China has a problem and it's not the Wuhan flu.

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Darren

No 5nm chip factory for China. USA-OK

Post by Darren »

Ten billions dollars investment destined for the USA.

"Apple supplier Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is set to announce that it plans to build an advanced chip factory in Arizona.

Taiwan-based TSMC is the world's largest contract manufacturer of silicon chipsets and has long been Apple's primary supplier of A-series chips.

Now, TSMC is said to be on the verge of announcing new plans to build out an advanced 5-nanometer facility in Arizona, The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday. "
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Darren

Those cheeky French.

Post by Darren »

"(Reuters) - France dismissed Chinese warnings on Wednesday about selling arms to self-ruled Taiwan, saying it was implementing existing deals and that Beijing should focus on battling the COVID-19 pandemic. "

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: China has a problem and it's not the Wuhan flu.

Post by Bicycle Bill »

May I direct your attention to Wisconsin, where another Republican asshole governor named ⃥S⃥c⃥o⃥t⃥t⃥y⃥ ⃥W⃥a⃥l⃥k⃥e⃥r⃥  Snotty Wanker promised another Taiwanese electronics firm the moon with a fence around it because they promised to build a 'hyuuuge' $10 billion-with-a-'B' facility that would employ 13000 people to manufacture flat-screen LCDs in the eastern Wisconsin/Milwaukee area?  Well, the building is up, but there sure weren't no 13000 employees hired on.

We should have known, of course, when it was revealed that the name of the company was Foxconn — with emphasis on the 'conn'.  But at least we learned. The chief architect of this scam got his walking papers in 2018 when we elected Tony Evers and told ol' Scotty to hit the road.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

dales

Post by dales »

Didn't the genius you have for a governor just declared the entire state opened for business?

Perhaps the dual-use book shelf and coffin combo might become a big seller in the Badger State.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

dales wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 5:37 am
Didn't the genius you have for a governor just declared the entire state opened for business?

Perhaps the dual-use book shelf and coffin combo might become a big seller in the Badger State.
No, that was the Republican-slanted state Supreme Court who are going to have to shoulder the blame — the same court who, by the way, refused to allow the state to extend absentee voting time limits for the election that was held back on the 7th of April and forced voters to choose between 'sheltering in place' or braving the virus and going to the polls in person.  Fortunately, the voters chose to exercise their right to vote and showed Daniel Kelly, who was one of the four Republican incumbent supreme court justices and who had received the support/endorsement of the Liar in Chief, the door by electing Democratic challenger Jill Karofsky to take his place.
(*** note: this was only the second time since 1967 that an incumbent state supreme court justice had been voted out.)

On the 13th, by a vote of 4-3 that went along party lines, the court ruled to strike down Governor Tony Evers' stay-at-home order after a lawsuit by the Republican-led state legislature, although they did allow the portion of the order that kept all K-12 schools closed for the remainder of the school year to remain in effect.  In a move reminiscent of a spoiled six-year-old screaming "I'll show YOU!" in the midst of a temper tantrum, lame-duck justice Kelly cast the deciding vote to strike down the stay-at-home order.

So it wasn't the governor who did this.  It was most assuredly all the assholes in the state legislature with (R) after their names, aided and abetted by the four state supreme court justices who also identify as (R), who showed themselves willing — nay, eager — to sacrifice safety on the altar of Mammon.

It will be interesting, though, to see what the next four weeks bring in terms of new coronavirus cases in the Badger State.  And for now, I personally plan on observing it from the relative safety of my stay-at-home cocoon.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Darren

Post by Darren »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:25 am
May I direct your attention to Wisconsin, where another Republican asshole governor named ⃥S⃥c⃥o⃥t⃥t⃥y⃥ ⃥W⃥a⃥l⃥k⃥e⃥r⃥  Snotty Wanker promised another Taiwanese electronics firm the moon with a fence around it because they promised to build a 'hyuuuge' $10 billion-with-a-'B' facility that would employ 13000 people to manufacture flat-screen LCDs in the eastern Wisconsin/Milwaukee area?  Well, the building is up, but there sure weren't no 13000 employees hired on.

-"BB"-
There's been a few economic development miracles like that though out the US. I've yet to see one that was going to make parts that are critical to the military or industry. TV, monitors, solar panels, etc. are not critical.

With the latest move to fill up all the slots on Taiwan's dance card, don't be surprised when China is super pissed.

But Wait! THERE'S MORE! to come as Trump gets friendlier with Taiwan. I'm thinking recognition of their independence.

The WHO wouldn't allow them to attend a Wuhan flu conference even as observers due to their bbf, China, objecting. That's too bad because Taiwan recognized the Wuhan flu early on and had a successful response.

Once Trump restarts the removal of troops from overseas, I wonder what the odds are of establishing military bases in Taiwan? I'm thinking it's a possibility.

Japan is still restricted to self-defense due to their MacArthur constitution. I wonder what effect a mutual defense pact between the US, Japan and India would have.

