Attack of The Killer Covid Grocery Shoppers

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
ex-khobar Andy

Re: Attack of The Killer Covid Grocery Shoppers

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Per Ray, in Wally World:
A woman wearing her mask below her nose intersected my travels three times. Each time I signaled her to pull up the mask, and each time she gave me a cold, defiant, stare.
I didn't know this was a thing, like wearing the jeans so that the JOCKEY waistband shows. Maybe it was the same woman I saw in HD with her mask draped seductively over her chin.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Doctors and nurses wear gloves for each unique interaction with a patient, then the pair is tossed and a new pair put on for the next interaction with the next patient - and the gloves aren’t worn from patient X’s room out into the charting area or other parts of the hospital, because to do so would cross-contaminate.

If you wear gloves in the grocery store, you are likely to cross contaminate all over the store, all over your wallet and phone and glasses, etc. and very often folks are not utilizing proper technique to remove the gloves without cross contaminating themselves and far too many covidiots are tossing their dirty gloves in baskets and on the ground in parking lots where the poor store clerks have to pick them up and dispose of them.

The safest approach in the grocery store is, touch only the items you’re going to buy, after checkout and loading bags into your car use hand sanitizer, then after unloading your groceries at home, wash your hands. CDC has updated guidelines and no longer advises wiping down all the packaging because their testing suggests the likelihood of contracting virus from paper metal plastic and glass packaging is close to infinitesimally small. If you are hyper immune compromised go ahead and do it, but otherwise just wash your fruits and veggies and treat other packaging as normal and just keep washing those hands with plain old soap and water.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

liberty

Post by liberty »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:21 am
liberty wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:59 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:19 am

Do you change them (after each thing you touch) and wash your hands before putting on a fresh pair? If not you are wasting effort and becoming a huge problem yourself. Ix-nay on the oveglas. Seriously, just don't.
Well, then why do nurses and doctors wear them?
We use them correctly. Now please go gargle with some lysol.
Very Informative, you should be a teacher! :roll:
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Per BSG:
The safest approach in the grocery store is, touch only the items you’re going to buy
Good advice, and I haven't heard it from anyone: not Trump, not Cuomo, not KY's Beshear. Normally I comb through the bacon to find one with a bit of red in it (English bacon is mostly red - I wish I understood what you guys do to it) or pick up the avocados until I find the ones I want. Not now. If I touch it I buy it. But I seem to be alone in that: I see people in particular fingering the produce.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

liberty wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:19 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
liberty wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:59 am

Well, then why do nurses and doctors wear them?
You would not be worth the keystrokes to explain as you have proven yourself ineducable. Now how about that Lysol?

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I agree based on everything I've seen and read about it, the use of gloves by the average person is likely to cause more harm than good. I just use hand sanitizer periodically while I'm out, and then do a real thorough hand and lower arm soap and water scrubbing when I get home.
ImageImageImage

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:19 pm
Per Ray, in Wally World:
A woman wearing her mask below her nose intersected my travels three times. Each time I signaled her to pull up the mask, and each time she gave me a cold, defiant, stare.
I didn't know this was a thing, like wearing the jeans so that the JOCKEY waistband shows. Maybe it was the same woman I saw in HD with her mask draped seductively over her chin.
I encountered several people like this—mostly store employees!!!—in 2 different grocery stores today. Seriously, WTF are these idiots thinking? How do they think protective face masks work? (Magic spells?) Do they not know that the masks are for PROTECTING THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM (both their own and others')??? Do they not know that the words "respiration" and "respiratory" refer to BREATHING??? Do they not see any connection between their nose and breathing??? Do they think that their nose is only for smelling and their mouth is for breathing???
:roll: :shrug :loon :evil: :arg

People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I found a story — in a Hawaiian paper, of all places! — indicating the above picture was taken last Monday at a bar in St. Charles, MO after the state's stay-at-home order expired.

