Anyone Else Here On Curfew?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
dales

Post by dales »

From my inbox:
Director of Communications Susan Shiu, Contra Costa County AGENCY
Contra Costa County CURFEW ORDER 6/2/2020: Due to civil unrest, the County has passed a proclamation of local emergency & a curfew order. The countywide curfew starts Tues., June 2, at 8:00 PM. Please stay home from 8:00 PM until 5:00 AM the following day, until further notice. See news release and link to order at http://contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter.... The order does not apply to people traveling to and from work. See order for other details. Cities may impose stricter guidelines. Please stay safe.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Philly -- 8PM to 6AM.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Long Run

Re: Anyone Else Here On Curfew?

Post by Long Run »

We were the last few nights. Appears to have been lifted tonight.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

A countywide curfew is in effect from 8:30 PM to 5:00 AM June 2 and June 3. - San Mateo County

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Boston had a recommended covid curfew of 9pm in effect until May 18; I can't see where it's extended or one issued for protesters. Very large crowd of protesters on the common today. We are gathering in my city Thursday evening on the town common and I'm planning to join.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Marion County (Indianapolis) has had a curfew last couple of nights but not here.

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

The larger cities around here are, as well as anywhere that the false flag rioters (mostly Proud Boys and other white supremacist groups posing as antifa) have stated they would attack. My company has been trying to ensure none of us are in the city past 2PM, and has been having us go home early all week to avoid being out past curfews. Unfortunately with us all being on reduced hours (only allowed 32 hours max) getting sent home 2-3 hours early each day quickly dropped all the hourly employees below the "full time" threshold of 30 hours which trips an automatic loss of full-time benefits in the accounting system. So, they had those of us willing to do so take work home. I spent 4 hours this afternoon testing, sanitizing, and packing Blu-Ray players for redeployment while sitting in my living room, watching Wolverine, and getting paid for it.
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Gob

Post by Gob »

No curfew here, but as I'm in bed from 9.00 pm to 5.30 am, I couldn't give a fuck if they start one.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Louisville has been under a 9 PM to 630AM curfew for four nights, now extended until June 8. I'm in the 'burbs so well away from it. Dentist office next door gave me his number to call if trouble appeared down the road. My daughter is nearer downtown.

Local Nike store is boarded up but AFAIK that is only pre-emptive. Here we have had two police shootings in the last couple of months.