Africa
— Lesotho
— Comoros
Oceania
— Marshall Islands
— Micronesia
— Nauru
— Kiribati
— Palau
— Samoa
— Solomon Islands
— Tonga
— Tuvalu
— Vanuatu
Asia
— North Korea
BON VOYAGE!

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: Anyone Here Want To Visit Some Exotic Land?

Post by Econoline »

I'm pretty sure that most if not all of those places are not letting ANY outsiders in—AT ALL.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I was going to move to Palau to be a prosecutor at one point, few years back. Decided not to because of my dogs - the quarantine and travel requirements would’ve been onerous - and because while interviewing I got the sense the small town politics of the country were going to be just as insanely frustrating as the dusty cowboy town.

Within the last year the American woman prosecutor for the island of Yap was murdered for doing her job, so I think my misgivings were well placed.

Still, living for a few years on an island paradise, snorkeling or scuba diving every day after work, going to court in flip flops just like the judge - would’ve been nice. And no covid.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Believing that North Korea has no Covid-19 cases would be like believing Darren is a font of reliable information...
ImageImageImage

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I'm sure Darren would like to volunteer to go to North Korea in order to learn how they did it. He's always on the lookout for good news stories.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Lord Jim wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:04 am
Believing that North Korea has no Covid-19 cases would be like believing Darren is a font of reliable information...
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The only way to get into Lesotho is to fly to South Africa and then go by road into the land-locked country. Good luck with that! (At least, until April 16 when the no-fly into SA might be called off and the borders with Lesotho (and all other adjacent countries will be opened)

Beautiful country though and the best pass through the mountains that I long to try. Margaretta refuses to allow it. The Sani Pass is only open to 4x4 vehicles but at the top is the highest pub in Africa.

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I have always dreamed of buying a parcel of land in Tibet. I want to herd and tend some yaks and make cheese from their milk and spin yarn from their wool.