Maybe I need to read the Art of the Deal. It might be better than buying a crystal ball.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Maybe I need to read the Art of the Deal.
don't waste your time; betterto read the followup--"Chapter 11 and "How to Screw your Contractors to Make Money", also know as "How to screw Friends and Piss off People". What an Uberman.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Big RR wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:24 pm
Maybe I need to read the Art of the Deal.
don't waste your time; betterto read the followup--"Chapter 11 and "How to Screw your Contractors to Make Money", also know as "How to screw Friends and Piss off People". What an Uberman.
Intuition works especially with lots of information. Then an epissame happens. Camille Paglia made a insightful comment about Trump that cleared up staff issues.

You can either seek to understand or you can join the rest of the pack chasing the car with the blown out muffler. Bad muffler ... bad car, very bad car, extremely horrifically bad car. Must chase. I have to chase. The chase is important to me. My friends are chasing. I must chase too if I wish to maintain my place in dog world.

Does the pack notice, except for the muffler, the car runs very well as it accelerates and leaves them behind in the dust?

Darren

Post by Darren »

"(Reuters) - China is ready to put U.S. companies in an “unreliable entity list,” as part of countermeasures against Washington’s move to block shipments of semiconductors to Huawei Technologies, the Global Times reported on Friday.

The measures include launching investigations and imposing restrictions on U.S. companies such as Apple Inc, Cisco Systems Inc, Qualcomm Inc as well as suspending purchase of Boeing Co airplanes, the report said here citing a source. "

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Joe says:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

What the fuck's an "epissame", Darren?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I think probably epiphany.

As for the car with the broken muffler, it's probably still good if the coputer control unit is working, otherwise not so much. And Trump's control unit, (otherwise known as his "brain" to the extent he has one) is pretty defective. Running away and leaving the other cars "in the dust" is not good, unless the car is going somewhere useful, and Trump is more like the loud muffler, making a lot of noise and going nowhere. And that's Trump.

But of couse, he's a genius uberman that the lesser mortal like us just can't appeciate. Parents always say that of their "special' children.

Darren

China may have met their match in Trump.

Post by Darren »

I like epissime better. The light burns so brightly with insight you almost piss yourself.

I doubt Trump's a genius in a let's test his IQ sense. I think he has Asperger's which is a boon and a bane. He'll never play well with others. OTOH he'll see connections and linkages most never will and do things that make no sense to many. It's the results in the end that count.

He'll take of advantage of an adversary's strengths and weaknesses because his level of understanding isn't by the book politics. His first two foreign trips support that.

As neither Democrat nor true Republican he has loyalty to neither. That's a good thing along with not being a politician who'll blow smoke up your ass.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: China may have met their match in Trump.

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Darren wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:23 pm
As neither Democrat patriot nor true Republican supporter of the Constitution he has loyalty to neither himself alone. That's a good thing fact along with not being a politician who'll only blow smoke up your ass.
FTFY

Man, your auto-correct is really on the fritz
:lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I don't necessarily buy Asperger's, nor do I buy he has any facility in seeing non apparent connections and linkages. I see him as a self centered person who has been catered to all his life, hs come to expect it and only knows how to blow his own horn. Results? I've seen few to none, although he claims he has unprecedented results; among foreign leaders, he's the drunk uncle everyone tolerates but no one really takes all that seriously; and given his self importance, he clearly cannot appoint anyone who knows more than him to an important position, and will get rid of them if any competence shows, so his "results" are few and far between. Maybe a good game show host (I don't know, I never watched his show, but it was popular), but the worst president I have seen in my lifetime (and he has some strong competition there).

Your view reminds me of the people in the film Being There, who ascribed the "idiosyncrasies" of the Peter Sellers character to a vast intellect and other desirable characteristics, when all along he was a mentally compromised man who could barely take care of himself. Trump is just taking that to a higher degree by being obnoxious as well.

Darren

Post by Darren »

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Trump administration officials on Thursday recommended granting U.S. energy regulators the ability to block imports of nuclear fuel from Russia and China and detailed plans for setting up a government stockpile of uranium sourced from domestic miners."

Darren

Post by Darren »

"President Trump moved on Friday to block shipments of semiconductors to Chinese giant Huawei Technologies from global chipmakers, a step that could escalate tensions with Beijing.

The Commerce Department announced it is amending an export rule to “strategically target Huawei’s acquisition of semiconductors that are the direct product of certain U.S. software and technology.”

Huawei uses semiconductors to make its smartphones."

RayThom

China has a problem and it's not the Wuhan flu.

Post by RayThom »

Oh shit!

There 'he' goes again.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That's just what we need in the middle of a recession, a trade war.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Big RR wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:18 pm
That's just what we need in the middle of a recession, a trade war.
Not just a trade war, a cold war with China.

What better way for Trump to get reelected than to whip up that patriotic fervor in the red states? That goes to the Reuter's poll.

Remember, if you can't eat it, consider whether or not you can fuck it before you simply piss on it and forget it. I can't explain it any simpler than that.

China is fucked. But wait! THERE'S MORE! Maybe we can dig up Jack Bailey and have him crown China "QUEEN for a day!".

They could get a full set of appliances to furnish their office if they tell the world their sob story about being screwed by Trump.