What I'd like to know, though, is why a bartender at a tavern in a community less than 30 miles from Busch Stadium in St. Louis is wearing a Minnesota Vikings hat and something that appears to be emblazoned with the intertwined T and C of the Minnesota Twins' logo on his right forearm. (view larger picture here)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

He was probably from Minnesota; people often don't change their team loyalties when they move to a different state. (Right, Jim?)

I only used that particular photo to illustrate the idiotic behavior that I and Ray and Andy had observed. (Why is he wearing a mask at all if it's not covering his nose *AND* mouth?)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Hey yesterday I ran into a pharmacy employee doing that.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

people often don't change their team loyalties when they move to a different state. (Right, Jim?)
A Redskins fan born, a Redskins fan bred, and when I die, a Redskins fan dead... :ok
ImageImageImage

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Econoline wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 2:51 am
He was probably from Minnesota
Just say 1970.

liberty

Post by liberty »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:05 pm
liberty wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:19 am
TPFKA@W wrote:

You would not be worth the keystrokes to explain as you have proven yourself ineducable. Now how about that Lysol?
And some liberals are so smart they can’t see that they are being manipulated. The only people that care about Lysol are those that already hate him and are not going to vote for anyway. When you mock him, you make his voters even more determined to vote for him. Of course, it may not work there is nothing guaranteed.

I was manipulated by a salesman once, but I was smart enough not to let it happened again. Then sometime later, a salesman says to me, ” You need to be more trusting.” Sure I do for your benefit.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I was manipulated by a salesman once, but I was smart enough not to let it happened again.
Just the once, dear? (To (mis)quote June Whitfield in AbFab.)

If you've been manipulated by a salesman only once, you've done awfully well. (Hint: Donald Trump wrote (!!??!!) The Art of the Deal. It seems to be still working.) Or was that one time in November 2016 and you're telling us that it won't happen again this November? I welcome that Damascene conversion and I think we should all take some credit for it, but lib, the major kudos is yours. Thank you.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Lord Jim wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:40 am
people often don't change their team loyalties when they move to a different state. (Right, Jim?)
A Redskins fan born, a Redskins fan bred, and when I die, a Redskins fan dead... :ok
You're probably correct, LJ, but I'd be a little reluctant to fly my flag if I was that deep in 'enemy' territory.
Unless maybe this is a bar frequented primarily by Minnesota ex-pats, just like one can find dedicated (Green Bay) Packer bars in just about every state in the union.  There's at least a half-dozen in your neighborhood (the San Francisco/Oakland area) alone.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

I may just print out a few copies of this, and when I see a man wearing a mask like this I'll just hand him a copy without saying anything. (I need a similar drawing of a woman wearing a bra with her tits hanging out over the top.)
God @The Tweet of God

liberty

Post by liberty »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:50 pm
I was manipulated by a salesman once, but I was smart enough not to let it happened again.
Just the once, dear? (To (mis)quote June Whitfield in AbFab.)

If you've been manipulated by a salesman only once, you've done awfully well. (Hint: Donald Trump wrote (!!??!!) The Art of the Deal. It seems to be still working.) Or was that one time in November 2016 and you're telling us that it won't happen again this November? I welcome that Damascene conversion and I think we should all take some credit for it, but lib, the major kudos is yours. Thank you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Andy, do you work in sales?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

When you mock him, you make his voters even more determined to vote for him. Of course, it may not work there is nothing guaranteed.
:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make no mistake Liberty, I am not mocking him, I am mocking YOU. Just so that is clear, all mockery and contempt in that post is directly aimed at YOU. Trump stands on his own for that particular pleasure.

liberty

Post by liberty »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:22 pm
When you mock him, you make his voters even more determined to vote for him. Of course, it may not work there is nothing guaranteed.
:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make no mistake Liberty, I am not mocking him, I am mocking YOU. Just so that is clear, all mockery and contempt in that post is directly aimed at YOU. Trump stands on his own for that particular pleasure.
I would expect nothing else from the enemy, but I don’t matter; I am expendable. The mission is all that matters.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

“The enemy “. That is hilarious. Inadvertently of course.

I again find myself drunk with power.