Two weeks ago there was a blizzard in Toronto...

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Scooter

Two weeks ago there was a blizzard in Toronto...

Post by Scooter »

... today it is 86°.

If there is a god, it has a very twisted sense of humour.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

dales

Re: Two weeks ago there was a blizzard in Toronto...

Post by dales »

Here in the SF Bay Area, some areas of Contra Costa County (where I live) are projected to be over 100F.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Half that temp here on the beach, and very foggy all day. A good day curl up with a book and a cup of hot tea. I turned the heat back on.

It was bright and sunny and glorious yesterday, and I was outside in my yard cleaning up and painting, or standing outside in line for local hardware stores all day - but only 48, with a stiff sea breeze, so it was quite chilly.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

We'll have 28F tonight and a huge 60F tomorrow - and for the next three days. I hate you all
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

it's going to hit 18c (64f) here people are heading to the beaches...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:40 am
We'll have 28F tonight and a huge 60F tomorrow - and for the next three days. I hate you all
That was a mistype - not 60F but 50. High tomorrow might be 56. Right now (5:31pm) it's 46F outside and perhaps less than that inside. (Residual heat shedding from the ground helps outdoors but indoors is nada)
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts