I am sending thoughts and prayers...

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

...to Rush Limbaugh's cancer. I hope it takes him slowly, excruciatingly painfully, and is ultimately victorious.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Re: I am sending thoughts and prayers...

Post by BoSoxGal »

Apparently he’s so beat down by his latest round of chemo he is contemplating quitting his show.

HALLELUJAH!!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

I understand that Rush got his lung cancer sucking in flatulence while licking the Big Grifter's balls and anus.

If I believed in Hell I'd pray that Ditto-man goes there. The next best alternative will be his living until November 4th only to find out Biden beat his idol, and then painfully expiring soon after.

Hate has no home here.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

“For the last seventy years days, I have been virtually worthless, virtually useless," the conservative radio host revealed.
FTFY Rush.

Yes, he's only 69 but his mother was counting gestation
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

If you had asked me yesterday if I could ever wish cancer on anyone, I would have said no, never.

I stand corrected.

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:34 pm
If you had asked me yesterday if I could ever wish cancer on anyone, I would have said no, never. I stand corrected.
For me, that's perfectly acceptable. I go to bed every night wishing some terminal illness, or even a hemorrhagic stroke, overcomes our narcissist, Grifter-in-Chief. I recent put Rush on that same wish list.

My advice, just be sure, deep down in your heart, the recipient truly deserves the bad mojo.

God knows the score -- he will forgive you.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

This seems like a good place to remind folks how y’all vilified me for expressing the same thoughts (wishing suffering and/or death on vile people) not that long ago.

Don’t worry, I never gave a fuck about your opinions in the first place so no need to apologize - I just enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy. :mrgreen:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Quite right.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I believe in Karma, and that’s enough for me. He will get what he deserves, one way or another.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Darren

Post by Darren »

Guinevere wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:42 pm
I believe in Karma, and that’s enough for me. He will get what he deserves, one way or another.
I don't believe in heaven or hell and I'm too sure about karma. As much as we might wish a not nice outcome for someone, what does that do to our spirit?

I'm guilty of the same. I can hope to be better about my wishes for others. I hope others do too.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

What I don't look forward to when he eventually croaks is all the tributes, memorials, and nonstop coverage that will happen. I'd rather he die quietly and no one actually notice.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Guinevere wrote:
I am not sure if it is sad or just dark comedy that people on the other side of the political spectrum say the exact same, very nasty things about the fates of liberal commentators/politicians. They, too, claim that karma is in their corner. :shock:

I consider myself on the conservative side of most things but I absolutely could never, NEVER stand Limbaugh. My husband would come home talking about someone in his office who always had Limbaugh on the radio and I would get really wound up and screech at husband forbidding the name to be spoken in MY HOUSE. Something about him is just slime. But I refuse to join in wishing him some hideous death. There is something very wrong in that.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I don't understand how anyone could wish a painful death from cancer on anyone.

dales

Post by dales »

Small minded, hate filled.

What the accuse RL of they have become.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:39 pm
Guinevere wrote:
I am not sure if it is sad or just dark comedy that people on the other side of the political spectrum say the exact same, very nasty things about the fates of liberal commentators/politicians. They, too, claim that karma is in their corner. :shock:

I consider myself on the conservative side of most things but I absolutely could never, NEVER stand Limbaugh. My husband would come home talking about someone in his office who always had Limbaugh on the radio and I would get really wound up and screech at husband forbidding the name to be spoken in MY HOUSE. Something about him is just slime. But I refuse to join in wishing him some hideous death. There is something very wrong in that.
I think you misunderstand my take. Karma/fate/god will judge him, and I can’t control how that turns out, but that’s enough. Not sure how that’s nasty. I despise the man, but I won’t actively wish him ill. I wouldn’t do that to my worst enemy. Or even Trump.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

I don't see how wishing ill upon those with whom I fully disagree makes me small minded or hate filled. It merely reflects my disdain for those who are, in fact, truly small minded and/or hate filled. The Big Grifter and Limbaugh have absolutely no regard for anything other than themselves and their ratings thereby earning my wrath and ill will.

What I can wish for is one thing, but what I could make real would be something else entirely. If only I had that type of power. I'd either be the most malevolent person, or the most revered. Regardless, it's mostly a catharsis for built up frustration, not much more to it.

I hate no one, but I have developed a distaste and hostility toward anyone who kisses the ass of the current White House resident, and they will continue to get a nightly "wish" from me.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Guinevere wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:25 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:39 pm
Guinevere wrote:

I think you misunderstand my take. Karma/fate/god will judge him, and I can’t control how that turns out, but that’s enough. Not sure how that’s nasty. I despise the man, but I won’t actively wish him ill. I wouldn’t do that to my worst enemy. Or even Trump.
Good on you then. You really can't count on karma, but hate will eat one up from the inside out.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I don’t do hate - at least I try very hard not to. And I agree with you.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

RayThom wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 3:06 am
I don't see how wishing ill upon those with whom I fully disagree makes me small minded or hate filled.
If you don't see a difference between (say) hoping that Trump loses in November; or that he will be impeached for his actual acts; or that he resigns in shame and is cast on the Harts Island of history

AND
I go to bed every night wishing some terminal illness, or even a hemorrhagic stroke, overcomes our narcissist, Grifter-in-Chief. I recent put Rush on that same wish list
then I feel even sorrier for you than I did before. It is both small-minded and hate-filled to hope another human being, no matter how much one despises him/her, dies in agonizing pain.

rubato

Post by rubato »

I don't wish cancer or death on Limbaugh. I wish weekly humiliation and shame on him until he is reviled by his former converts.

yrs,
rubato