Attack of The Killer Covid Grocery Shoppers

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I've been going to the grocery store twice per week. I would go only once but I like the fresher vegetables, even if it's bagged lettuce. I've noticed in the last two weeks that although the stores are doing all they can to keep people masked and clean-handed, shoppers are getting sloppy and/or just don't care much anymore.

I went to Safeway today. Everyone was wearing a mask (you can't get in without one) but I didn't see anyone even attempting to stay 6 feet from others anywhere other than the designated waiting areas to get checked out. People were almost bumping into each other and acting like there's nothing to be concerned about. I also noticed no customers (except me) wearing gloves in the store (although I'm not really sure what good they do - that's for another thread). In the past nearly everyone was wearing gloves.

My theory is that a lot of people - mostly young and middle-aged people - are beginning to think like Darren. They probably think the pandemic is over-hyped and even if they get it, it won't be so bad. They're more willing to risk getting covid than they were in the past.

Thank you, Trump, for your great leadership. We need more people like you (in the covid ward).

That's my experience. Is anyone else seeing what I'm seeing? I'm considering going armed in my future grocery trips and shooting people in the head if they get within 6 feet of me, just to be extra careful.

Darren

Re: Attack of The Killer Covid Grocery Shoppers

Post by Darren »

I went to a hardware store today. One man walked in with a mask. All the rest of us, nope. Walmart isn't enforcing anything. More have been wearing masks most recently. Some still walk in w/o a mask.

In talking with many I'm hearing the same thing. At the end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020 people had something that was worse than the flu. Lots of people point to the big construction jobs and oil patch work that brings in workers from all over. They think the virus was here and is now mostly gone.

I've already mentioned the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center ignoring the governors order by reopening.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

dales

Post by dales »

Selfish and stupid people - typical Trump voters.

Gawd, has this country gone down the toilet.

And Joe, here in CALIFORNIA high cap mags are verboten - plan accordingly.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I also noticed no customers (except me) wearing gloves in the store
Do you change them (after each thing you touch) and wash your hands before putting on a fresh pair? If not you are wasting effort and becoming a huge problem yourself. Ix-nay on the oveglas. Seriously, just don't.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:19 am
Do you change them (after each thing you touch) and wash your hands before putting on a fresh pair? If not you are wasting effort and becoming a huge problem yourself. Ix-nay on the oveglas. Seriously, just don't.
Wouldn't the same process apply to using your bare hands at the store? If you don't wash your hands after every time you touch anything, you could be spreading disease all over the place. I figured the gloves at least protected ME from door handles and things like that as long as I removed the gloves later without infecting myself. Like whattaya do? Open your car door with your gloves on or take them off first? Or do you wash your gloves and the door handle after you get in your car and before you throw the gloves away?

Anyway, one store I go to gives you gloves before you go inside if you aren't wearing any. And until recently, almost everybody seemed to be wearing them. Either most people realized that it's not such a great idea or they could no longer find or afford them - or both.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Most people don't know how to wear gloves. I see deli folk all the time (pre-CoV) put the gloves on and think that they and the customers are now immune to everything. In normal times I'd rather people did not wear gloves, wash their hand frequently, and develop a sense of clean hand dirty hand.

I was in Lowes and HD today - most people wearing masks, many wearing gloves, and almost everyone behaving themselves.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

I'm over 70 and recovering from radical gastric cancer surgery. I'm in the highly vulnerable age and illness category. Although I'm much stronger than I was last month this virus could be devastating to me.

After my ONC visit today I stopped at my local Wallyworld to pick up my meds, and restock some food items. A woman wearing her mask below her nose intersected my travels three times. Each time I signaled her to pull up the mask, and each time she gave me a cold, defiant, stare.

I may have been in deep do-do had she been packing heat.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Okay, I'll go back to using disposable gloves only for oil changes and stuff like that. And I'll bring a big tub of bleach and a can of lysol to wash my hands in after I touch anything in the grocery store. I'm willing do my part as an American to stop the spread of this invisible deadly disease that is attacking all of us.

Bleach that wall!

liberty

Post by liberty »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Well, then why do nurses and doctors wear them?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:59 am
If you're talking about doctors & nurses wearing masks and gloves when dealing with covid patients or possible covid patients, it's because they're dealing with covid patients or possible covid patients.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

liberty wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:59 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
We use them correctly. Now please go gargle with some lysol.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:21 am
We use them correctly. Now please go gargle with some lysol.
I gargle with bleach. It not only kills the covid, it has the added benefit of maintaining my big bright white smile.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I understand it is impossible to find a freezer for sale currently. I guess all the hoarders had to store the toilet paper somewhere so it wouldn't go bad.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:58 am
I understand it is impossible to find a freezer for sale currently. I guess all the hoarders had to store the toilet paper somewhere so it wouldn't go bad.
They also use freezers to store all of their deceased covid infected family members when the hospitals and morgues are too crowded.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Masks are not compulsory here, but most wear them when shopping. Some wear washing up gloves.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:54 am
Masks are not compulsory here, but most wear them when shopping. Some wear washing up gloves.
Howie Mandel pioneered that kind of thing. But I think the mask works better:

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Idiot!! :lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

The news announced that Menards (a BIG BOX building material store if you don't have them locally) would require ALL shoppers to wear masks upon entering. I assumed that was supposed to be on a national level. If you didn't have one, you could buy one. I thought about seeing if they'd sell me several since I was in the area, but I didn't.
After three days of dismal sales, the local news announced that the two local stores were no longer requiring masks.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

That picture was back when Howie had hair.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.